Irish Mountain
Running Association

Oughaval Woods

AuthorDateMessage
Paul KellyJan 17 2020, 2:36pmHi All,

With Oughval only a month away I'm putting a call out for some volunteers. At present it's only myself as RD so I'll need some core volunteers (laptop/first aid etc) and hopefully another 3 volunteers too if possible.

Thanks in advance

Paul
Paul KellyJan 30 2020, 1:18pmHi All,

Just bumping this to see if I can muster up a few helpers.

Paul
Sarah SreenanFeb 7 2020, 10:26amHi Paul
Just wondering if there will be a junior race and if so what distance will it be?
Thanks
Sarah
Paul KellyFeb 7 2020, 11:25amHi Sarah,

Yes, there will be a junior race on the day. It'll be approx just over 4km. Have a look here for the junior course route.
www.plotaroute.com/route/1023655

Paul
Sarah SreenanFeb 7 2020, 12:40pmThanks Paul
Paul KellyFeb 10 2020, 12:07pmHi Folks,

With the race on this Sunday I'm hoping I can get one or two more helpers if possible. I especially need a first aider, as with out one the race can't go ahead, along with one or two more helpers.

Thanks in advance

Paul
Shane O'ReillyFeb 13 2020, 4:39pmHi Paul,
I have put myself down as a volunteer. With only 7 races in the league and 5 to score, I would ideally like to run this. Is a running volunteer of help to you at this stage?
Paul KellyFeb 13 2020, 6:43pmHi Shane,

If you would like to be a running volunteer you are more than welcome, as there are always some pre race tasks that need to be done.

Paul
Eoghan WhelanFeb 14 2020, 10:16pmHi all,

I can’t seem to figure out of to enter this race using the same entry as the postponed Bansha woods event.
Paul KellyFeb 15 2020, 11:52amHi Eoghan,

I believe that your entry is valid for the rescheduled date for Basha woods but if you can't make that date then something might be able to be done. Leave it with me and I'll ask for you and get back as soon as I know more.

Paul
Paul KellyFeb 15 2020, 12:23pmHi Eoghan,

A member of the committee just came back to me and said you are good to go if you want to transfer and run in Oughaval tomorrow. Just make yourself known to us at registration and we'll sort it out.

Regards

Paul
Eoghan WhelanFeb 15 2020, 1:46pmThanks Paul,

That’s great, see you Sunday.
Paul KellyFeb 15 2020, 2:15pmNot a bother Eoghan. See you in the morning.

Paul
Paul KellyFeb 15 2020, 2:32pmHi all,

Don't forget registration for Oughaval woods closes this evening at 6pm. After that its race vouchers only. Also don't forget to bring your own cups for Tea/Coffee afterwards.

Race reg is from 9.45 to 10.45 and race start at 11. Prize giving and some nibbles will be at the finish so hopefully the weather gods play ball.

See you all in the morning

Paul
Conor O'FarrellFeb 16 2020, 5:16pmGreat event today, with little or no impact from the weather. Thanks to Paul and his crew for a great event.

Results are now up, please send any queries to results@imra.ie.

Thanks
Con
Alan AylingFeb 16 2020, 6:49pmAgreed. Great event, super route, well marked, lovely place to run.
Thanks Paul & crew and Tom Lupton for the great job marking.
Mike LongFeb 16 2020, 7:28pmI also agree Great and interesting use of the area Well done all
Niamh KellyFeb 17 2020, 10:19amWell done Paul on a great race and a thank you to all the volunteers who helped out yesterday .we got a nice break in the weather but it was bitter cold. I for one was very glad of the hot coffee.

Well done to all our runners and hope to see you all at the next one in two weeks time at Tory hill

Niamh
Sarah SreenanFeb 17 2020, 4:37pmLovely race! Thanks to all the organisers and volunteers.
Conor O'FarrellFeb 18 2020, 9:52amHi All

If anyone took the wrong route on Sunday, it is IMRA etiquette to declare yourself as a DNF. I followed a group of 10 or 15 people (yes, fatal mistake of following the person in front and not looking for the markers) who missed a turn, cutting off 200 metres or so of the course. It's no big deal as it was a great event and we all had fun, but it's unfair on those who completed the full correct course.

Please email me if you wish to declare yourself as a DNF: results@imra.ie

Thanks
Conor