Ballybraid ACW Loop
- Sunday 25 July, 2021
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 8 (2,3,3) - Moderate Terrain, >500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route not marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster Championship
- Entry opens:
- 2021-07-19 18:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2021-07-23 18:00:00
- Entry limit:
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- Free Route Choice between the start of mountain section (After passing quarry), the 3 Peaks and finish.
- Getting There:
- Race starts at road end 1km SE of Glenmalure Lodge / Drumgoff Crossroads. Start GR. T 114 902 - There is parking at Ballinacor Community Park (T 121 898) which is 1km further SE of the starting point or (Subject to confirmation) at field close to the Glenmalure Lodge
- Organisers Instructions:
- The new anticlockwise 2021 race route route starts at the bottom of a local access road (At GR T 114 902) which is 1km SE of Glenmalure pub crossroads. You follow the road up for 1km until you pass a pedestrian swing gate just after a quarry. From here there is a free route choice to Carriglineen summit and then onto
Kirikee and Mullacor Mountains and then back to the finish at the Wicklow Way / Forest entrance barrier just before the Glenmalure Lodge crossroads.
East West Map for Lugnaquilla and Glendalough is best used for this event.
All competitors, and particularly those who have not competed this year already, should READ the NEW REGISTRATION GUIDELINES.
We are NO longer accepting MONEY at races.
REGISTER ON-LINE for the event and for the year if this is your first race this year.
Registration will close at 6PM the evening before the race.
On race morning you will be directed either to the 'Registered on-line' table to SIGN IN.
If this is your first race this year, you will collect your number which you KEEP for the year. Please bring confirmation of number and registration.
If you have already run this year you will or should have your number with you. Its quite a headache for the organisers if you forget your number so PLEASE bring it.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize