Irish Mountain
Running Association

Will there be an Irish Championship?

AuthorDateMessage
Conor MurphyJun 3 2021, 11:08amFirst and foremost, thanks so much to all who put the calendar together, judging by the reaction online everyone is delighted.

I see 4 of the regular IC races on the calendar, Carrauntoohil, Lug, Mweelrea and Galtymore, but no reference to the IC itself. I was wondering if there will be an IC and if so is it best of 3?

Maybe the leagues are still being worked out, so I don't want to seem pushy or demanding. Quite the opposite, I'm a very meek and timid man who needs to get permission at home before even dreaming about things like a weekend in Mayo...
Laura FlynnJun 3 2021, 2:56pmThanks for the words of appreciation Conor and for raising this question.
We plan to have a Leinster Champs, Munster Champs and Connacht Champs this year and we're currently finalising the details.
Given the limitations we are operating under, we wont be having an Irish Champs or any of our usual leagues this year.
Hopefully you'll manage to get to some of them.
Conor MurphyJun 3 2021, 11:11pmThanks for that Laura.

Will get to as many as possible in Cork and Kerry anyway. After that it all depends on jobs around the house/charm/garage flowers etc...the usual ploys to win brownie points...