Sli Mhuscrai Half UPDATED MANDATORY KIT
|Robbie Williams||Feb 9 2020, 10:23am||Hi All...|
Each runner will receive an email but just s heads up so you can prepare..
Kit check will be after you are transferred to the start area. Runners not have the 4 items will not be allowed to start. We updated this yesterday after running a recce in windy and very slippery conditions.
1. Proper rain jacket (think if you fell and couldn’t run , will it keep you warm for an hour until hell arrived)
2. Mobile phone fully charged. IMRA NUMBER ON REAR OF RACE BIB
3. Foil Blanket €3 from most outdoor stores
4. TRAIL runners with good grip. ****Any runners showing up in road runners will be in breach of rules and not allowed race, they will have to return on bus to Millstreet. Example: X talon type grip. Runners in lighter trail(light ) grip found a lot of issues trying to keep running on grassy embankments that were both downhill and cambered combined.
|alan ritchie||Feb 11 2020, 4:51pm||Hi Robbie,|
I'll be heading down from up North on Thursday. In the worst case weather conditions what kit will be required? Just so I have everything required with me before travelling down.
Many thanks Alan
|Robbie Williams||Feb 11 2020, 7:24pm||Hi Alan |
Max EXTRA kit would be :
3. Rain pants (not running tights)
This is highly lightly if we are going to push ahead at the moment
|Celine Buckley||Feb 12 2020, 8:13pm||Hi Robbie,|
Just wondering what do you mean by rain pants?
|Yvonne Kelly||Feb 12 2020, 8:15pm||Hi,|
Quick few Question, do we need a compass? I've the route downloaded on garmin 945 forerunner and on phone which I got from The imra map link posted under the event.
Do we need hard copy of route too?
On the bag drops do we get those bags back at the end and are they sheltered from The rain?
Thanks in advance
|Robbie Williams||Feb 12 2020, 8:29pm||Update for Sli Half|
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR SLI HALF MARATHON RUNNERS.
With Storm Dennis due this weekend, we are keeping an eye on forecasts for the race area.
Wind and serious amounts of rain tend be look like the order of the day....but you’re trail runners and ye are tough.
However we are going to take extra precautions with mandatory kit.
MANDATORY KIT UPGRADE:
1. TRAIL RUNNERS WITH VERY GOID GRIP
2. WATERPROOF JACKET MUST HAVE TAPED SEAMS. (Allow for sitting with injury in place for 60mins with torrential rain and wind). Do not skimp on a lightweight windbreaker, we will not pass these in kit inspection.
3. MOBILE PHONE FULLY CHARGED
4. FOIL BLANKET
5. HAT (buff is acceptable)
7. RAIN PANTS (do not show running tights/leggings, these will NOT qualify.
You should have enough food or water to carry you through the full 23.5km of this race.
All kit inspections will take place either on bus or in GAA hall in Ballyvourney. You will not be in a situation where you can get something you do not have.
IT IS EACH RUNNERS RESPONSIBILITY TO HAVE ALL 7 ITEMS. It is not the fault of a safety marshal doing their job if they have to refuse you race start line access. Please do not put yourself or them in that position. If you have any questions about kit please ask a safety marshal in hall at the time of registration.
This is for your own safety.
A safety running sweeper will be the last person on the course.
We will do our absolute best to get all runners through the course and have your fed & watered afterwards. Make sure to have a shower immediately after finishing to avoid getting too cold and go straight to GAA hall for dinner, dessert, tea etc.
Sli Mhuscrai Team.
In answer to Ultra..
Yes you will get drop bags back to hall after last runner passes through Ballyvourney CP.
Please make sure you or friend collects.
We will try to keep them dry.
At Ballyvourney they will be in GAA hall.
No need for compass for ultra although maps of route maybe handy
|Yvonne Kelly||Feb 12 2020, 9:01pm||Thanks you.|
|Gordon Place||Feb 12 2020, 9:12pm||Something like this should be grand|