College Champs(Trooperstown Hill)
- Long loop over unnamed "Boots" mountain and Trooperstown Hill itself
- Saturday 19 February, 2022
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (3,2,2) - Difficult Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
Race route - starting at the usual spot, just beyond the barrier. Up the fire road route, then as per the course map. On the way back, we won't be using the fire road route we went up, we'll use the summer descent route, which finishes down that cool single track with the right turn onto the finish straight. All will be marked, couple of marshals on course too. Avg Ascent/Descent Grade: 7.1%/-7.4% (be warned that descent off Trooperstown Hill has a -27% descent grade, and the final descent through the tress has a -24% descent grade). If the numbers don't mean much to you, the -27% basically means a very steep descent. However, dont let the descents / steepness put you off. There is always the option to walk down the steep bits. Short course/junior route - as main race, but turn R up the steep climb to the top of Trooperstown Hill, then back from there exactly as the main race.
Early Start: There will be an early start for runners averaging over 160% of the winning time at 10:30am
Take the M50 Southbound, get off at the Roundwood exit (Kilmacanogue) and follow the signs towards Laragh, drive through Annamoe and follow the bend left. 1.5km further down (keep the River Inchavore on your left), you'll see a brown sign saying "Trooperstown", turn in here and follow the minor road to the car park at the river before the stone bridge. Grid ref for parking: T 158 969. CARPOOL: PLEASE carpool from Roundwood, there is on-road parking as you enter the village and some at the prize-giving location (Kavanagh's Roundwood). WARNING: Single occupancy cars may have to be directed to park in Laragh and jog to the registration / start (1.6km). Please follow Marshalls' directions at all times.
No face covering = no result. A mask or a buff will doMANDATORY SHOWERPROOF JACKET MUST BE CARRIED/WORN DURING ALL IMRA EVENTS
No jacket = no result. Bring the mandatory jacket and have it crossing the finish line.THERE IS NO SELF-TIMING AT IMRA EVENTS
You should start the race at the specified gun-times, or choose a distance that suits your ability.
Please car pool as much as possible from Roundwood. And co-operate with the nice parking marshals :-) We will have to close registration in time for the laptop crew to set up at the start. So the registration queue will close at 10:45 sharp. Anyone not in the queue by that stage will not be allowed enter the race. So please turn up in good time! It's likely to be muddy and slippy up on the hill, so grippy shoes are recommended, flats will definitely put you at a disadvantage. And please keep in mind this race takes in more exposed open hillside than most of the other winter league races, so come prepared - windproof/waterproof top (mandatory), hat, gloves (recommended).As we enter a new year, below is some useful information for the Winter/Spring League, and also for the rest of 2020.
- As this is one of the forst races of the year, registration will be very busy handing out new numbers and assigning timing-chips.
- Please arrive early,registration will close at 10:45
- Please sign-in first, then collect your number, then proceed to the laptop desk to get your chip registered and scanned.
- If you have a chip from previous years, please bring it with you for reprogramming
- If you do not have a chip, one will be provided to you free of charge
- Your chip will and number will be yours for the entire 2020 race year. Please retain both for the year, they are your responsibility. Replacement number or chips will be charged at €5 (one punch from voucher card or can be purchased online.
- It is mandatory to carry or wear a windproof/waterproof jacket at all IMRA races. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from the race.
- Please make your number clearly visible on the front of your chest. Do not wear it on your shorts, as it cannot be seen easily by the spotters.
- If you must use a race belt for your number, please ensure that it is facing frontwards when crossing the line.
- Fix your timing chip on your shoe laces. Anywhere else and it will not register on the timing mat. Cable ties will be provided at the chip-desk.
- If you cannot finish the race for any reason, please let a volunteer know. Otherwise we could be out on the mountain for a while looking for you.
- The RD can be contacted using the emergency phone number on the rear of your race number.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize