Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Round Radio Documentary

AuthorDateMessage
Ciarán RyanMar 16 2020, 11:51amAdmins - I hope it is ok to post this here. If not, please remove.

Hi all,
I've been planning the production of a radio documentary on the Wicklow Round over the past year or so, and have been in contact with a number of people about participating, from those who were involved in establishing the Round to those who have attempted and/or completed it to record holders. I've managed to get some interviews recorded, while the rest will be put on hold until the current Covid-19 crisis dissipates (whenever that may be), as it would be irresponsible of me to put participants at risk.

This may not be an opportune time, as I'm sure everyone here has a degree of uncertainty as to what their running calendars are going to be like for the rest of the year, but another part of the documentary would be to record the experiences of runners attempting the Wicklow Round in Spring/Summer 2020. The way things are going at the moment, this may very well not be the case... it could end up being a winter round attempt, or even pushing into 2021. Why I am posting now is that I am asking if anyone considering/planning a round attempt would be willing to participate in this documentary, whenever that might be.

Ideally, I am looking for a female and male runner. I don't expect anyone to reveal here their plans, but please feel free to email me at cryanproductions@gmail.com if you'd like to talk to me more about. I will treat any contact confidentially! I can give any general clarifications here.

Hope all the above makes sense, and thank you very much to all IMRA members that I have contacted so far who have been very accommodating with their time and expertise to date.
Ciarán RyanApr 13 2021, 2:41pmGood afternoon - I hope it is ok to post here again on this thread.

As per above message, I planned on making a radio documentary on the Wicklow Round in 2020. Some interviews got recorded but the project got put back when the pandemic kicked off. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I am recommencing production of this in the coming months, with the plan to complete the documentary and air it on Newstalk in 2021.

Why I am posting again is that I've had some contact with a few male runners hoping to attempt the Round this year. I am hoping to perhaps also make some contact with any female runners who might be eyeing it up. As per previous message, I am posting now is that I am asking if anyone considering/planning a round attempt would be willing to participate in this documentary, whenever that might be.

Ideally, I am looking for a female and male runner. I don't expect anyone to reveal here their plans on the forum just now, but please feel free to email me at cryanproductions@gmail.com if you'd like to chat more about it.

Thank you,
Ciarán
Ciarán RyanApr 19 2021, 9:57amThanks to all of you who got in touch since my last message.

It looks like there are a number of people who will be attempting rounds in the coming months, and I hope to capture some of them! At the moment it looks like I've more than enough potential contributors lined up.

Thanks again everyone.
Ciarán