Irish Mountain
Running Association

Kerry Way Ultra

AuthorDateMessage
Robbie WilliamsSep 5 2020, 2:49pmGreat running was done by IMRA athletes in Kerry in the last 24 hours...

The men’s ultra was:
1 Gavin Byrne
2 Keith Lane
3 Brian Buckley & Remi Delille

Ladies was smashed by
1. Aoife Mundow in 25:29 !!!!!
2. Sarah Enright
3. Awaiting results

It was perfect weather and a great clear night with a full moon ...

Serious undertaking by the ultra lads,.. fierce respect to their resilience.

In the Ultra Nite (95km) Joe o Leary was 2nd man
Andrew HowardSep 5 2020, 3:02pmFantastic efforts there, hats off to all who did it.

Interesting to see that event went ahead, despite restrictions. Surely the route passes through private land as well as state land where permits would have been issued?
Robert CostelloSep 5 2020, 7:13pmWell done to all. Fantastic running.
Conor MurphySep 6 2020, 10:02amIt's really becoming a big event.

I remember being at the Sneem, Templenoe and Kenmare stops 5 years ago and it was 2 men and a dog stuff. To turn into Templenoe car park last Saturday morning at 2 am and see 30 plus cars and dozens of crew...you really gotta hand it to the organisers...
Barry WalshSep 7 2020, 10:14amHats (wooly and trucker) off to everyone who completed this in ant of its incarnations. Was in and around Killarney on Saturday and saw various finishers in various states, all having left it out there overnight. Looked like a great atmosphere at the finish (although fairly contrary to the loneliness of the Kerry way finishing next to a traffic jam!). Perfect conditions and given Saturday night/Sunday downpours in the reeks even more satisfying!

What an event.
Raymond CumminsSep 7 2020, 12:00pmThere were a few more of us there too. :-)

It was an incredible event. The volunteers were great and our crews played a huge part in it.

It was great to see so many people there. The weather played a huge part. I felt sorry for the likes of Adolfo who was finishing in the dark and when it started to rain too.
Owen FentonSep 9 2020, 4:12pmIt was a great race and replaced TDS for me:) loved seeing some familiar faces along the route.
Barry MurraySep 10 2020, 4:34pmA brilliant event. So good to see the large IMRA contingent both racing and supporting ! The more support independent events like this get from us the better, especially during these times.