Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Round 2021 New ladies record

AuthorDateMessage
Richard NunanJun 8 2021, 8:44amCongratulations to Ivana Kolaric on setting the new ladies record for the Wicklow Round in a time of 21:15:37 beating the previous record by 1hr 21 min.

Well done Ivana, such a great attitude, great start, great lines and kept a ferocious pace, on a mission all day in that heat !
Deirdre GalvinJun 8 2021, 11:18amSuper Ivana. Huge well done.
Linda O'ConnorJun 8 2021, 11:21amSavage running altogether. Well done Ivana.
Ciaran CrokeJun 8 2021, 11:31amCongratulations Ivana! Super run and very well executed!
Niamh KellyJun 8 2021, 12:36pmCongratulations Ivana supper running on a very warm day well done
John CostiganJun 8 2021, 2:47pmExcellent performance Elana!
Ivana KolaricJun 8 2021, 8:24pmThank you to everyone. I'm so overwhelmed with all those messages, you are all so kind. :)

It was the perfect day and my best run ever. Good weather played a big role especially during the night making navigation less of an issue so I was able to stay good on my planned lines. As the summits passed without issue I was able to keep the positivity up and stay focussed which made me push as hard as I could till the end. I need to admit it's a very nice feeling to break Korina's record especially after I didn't finished last year. :)

A big thank you to John Murray, Tom Roche and Frank McIntyre for keeping me in good spirit and full belly all day long.

Well done to all the other recent completions and the very best of luck to those lining up!

For anyone thinking about giving it a go...do it! The attempt day is just one small part of the experience. The months and months of recce's and planning are by far the most enjoyable running you'll get. It takes you to places you never frequent, improves your ability to survive in the hills alone and puts a smile on your face. I'd encourage more people, especially women to step up to the gate and enjoy the experience.

Thanks again everyone! :)
Maeve HegartyJun 8 2021, 9:19pmWell done, absolutely brilliant and very motivational!