Irish Mountain
Running Association

Dr. Aoibheann Gaughran R.I.P.

AuthorDateMessage
Miriam MaherDec 14 2021, 12:15pmWe received the incredibly sad news last night that one of our IMRA community, Aoibheann, had passed away.

Aoibheann, as any of us who had the pleasure of meeting her on the hillls and trails would know, was incredibly friendly and outgoing. She added to any gathering and was passionately interested in wildlife, especially badgers:). She was a gifted photographer and often shared her work as a behavioural ecologist on Facebook and Instagram, to all our benefits.

Gone far too soon at the age of 46. Anyone who met her, didn't forget her. Condolences to her partner, Simon, and her family and many friends at this very sad time. May her soul rest in peace.

Miriam
Colette MatthewsDec 14 2021, 12:24pmI had the pleasure of her company on the Run the Line route only a few weeks ago, such a wonderful woman, great laughs & such interesting conversations. Our race photos are actually lovely, it's the only time I've been able to say that. I didn't know her well but her passing is a dreadful shock. Gone far, far too soon. My sympathy to her partner, family & friends.
RIP Aoibheann
Brendan LawlorDec 14 2021, 1:07pmVery sad new coming just before Christmas. Condolences to her partner, family and friends. May Aoibheann Rest in Peace
Alice ClancyDec 14 2021, 5:40pmSincere Condolences to Aoibheann's partner, family and friends. She was such a lovely and interesting person, and so generous with her enthusiasm for and knowledge of wildlife and the outdoors. She will be missed.
Laura FlynnDec 14 2021, 6:04pmSincere sympathies to Aoibheann’s partner, her family and friends including her many IMRA friends and the Wednesday-night-runs gang with whom she had many happy adventures. Her passing is a sad and tragic loss for everyone whose lives she touched.
Shane LavelleDec 14 2021, 10:11pmDeeply saddened to hear of the untimely passing of Aoibheann, Thinking of her Partner, family and friends at this sad and difficult time. You will be sadly missed. RIP Aoibheann.