- Saturday 24 October, 2020
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 7 (2,2,3) - Moderate Terrain, 200M - 500M ascent, >10Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- The route is clockwise, i.e. up via the open mountain and down via the trail as per the 'Maps' tab. The junior course is out and back and follow the main route and turns around after c.3k at 'Elbow', where a marshal will be placed.
- Getting There:
- From Dublin take the M50/N11 to Kilmacanogue. head to Roundwood and continue straight ahead to Laragh. Please car pool as much as possible, e.g. from Pluck’s in Kilmacanogue as car parking will be limited.
PARKING WILL BE IN A FIELD ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE ROAD APPROX 50 metres AFTER the Brockagh Resource Centre if you are travelling via Laragh. CHARGE IS 2 EUR PER CAR.
REGISTRATION will be open from 18.00 and close at 19.10 sharp to allow all runners and laptop operator to get to the start line.
If you don't have a race voucher you need to pay and register for the race online by 6pm Tuesday.
Start and finish of the race will be at the forest barrier at the forest car park as per the map, 5-10 minutes walk from THE FIELD.
Please DO NOT PARK at Lynham's, the Brockagh Ressource Centre or at the start line!
- Organisers Instructions:
All competitors, and particularly those who have not competed this year already, should READ the NEW REGISTRATION GUIDELINES.
We are NO longer accepting MONEY at races.
Kit requirements: Jacket & Official IMRA race number
Under IMRA rules for competitors safety, it is mandatory to bring and carry a jacket that is shower and wind proof for the entire race. Any competitor seen not carrying or wearing their jacket at any stage in the race will be disqualified. There are no exceptions to this rule!
Bring midge repellent.
NOTE National Parks Limit in place for this race We are limited to 200 runners tonight so please come early and don't be too disappointed if you get turned away.
The race is predominantly on exposed open mountain - Be prepared to dress accordingly in case of inclement weather.
- Prizegiving Location:
- By the finish area.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize