British & Irish Junior Championships
- Saturday 4 September, 2021
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 6 (2,2,2) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, 6Km - 10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
The route follows a Clockwise circular route up the left hand side of the valley, before turning right and a short sharp climb to the summit of Slieve Meelbeg in the Mournes, meaning Little Bald Mountain – ironic as the ‘little one’ is a few metres taller than the big one!
U17 & U20 Course – 4km 393m ascent
– as you will see in the link, the course doesn’t climb Meelmore, but rather heads up the valley to the Col, before summiting Meelbeg and then running down the ridge to the finish.
Course map link.
- Getting There:
The B&I Championships take place in Northern Ireland this year on the 4th of September based in the Mournes.
- Organisers Instructions:
Athletes race in either the U17 or U20 categories.
- under 20 (born 2002-2004)
- under 17 (born 2005-2006)
Teams: 4 to run, 3 to score
Mandatory Kit: Waterproof jacket and pants
- Prizegiving Location:
Saturday 4th September @14:30 at the accommodation