Race Marking Training
- Race Director Training
- Wednesday 8 May, 2019
- Climb (m):
- Distance (km):
- Event Difficulty:
- 3 (1,1,1) - Easy Terrain, <200M ascent, <6Km
- Race Marking:
- - Route fully marked
- GPS Allowed:
- Entry details:
- No entry details have been entered for this event yet. Entries for league events usually open a couple of weeks before the event
- Vouchers Allowed:
- No. Online entry only for this race.
- Route Description:
- A loop with examples of the usual types of junctions and how to mark them following the current guidelines - this boils down to Follow The Tape. No tape off route. Only tape where runners will be going. Only tape junctions. Use Arrows and/or Marshalls at tricky spots.
- Getting There:
- Organisers Instructions:
- Race Marking Training at the Charity Relay evening. A quick chat about the how to and then we mark a loop within the relay loop. Follow The Tape :) Design the course to minimise tricky junctions, consider junior course with RD.
You need to have done 2 non-running volunteer roles in a calendar year to qualify for end of year prize
Check with race director if they have a need for people volunteering and running. Race directors need a minimum number of people available throughout the race to make the race work so non-running volunteers are preferable. While it can be helpful, volunteering in a volunteer and race capacity does not count towards qualifying for end of year prize