Irish Mountain
Running Association

Almost there !

AuthorDateMessage
Richard NunanApr 30 2021, 7:56pmHi Folks,

While we are waiting for further details on when larger outdoor gatherings can take place so we can finalise and publish this year’s calendar we just wanted to inform you of a few things.

Wicklow Round: Now that gatherings for outdoor events of 15 people is allowed and that inter-county travelling is permitted we will be recording Wicklow round attempts after the 10th of May. Trackers will be available from myself and as usual you will be expected to record your splits manually and submit your splits post attempt.

Virtual Race director Training: we are organising a virtual Race Director refresher at 7:30 on the 19th of May. If you are interested in attending and signing up to take charge for one of our races this Summer please email alice.clancy@imra.ie

We will also be organising First Aid training so keep an eye out for details ( or if you feel you might be interested please email Alan.ayling@imra.ie).

As always, if you would like to sign up as a Race Director and
would like a bit of additional support we can arrange a deputy RD and committee members as always available to answer questions and/or help out

Great to see lots of people back out in the hills again!

Enjoy the Bank Holidays weekend !
Barry WalshMay 31 2021, 4:59pmHi all,

With the summer arriving and tentative plans being made is there any shape on a possible calendar of events, if any, for this season?

Aware that organisations such as Cycling Ireland are restarting open racing in the coming weeks I was hoping we might get back on to the trails in a safe and controlled manner if possible.

The weather would have you dreaming!
Laura FlynnMay 31 2021, 5:27pmYou can expect a message to be posted very soon Barry with a June 16th start date, we’re just putting a few final bits together so you be be assured there’s plenty of work being done by committee in the background.
Barry WalshMay 31 2021, 7:55pmFantastic, so glad to hear it. Wasn’t for a minute doubting the committee by the way! Last years events in the middle of a restricted summer were run so well and IMO risk free compared to some sports I just hoped we would be back soon!