Circuit of Glenmacnass
- Sunday 11 July, 2021
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 10 (Extreme) - Extreme, >1,000M ascent or > 30Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route not marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Leinster Championship
- Entry opens:
- 2021-07-05 18:00:00
- Entry closes:
- 2021-07-09 18:00:00
- Entry limit:
- Entry cost:
- €7 for seniors, €5 for over 65s and under 18s
- Vouchers Allowed:
- Yes. Race vouchers may be used to enter this event on the day.
- Organisers Instructions:
- Race starts 1km north of Laragh on Military Road where Wicklow Way crosses road. Gr. T 140975 Please note, there is limited parking at the race start so please park in Laragh village and jog/walk up to the start as your warm up please!! Registration will be in Lynams car park.
This race at 19 km long and over some open mountain terrain should not be taken lightly. Appropriate clothing should be carried (see mandatory kit list below). The route is not marked. Runners must report to the official at the half-way stage, Glenmacnass waterfall car park, where it is possible to retire if necessary. There will be water available at this point & some food (jelly sweets).
In order to enter this race you need to fulfil one of the following criteria: a) Have completed a full recce of the route b) Have previously competed in this race c) Be a proven competent navigator d) Run with a buddy who fulfils one of the above criteria. This needs to be agreed with the other person and you must stick together.
Mandatory Kit Requirement:
The following items must be carried by fall runners for the full duration of the course regardless of the weather conditions:
- Rainproof Jacket - Map - Compass - Whistle - Hat/Cap - Gloves - Bumbag with water,biscuits/jellies
Any runner failing to meet the above criteria for entry or failing to carry mandatory kit will be refused entry.
- Prizegiving Location:
- Lynhams of Laragh, Laragh
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize