Irish Mountain
Running Association

Djouce Remembrance Race

AuthorDateMessage
Brendan LawlorNov 28 2022, 4:03pmHi

I'm looking for a laptop operator and race marker for the Djouce Remembrance Race on Dec 27th.

Also if you are aware of any past IMRA member who might have died this year , please get in contact so we can remember them on the day
Brendan LawlorDec 8 2022, 1:50pmHi, I'm still looking for a laptop operator and a few non running volunteers for this race please
Jim FitzharrisDec 10 2022, 2:39pmHi Brendan,
I have put my name down as a volunteer.
My preference would be to marshal - preferably at the far end of the course somewhere to work off the Xmas flab!
That said, I am happy to help in any way you wish.
Cheers,
Jim.
Brendan LawlorDec 12 2022, 8:26amCombining several traditions (Bray Head Christmas Flash and the Djouce Djoggers' Djouce Djog), this race has been nominated to remember those IMRA members who have sadly passed away. Overall the intended spirit is for some fun to celebrate the lives of those hillrunners who are no longer with us. Fancy Dress is encouraged! We do our best to remember all those who have passed but if you have a deceased loved one that took part in IMRA races that we're not aware of please email blawlor7 (at) gmail.com. We'll do our best to include any details we have (name, dates active, profile or any other information you can give us).

If you have a 2022 IMRA race number you can pre-register in the MEMBERSHIP / SHOP / ONLINE ENTRIES part of imra.ie, once online entries open. If you don't have a 2022 IMRA race number you should get one by going to the MEMBERSHIP / SHOP / ONLINE ENTRIES part of imra.ie More details for 2022 edition will be posted here in due course.

NOTE RACE VOUCHERS CAN BE USED AT THIS RACE,
Brendan LawlorDec 12 2022, 8:34amThanks Jim, I'll organise a marshal job for you
James HeggieDec 13 2022, 10:04pmHi Brendan can we collect end of year gift on the 27th I couldn’t make it to Powerscourt Ridge unfortunately ?
Thank you James
Brendan LawlorDec 14 2022, 8:23amHi James

I don't have the end of season prizes.. perhaps someone from the committee who is planning to come along on the 27th could bring a few in the various sizes ?
Eva FairmanerDec 15 2022, 9:03amI too like James didn't make it to Powerscourt Ridge so if it is not inconvenient I would love to collect my end of year gift too. I would like to run the race but am happy to any other job Brendan i.e. take in markers or whatever is helpful.
Lillian DeeganDec 15 2022, 9:20amMorning all,

The last of the ‘22 RD hoodies for collection and the EoY 10 races & 2 helps item will be at this race.

Race entry details have been updated - the shop will open at 6 this eve. and close on Dec. 23rd at 6pm. Punch race entry vouchers will be accepted on race morning.
Brendan LawlorDec 19 2022, 9:49amOur Remembrance Run this year will particularly remember Thomas Bubendorfer , one of our members who died suddenly and tragically in September this year.

His friend David Power posted this tribute to him earlier this year :

'Sad news that avid runner Thomas Bubendorfer died suddenly, while hit by a car last week. He was running at the time, away in Spain. So sad for his wife, children & friends. He may be known to many of you - having lived in Kerry for years and then moving to Bray. He was an enthusiastic runner who completed many challenges, including ultra and 24 hour races. He did a few IMRA races and did Ecotrail Wicklow. He was known to Shanganagh Parkun as a regular. I knew Thomas through work at Microsoft and will miss his vigorous opinions and energy.
https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/irish-runner-dies-following-road-collision-while-running-in-spain-41981706.html
https://www.imra.ie/runners/details/id/7917/'

May he Rest in Peace

We will also remember other IMRA members who are sadly no longer with us any more.

Please note that Race Vouchers are very scarce now so if you don't have any please sign up online for this race before Friday 23rd Dec when online entry closes.

I will take a few more volunteers, running or non running
Brendan LawlorDec 21 2022, 8:31amI am ok for volunteers for this race now.. remember online sign up closes this coming Friday 23rd Dec so don't leave it too late if you plan to come along
Brendan LawlorDec 23 2022, 11:12amFINAL REMINDER

Entry for the Djouce Remembrance Run closes at 6pm today

Happy Christmas everyone!
sharon moorhouseDec 23 2022, 4:09pmHey! Just before I sign up I was wondering if it’s alright if a non member runs? My sister is home from
Australia and was hoping to join and run but she leaves the next day!
Brendan LawlorDec 23 2022, 4:28pmHi Sharon, there should be an option for your sister to sign up with IMRA at a reduced fee. We can only allow registered members to be part of the race for insurance reasons.

I check the route ( old route, with lap of the dry lake) today and it’s wet and mucky out there, with plenty of obstacles to climb over and under.. you’ll all love it !!
Anne LyonsDec 26 2022, 8:05pmWhat car park do we go to ,I cannot remember thanks
Brendan LawlorDec 26 2022, 8:48pmComing from Enniskerry , it’s the first car park on the Old Long Hill road on the right hand side
Anne LyonsDec 26 2022, 9:32pmThanks that’s great
Jarlath HynesDec 27 2022, 1:41pmThanks to all involved in organising this - a very enjoyable run to close off the IMRA year.

I look forward to seeing you all again in 2023.
Brendan LawlorDec 27 2022, 2:02pmThank you to all the volunteers who helped out at todays race.

The damp conditions made it all a bit challenging but everyone got round in more or less one piece. The results will follow in a few days and please email results@imra.ie if you see any errors once they are posted.

Happy new year to you all and see you in 2023!
Alan KennedyDec 27 2022, 3:18pmMany thanks to the organisers and volunteers for today. It was my first IMRA event and there was a great buzz despite the initial drizzle. Registration was very smooth and all were very helpful. Looking forward to the next event. Regards Alan.
And great to see my fellow runners from Wicklow Wolf Running Club.
James H CahillDec 27 2022, 4:23pmThank you Brendan and all the volunteers for a great excursion and morning out around Djouce woods. Topped off by hanging around outside the pub at 11.30 like inveterate thirsty alcoholics, but the pub came up trumps in the end with delicious grub, courtesy of IMRA. Thanks all.
Miriam MaherDec 27 2022, 4:38pmThanks Brendan very much and all the volunteers for putting on a great remembrance run! Muck, muck, and more muck, knee deep river crossings and mossy misty forest trails, fabulous stuff. Roll on 2023 now.
Dave DochertyDec 27 2022, 9:53pmThanks to Brendan and crew. Great to see everybody out today. Ollie had great craic on the race and preforming as deputy raffle master. Have a happy new year everybody.
Richard FoxDec 28 2022, 6:38amThanks a mil to Brendan and volunteers for putting on a great race. A wonderful turnout too and weather was so good - it lashed rain on the drive up to the race and on the way home but stopped for the duration of the run even if it was a tad mucky - what more could you want and where else would you want to be? Thanks so much. foxy