Irish Mountain
Running Association

Forth Mountain Wexford

AuthorDateMessage
Karl RichardsFeb 26 2022, 4:11pmHi All Apologies that the event hasnt gone live yet. We will get the registration page up and running in the next day. It will be the same route as last year for those that ran it. A great course with a bit of everything from single track, technical rocky trials to fire road and forest sections.

We would really appreciate some volunteers to help the event be successful. We are searching for a first aider without which the race cant proceed.
Francis ByrneFeb 28 2022, 10:24amHi, is there juniors run? If so, can an adult run with there child?
Karl RichardsFeb 28 2022, 11:41amHi Francis yes there will be a junior run which is about 4km and an adult can run the short course with the junior.
Karl RichardsFeb 28 2022, 2:13pmVOLUNTEERS: We have a first aider for teh race on sunday but we are looking for a few volunteers (running or non running) to help on the day to help with registration and car parking.
Karl RichardsMar 2 2022, 3:20pmEntries for the forth mountain race will be closing on Friday afternoon. To avoid disappointment please don't leave it to the last minute to register,. The weather forecast is looking great for the race!
Sean CollierMar 2 2022, 8:31pmJeez, I hope the race isn't as hard as entering it was.
See you Sunday
Karl RichardsMar 3 2022, 5:44pmREMINDER

Don’t forget ENTRY CLOSES:
Tomorrow 2022-03-04 at 18:00:00

Register now if you want to race on Sunday.
John BolandMar 4 2022, 8:05pmHi, I had trouble entering earlier this afternoon and now I have missed the online entry deadline, is there any way to enter before Sunday morning?
Derek HayMar 5 2022, 2:55pmDo I need my race chip for this event?
Karl RichardsMar 5 2022, 7:33pm@john so sorry you missed registration. Hopefully we can start to use vouchers at future races. Unfortunately we can’t take vouchers at tomorrow’s race. You’ll have to put it in your 2023 calendar.
Karl RichardsMar 5 2022, 7:35pm@Derek no we won’t need chips tomorrow. You need your race number and rain jacket. We are recording manually at the finish line. See you tomorrow
Michael BligheMar 6 2022, 2:02pmWell done to Karl and all the team. A really enjoyable route, with a little bit of everything, and a lovely sunny morning down in Wexford.
Eoin McCarthyMar 6 2022, 2:17pmThanks Karl and all volunteers. Lovely route and soft underfoot! Well marshalled and marked despite many of us going wrong a few times!!
Karl RichardsMar 6 2022, 2:52pm@Michael Blighe you left before the prize giving. You were the 3rd male. Niamh has your prize and will bring it to the next race.
Karl RichardsMar 6 2022, 2:56pmFolks well done in todays race and I am glad you enjoyed the testing route.

The results will be posted in the next day or two. Please let me know if there are any issues or if your name does not appear. Hopefully everything is correct.

A big thank you to all the volunteers who made this race possible. They all played a blinder and we were all able to head home at 1 pm today with the course demarked and markers passed on to the next race.

Looking forward to giving Annagh Hill a go next sunday.
Niamh KellyMar 6 2022, 4:27pmWell done and thank you to Karl and all the great help today it was a great day and the weather was lovely

Well done to all our runners, we are looking forward to seeing you all at Oughaval on the 20th of March
Brendan LawlorMar 6 2022, 4:56pmWho knew Wexford has its very own Ballinastoe ?.. all we needed was a bit of a swamp in the middle of the route and about 6 billion midges and you wouldn't have been able to tell the difference.. mud, puddles, gnarly tree stumps more mud, bigger puddles, people going wrong (including myself) , lovely foresty sections ,mud and shite, shite and mud, more even bigger puddles, views over Wexford, deeper puddles becoming swamp like, and a grand bit of fire road at the finish.. what more could you ask for....?

Well maybe spot prizes, and guess what .. lucky Pol O Murchu struck gold again !!

Thank you to Karl and all his helpers and marshals.. a great morning out in the hills and sunshine of Wexford