Cush - Galtees
- Cush in the Galtees
- Sunday 13 August, 2023
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,3,1) - Moderate Terrain, >500M ascent, <6Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- Yes. Race vouchers may be used to enter this event on the day.
- Route Description:
- Starting with rocky trail till you reach the style, then onto open mountain to the top of Cush where you meet the summit Marshall, then turn around and back the way you came to finish.
Route map for IMRA Munster Cush by Robert Cunningham on plotaroute.com
**Junior race starts at 12.15pm also**
NEW PARKING AND REGISTRATIONField on the left before you turn up the road to Glencush. 4.5k race to the top of Cush and back down. 400m climb. Mandatory Kit Requirement:
The following items must be brought to registration by all athletes:
- Windproof Jacket
- Face Mask/Buff
The race director will decide on the day what kit must be carried.Runners failing to carry the mandatory kit as defined by the race director on race day for the duration of the race will be disqualified.
Under IMRA rules for competitor's safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2021!
All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:
- Login to your myimra" account on www.imra.ie. If you don't have an account"
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize