Irish Mountain
Running Association

Child Protection Training Workshop

AuthorDateMessage
Miriam MaherFeb 7 2020, 12:37pmAAI CHILD PROTECTION WORKSHOP - PARTICIPANTS INVIITED!

Last year Jeff Fitzsimons did great work in organising child protection training which a number of us attended. We were all garda vetted as well. This enabled us to put in place a very important layer of support for the area of Juniors development within IMRA.

Building on Jeff's work in this area, we have organised another 'Safeguarding 1 - Basic Awareness in Child Protection course' to be held on April 6th, 2020. The course will be facilitated by Kieron Stout, National Children’s Officer & HR Manager, Athletics Ireland.

The costs for this course will be paid for by IMRA. All participants should be over 18. The course is three hours in duration, between 6.30pm and 9.30pm with a break for tea/coffee at 8.00pm.

We are currently organising a venue. If anyone has access to a club meeting room or similar venue, please contact me! The course is accredited by Sport Ireland and a certification of attendance is issued to all which is valid for four years.

Following the course, all participants will be asked to complete the appropriate garda vetting forms.

If any of you are already garda vetted (it must be for athletics, it’s not transferrable from another sporting discipline) we’d be very interested in hearing from you anyway. Your support would be welcomed in this area.

We are especially interested in having the IMRA seniors that are available to accompany IMRA juniors on meet and runs (more about that soon) attend this course if possible.

If you are interested in taking part in this course, please add your name to this post. Any queries, email me – miriam.maher@imra.ie

Many thanks

Miriam
Miriam MaherMar 10 2020, 10:45amJust bumping this.

Thanks to those that have signed up already for this. We could do with a few more. The juniors area is getting more and active, the next junior development workshop for e.g. is now at capacity.

While we already have a number of IMRA members who are garda vetted / recipients of child safeguarding training already - we need to get a few more in place.

The workshop will be held at Cashel Business Center, Cashel Road, Dublin 12 on Monday, April 6th - 6.30 pm to 9.30 pm

Email me with any queries to: miriam.maher@imra.ie

Thanks

Miriam