Irish Mountain
Running Association

IMPORTANT BALLYHOURA ANNOUNCEMENT

AuthorDateMessage
Robbie WilliamsApr 15 2022, 6:45pmLads..

Can all runners who wish to take part in any of these races please register.

This includes runners ***that have already registered before the website problems***.

Your original first payment will then be refunded. We have looked at other ways to do this but this is the only way to have it sorted cleanly.

We apologize for this hiccup but we will still hopefully see you all there on the day.

Thank you for your understanding.

Ps: if you wish to get a race tee shirt please sign up (even if you did a few weeks ago) before Monday night as I will be giving the final tee shirt order on Monday night.

This year we are going for a nice casual cotton tee to switch things up, which you can view on the imra Munster Instagram.

Just to reiterate; runners registering after Monday night are likely to not get a tee so please sign up before then.

Apologies again for this but these things happen. I know the IT lads spend the entire weekend (remember we are all runners and volunteers) last weekend trying to get the website sorted so we thank them for giving up all of their time to keep the show in the road !

Thanks Lads

See you soon in Ballyhoura
geraldine KennyApr 15 2022, 7:39pmDo i need to apply for the refund of the first registration I paid ?
Kevin KellyApr 15 2022, 8:12pmDo we have to pay our €60 again for the first payment to be refunded ???
Robbie WilliamsApr 16 2022, 10:18amYep

As above
Robbie WilliamsApr 16 2022, 10:19am…the lads will refund from the list

You don’t need to apply
Kevin KellyApr 16 2022, 10:25amCheers for that Robbie much appreciated
Robbie WilliamsApr 18 2022, 8:53pmPlease make sure you are entered before tonight for whatever race in Ballyhoura you wish to do…

Again, if you were signed up before the site went down, please sign up again and a refund will be issued for your first sign up

Thank you

** I have a limit fewer in my current list than we’re signed up pre site problem so there may be a few people not getting tee shirts !

Pass on word to any pals please
Robbie WilliamsApr 19 2022, 3:09pmI have 29 runners that have not re-signed up for Ballyhoura races. Refunds have been ordered for all these runners so they are effectively not booked in for the races.

Registration is open until this evening. You would have all received an email in regards to this so if you have not re-signed up , note you will not have a place in the race.

Please sort ASAP if wishing to race.
Please note this is taking up a huge amount of our time behind the scenes so help us by getting sorted.

Thank you

Robbie
GARY ARBUTHNOTApr 19 2022, 3:28pmRobbie, I've paid twice, been refunded once but have received no additional emails re this and no confirmation of entry. I appreciate the headache this must be for you guys but as I'm travelling from Belfast for the marathon I'd just like to know I have a place.
Robbie WilliamsApr 19 2022, 3:43pmYa Your in Gary !

Do you a brother also ?l
Patrick McGowanApr 19 2022, 5:00pmHi Robbie, I had not entered previously however I am trying to enter now but I keep getting an error at the payment stage. Is there some work still happening at the mo or shall I keep trying? I'm using Chrome browser.

Paddy
GARY ARBUTHNOTApr 19 2022, 5:10pmPerfect, thanks Robbie, no brother, it's probably just my payment is down as Thomas. Thanks, looking forward to it
Robbie WilliamsApr 19 2022, 5:20pmYep

That had me guessing
Patrick McGowanApr 19 2022, 6:04pmStill having issues purchasing, tried it on the phone too but no luck.
Paddy
Patrick McGowanApr 19 2022, 6:23pmAha! I found that monster forum about the payment issues. I missed all that. All sorted with entry now.

Paddy
Eoin KeithApr 19 2022, 6:25pmIf anyone is having issues making payments could they post the issues they are having in the online payments thread on the forum please. If it's a technical issue with the website I might be able to fix it. Thanks.
Patrick McGowanApr 19 2022, 6:29pmApologies for that Eoin, will do for any future issues I might have.
Paddy
Eoin KeithApr 19 2022, 6:34pmNo apologies are necessary at all! Gald it all worked in the end.
Robbie WilliamsApr 19 2022, 10:19pmRegistration stretched to Thursday 10pm lads

First come first served for tee shirts after today thiugh
Robbie WilliamsApr 28 2022, 9:21pmBallyhoura Ultra, Marathon and Half-May 2022
Welcome all to another year of the Ballyhoura summer events. As always we have prepared 3 courses.
Here is any essential information you need to know. Parking & Sign In: Sign in is in the side of school whichis accessed from the main carpark. Parking is in the pitch to rear of the school. The is a busy GAA match next door in the afternoon so please only stick to the school grounds.
To sign in you need to go to the table and collect your number first if you have not yet collected your 2022 number bib. Sign in afterwards. Next, those that registered before the deadline 2 weeks ago can collect your race t-shirt. Any runners that are not on that list will need to come back after the race as there may be enough.

Mandatory Kit for All Races:
Jacket, ability to carry 250ml water, food source, charged mobile phone.

Race start times:
Ultra: 7am (race briefing 6:50am at start line)
Marathon: 9am (race briefing 8:50am at start line)
Half: 11am (race brief 10:50am at start line)

Routes:
The Half Marathon is a separate course to the marathon. It is mainly a new route which we have not used before which starts and finishes at school.
The Marathon is the traditional route taking in The Darragh Hills and thaen taking on Seefin afterwards.
The Ultra route is the half route (which comes back to side of school (checkpoint 21km with bag drop) and then goes out on the marathon loop.
All races will complete one full lap of the pitch at rear of the school before going back out onto the road to start race routes.
Routes are mainly marked with red and white arrows and in some areas with the yellow and red IMRA mini flags.

Checkpoints & Aid Stations
Half: One station at approx. 11km into course. Water, jellies, choc.
Marathon: One station and checkpoint at 20km approx. at Ballyhoura Holiday Homes. Marathoners can leave drop bags at the registration designated area. There is no guarantee that the bag will be returned to school so nothing of value and limited to a small bag. There will be a cut off point here for marathoners at 12:30 in the morning. There will also be water at 10km and water at 32km approx….No plastic cups.

Ultra: The first station will be approx. 10km in and will be water & jellies
The next checkpoint is the school you started at 21km in. You can leave your drop bag at the designated point here and you can accessed as you come through. There is a cut off time here at 10:15am. The next water is approx. 31km mark Darragh Creamery.
The next aid station is Ballyorgan Holiday Homes approx. 42km. Here you can collect from your 2nd drop bag. Water and sweets, choc also available here. There will be a cut off here at 1:45pm.
Now you enter the 3rd half marathon and up over Seefin. There will be water at approx. 50-52km also.
Finish Line:
Once finished collect a nice hot meal and dessert. Drinks will also be available as well as complimentary Beer courtesy of Eight Degrees Brewing.
Unfortunately, this year the GAA showers are not available to us as they have their first match back in their facility same day. We will have a hose set up around the back of school so feel free to bring your towel and freshen up.

*******Euro Trialists need to make themselves know to us at registration so we can affix a tracker to your pack.

PLEASE REMEMBER WE ARE ALL RUNNERS SAME AS YOU, AND WE ALL LOVE TO RUN TOO! IF YOU HAVE NOT VOLUNTEERED AND YOU HAVE RUN 5 RACES, PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME DOWN FOR A RACE THAT IS COMING UP.
IF YOU DO LONG EVENTS VOLUNTEER FOR A SHORT DISTANCE AND SIMILARLY THE OTHER WAY ROUND

THANK YOU ALL !!!

ROBBIE
IMRA MUNSTER
Sarah WhelanMay 27 2022, 8:28pmHi Robbie I paid for the half in Ballyhoura twice and am still waiting on refund. Can you check it out for me? Race number 384 Sarah Whelan. Thanks.
Jim McGourtyJun 20 2022, 9:07amHi. Any plans for this race to be registered with ITRA?