Irish Mountain
Running Association

Congratulations to our new Race Directors

AuthorDateMessage
Brendan LawlorJul 12 2022, 8:38amCongratulations to Brian Kitson and Sarah Brady who both had their Race Directing debuts at the weekend.

I was up at the finish line at the Dargle Four Peaks and Brian was getting plaudits all round (and well done Warren too) for his new race route and overall race organisation. I particularly loved the Nepalese prayer flags at the finish.. lovely touch. His Race Dictator race report is a hoot and well worth a read !

Reports from Sarah's Keepers Hill race also indicate that she got off to a flying start to her RD career as well !

Its been a great year for new Race Directors and new races, so long may that continue. Anyone looking to be a Race Director into the future should sign up as a Deputy RD at an upcoming race, to get a feel for whats involved.
Laura FlynnJul 12 2022, 3:56pmWell said Brendan. By all accounts Sarah and Brian gave us two more great days out in the hills.
Hats off to both of you for taking the plunge. I’m sure you’re both buzzing afterwards too with all the positive feedback.
And best of luck to Dan tomorrow night on his first RD!
Brendan LawlorJul 14 2022, 10:09amAnother flawless performance from a new Race Director at the Ayling Abyss race last night- well done Dan Geelon !

Just like Sarah and Brian, Dan put a lot of work into preparing for his debut and it really showed on the night- take a bow Dan !