Irish Mountain
Running Association

Stone Cross to Lug - Solo

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Lillian DeeganJul 27 2024, 8:06pmI’m popping this one up again, last week’s one got lost.

We are working on the prep for this race. Basic things to know are:

1. Seehan Forest barrier for the 8am start line - Have all your mandatory kit and be ready to race hard.  We’ll stick a tracker on you and let you away off.
2. Sally Gap crossroads - How to get there cross country in the fastest time without adding mileage to your run to meet the cut off.
3. Wicklow Gap car park - How to reach there in jig time again without adding mileage to your run to meet the cut off.
4. Fenton’s Glen of Imaal - The last leg, get there as fast as you can without adding mileage to meet the end of race hot food and race route choice reviewing chats.

For this year, there is no need to send through nav pre-entry emails.  We are doing this one like the Glaciers.  Only hardy nuts will seek this one out to get in. 

Entry will be €25.  We will have a t-shirt for everyone.  More on this as soon as I have it ready to share. 

For those new to Stone Cross - I’ve added a little more information on the Relay page;

https://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/6872
Andy KeelingJul 29 2024, 11:12amI'm going to pencil in a nav recce of leg two (Sally gap to Wicklow gap) for Sunday 1st of September. It's open to everyone to join in and we'll adjust the pace to suit the group. If you're interested in joining give me a text on 0 ate tree ate 9 too won six 5 ate nice and early so we can make a plan. We can get a WhatsApp group going from there. Cheers
Lillian DeeganSep 10 2024, 11:03amMorning all,

Entries for this one close at 18h on Friday. Also on looking for race day help.
Joan FlanaganSep 14 2024, 5:24pmHi, Could I be added to the WhatsApp group please? Thanks
Lillian DeeganSep 17 2024, 11:59amStill seeking help for Saturday folks. No first aider, no race.
Richard FoxSep 17 2024, 5:41pmLillian I’m down to run leg 2 for my team. I’m happy to do First Aid if there’s someone else chomping at the bit to do Leg 2. Absolutely no worries as I’ve done a couple of partial recces in wonderful weather and still got lost so I’m happy out. So any potential Leg 2 bods out there get ure name down NOW. What a drag if event couldn’t be held for lack of a First Aider.
Cheers
foxy
Gerry McGuinnessSep 18 2024, 12:05pmUnfortunately I can do First Aider but could take leg 2 if a First Aider can't be got.
Lillian I know the race entries are closed but if it helps let me know as I'll need to arrange with anyone leg 2 runner a car pool.

PS , Foxy, hope a First Aider turns up so u don't miss out
Regards Gerry
Lillian DeeganSep 18 2024, 12:24pmHey Gerry,
Thanks for the double offer. Everything got sorted 1st thing this morning. Foxy and Mick H. have hopped in as FAOs to save the day. Massive thanks to the lads here. Solid IMRA go to chaps when all else fails.

Plus, Foxy’s Leg 2 slot has a runner dropping from the Solo all fixed up now too.

Runners: I’ll be in touch later today with odd race day jazz all going well.

Lillian
Gerry McGuinnessSep 18 2024, 12:54pmGlad all got sorted, have a great day for one of the best races on the calendar.
Lillian DeeganYesterday, 10:20amMorning all,

Back with a few odd bits ahead of Saturday.

•Sign-in at the barrier will run from 7:15 to 7:45 sharp. •Race will kick off bang on 8am.
•Mandatory kit clothing will be confirmed at sign-in.
•Trackers will be fitted to your backpack.
•Remember to pack water and food. We will have water for refills at the two Caps. Have your own cup/bottle.
•Everyone wears their IMRA race No.
•Drop bags - you can pack disposable (non returnable) small, tied and clearly labelled (name and/or runner No.) These drop bags will go to CP1 and CP2 and to the bin once used. A dry bag can be sent to the finish line. Again they need to be tied and clearly labelled.

At each CP can I ask you to let our helpers know your IMRA race No. as you come in. Our volunteers at both gaps will be keeping a manual time just in case of any device issues.

Andy and Emma at Fenton’s will have hot food cooked fresh as you land. Mick H. will be tracking folk and keeping the bar in the loop.

And that is it for the mo. Let me know if I’ve missed anything. See you Saturday morning in your best ever go fast legs.

Lillian
Lillian DeeganYesterday, 10:30amTracker link - https://live.primaltracking.com/stonecross24