- Wednesday 20 October, 2010
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 3 (1,1,1) - Easy Terrain, <200M ascent, <6Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Race will be held on a lap of 1600m and 39m climb per lap (see Maps link above).
All races start at a white painted bench on the road leading down into the Furry Glen from the Chapelizod side. The route goes downhill and joins the lap after 70 metres. It continues down to the lake and up the steps on the west side of the lake. It goes along the forest overlooking the lake before turning right to drop into the glen. Turn left at a t-junction and run alongside a small stream. Turn right up a steep climb to the top of an entrance path. Turn right downhill and left at the earlier t-junction and run along the east side of the lake. Turn left up the steps at the south end of the lake. Turn right at the top until you reach the end of an open area where you descend into the trees before taking a quick right turn to finish the lap.
- Getting There:
- Parking and race start and finish is at Chapelizod end of the Furry Glen in the Phoenix Park.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Location: Furry Glen, Phoenix Park
Junior Girls : 1740m (1 lap) Junior boys & Intermediates & Senior girls : 3340m (2 laps) Senior boys : 4940m (3 laps)
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize