Irish Mountain
Running Association

Luggala

AuthorDateMessage
Eoin O'MalleySep 6 2021, 2:40pmWhen is entry opening for this?
Angela FlynnSep 10 2021, 1:51pmEntry is open now.
Updated the route map and description...to shorten the length of rough stuff / high heather. Same ascent/descent but shorter & steeper.
Don't forget to leave your brakes at home for the descent off Luggala /Fancy Mtn ;-)
John CrehanSep 12 2021, 6:31pmThis may be a silly question but never run an Imra race before so forgive me but it says major junctions marked would you say you would need navigational skills to run this race?
Mikey FrySep 12 2021, 6:49pmDon’t worryJohn volunteer of the year John bell will be marking the whole coarse :)
John BellSep 12 2021, 8:20pmThanks Mikey. Yes the route will be fully marked so no navigation needed. Knocknaclohogue and Luggala are two of my favourite hill to train on, so it is fantastic to have permission to race there.
The car park is the same as the recent MM Trail & Ultra, so plenty of parking and a nice coffee van for after.
John CrehanSep 12 2021, 8:39pmThanks John and Mikey for the responses. I'm going to try make it out if not I will see you at a future event.
Joseph BoyleSep 13 2021, 8:14amI was up there on Saturday and there was a full film crew setup in the front half of the car park.
Conor O'FarrellSep 13 2021, 9:16am@Joe, they are getting set up for "IMRA, The Movie!" ;-)
Pól Ó MurchúSep 13 2021, 9:20amMust have been getting ready for next weekends filming I’d say Joseph! Just trying to figure out where best to capture the mighty mountain runners. :-)
Karl BourneSep 13 2021, 9:54amHi folks. Is there a juniors route for this race? Many thanks, Karl
Brendan LawlorSep 13 2021, 10:54amSo what connects The Beatles and IMRA ?

Yes its the Luggala race !

Thanks to the redoubtable Angela Flynn and her trusty sidekick John Bell, and others we are all being offered the unique opportunity of a race starting in the world famous grounds of the Luggala estate. The previous owner Garech Browne was a very familiar face in some of the pubs in Roundwood, until his passing in 2018. He would indeed have been a fan of our traditional prize giving, had hill running been his thing. The current owner Italian financier Count Luca Rinaldo Contardo Padulli di Vighignolo has very kindly agreed to allow us access for our race. No doubt Angela used her very considerable persuasive charms to make it so.

This could be a once in a lifetime opportunity so get signed up, you won't be disappointed !

'I read the news today, oh boy...'
Conor O'FarrellSep 13 2021, 3:43pmWe still need a laptop operator for this race. If anyone would like to take it on, drop yourself in on the volunteers page and I can arrange a training session with you, most likely via Zoom.
John BellSep 14 2021, 10:36pmJust giving Conor's message a bump. We still need a laptop operator. If someone is willing to give it a go, Conor has offered to go through the setup tomorrow evening, via a zoom call, or if someone has experience but is running could you help on the morning with the initial setup?
Alistair HodgettSep 15 2021, 7:14amJohn, I'd be happy to setup the laptop and assist registration if I can still run.... Alistair
John BellSep 15 2021, 1:29pmHi Alistair, that would be a great help. I'll add you to the running volunteer list. Thanks
John BellSep 15 2021, 1:31pmNo junior course this time. Even one hill would involve over 300m climb and tough terrain.
Thomas BakerSep 15 2021, 3:49pmHi
This will be my first event, looking forward to it!
Do I need too buy a bib through the online shop?

Thanks a mil
Gordon PlaceSep 15 2021, 4:08pmHi Thomas, you'll get your first number and timing chip free at your first race, and only have to buy a replacement if you lose them. you just have to buy race entry
Graham K. BusheSep 15 2021, 4:12pmHi Thomas, welcome to IMRA. You can collect your running number (588) at the race. If chip timing is being used you can also collect your chip. You should keep these safely for the remainder of the year to use in any other race you wish to enter. If you lose either, you can then purchase replacements through the online shop.
Hope you enjoy Saturday.
graham
Paul SmythSep 15 2021, 4:18pmOne thing to be aware of for next year, is that you get a new number each year, but you reuse the same chip each year, unless you lose it and have to replace it.
Thomas BakerYesterday, 7:25amThanks all!
William Paul FenwickYesterday, 4:00pmHi, would anybody be kind enough to let me carpool with them from Dublin please? Happy to show you my proof of vaccination and meet where ever is convenient, will certainly be easier than cycling from north Dublin!

If possible can you please give me an email on w (dot) p (dot) fenwick (at) gmail (dot) com ?
Patrick MurrayYesterday, 6:55pmIs there any late enties available for Luggala?
Michael MaughanYesterday, 7:18pmAalso wondering about late entries
Ibar MurphyYesterday, 7:20pmMe too, I was trying to purchase for over an hour this afternoon but couldn't get the payment to work.
Mikey FryYesterday, 7:41pmAfraid not lads they don’t do late entries:(
Patrick MurrayYesterday, 8:11pmNo bother, thanks for the update Mikey.
Conor O'FarrellYesterday, 8:58pmI’ve reopened it until 11pm. If you don't see the entry linkninnthe event page, check "membership/shop/online entries" and you should see it in there.

Con
Ibar MurphyYesterday, 9:35pmYou're a gentleman Con. Thanks very much.
John BellYesterday, 10:42pmWe've changed the route slightly and updated the route description after a trial run with Mikey & Peter yesterday evening. Changes highlighted in CAPS.

Volunteers, I've sent an email with details for race day.
Alan AylingToday, 12:45amWas it too tough for Mikey & Peter? ;-)