Irish Mountain
Running Association

Howth Summer

AuthorDateMessage
Joanne MooneyJan 20 2022, 10:39amHi,

Im new to the club and racing this coming Saturday in Howth. I will be bringing my two children ( 13 and 10 year old )

Do I need to register them online to enter the junior race? Or is this something I can do on the day ?

Thanks
Jo
Joseph BoyleJan 20 2022, 11:06amYou have to register and enter them individually. The following link is from a post last year that shows how to add them to your email account https://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/5932.
Phil behanApr 28 2022, 12:23pmHi all

to avoid confusion I wont start another thread here for Howth Summer race.

With less than 4 weeks to go to Howth summer I have updated the event page with info and Jo Boyles excellent course routes on Ploatroute. The senior and junior routes are the same as last year's summer race. I suggest taking a good look at them on Plotaroute before the race as the Howth race is known for sudden quick directional changes and requires going back over the same sections on the way to the finish. Sure isn't that why we all love the Howth race ? It will be very well marked so don't worry too much. I'll try answer any queries or questions about the race that you may have here as best I can. Looking forward to seeing you on hopefully a lovely summer evening in Binn Eadair. Thanks Phil.
Phil behanMay 9 2022, 3:36pmHi all

Just a quick update. Unfortunately due to staffing issues in the venue we will not have access to the café after the race. I'll be providing drinks and cakes after so no worries. How I'm ever going to top Joe's IMRA branded cakes is another issue !

Thanks all
Phil
Andrew MooreMay 16 2022, 12:43pmWhen does race entry open? Done my first IMRA this year at the Relay and now hungry for more
Phil behanMay 16 2022, 4:02pmHi Andrew, Howth entries should open in the next few days usually after Ardgillian race is completed. Thanks.Phil
Phil behanMay 18 2022, 3:45pmHi all, with Ardgilian sorted and underway tonight I could do with a few extra volunteers for registration and carpark at Howth race if anyone is free. Thanks all. Phil
Phil behanToday, 8:04amMorning all

Just a few things for those running the Howth race this Wed. All info is on the race page also.

1: Carpark - €2 optional donation. This will go a local charity.
2: Junior Course is also the short course. If you're doing the short course you must let us know in advance. This applies to both the early start at 19.00pm and the race start at 19.30pm. You cannot change your mind mid - course !
3: The early start is not an option unless you have 160% of a winner's time so please do not ask on the night.
4: No headphones please.
5: Cake and drinks for all at the end plus a few nice prizes on the raffle so please hang around if you can.

Thanks all.
Phil
Marc HartiganToday, 2:45pmHi Phil,

As this is my first race back I would like to do the junior course if possible?

Thanks
Phil behanToday, 2:59pmNo prob Marc, sorry just to clarify for those doing the short course, in advance I meant inform us at the sign in stage on the day. My mistake and thanks again.
Marc HartiganToday, 3:27pmSpot on - thanks
Mikey FryToday, 9:08pmJust a quick one phil need to get the race gear offf you for trooperstown so if you know anyone r are near south bray wickow direction give us a shout please??