Irish Mountain
Running Association

Juniors in IMRA - 2020

AuthorDateMessage
Miriam MaherJan 6 2020, 9:52pmHi Everyone

We have a lot of really exciting initiatives planned for this year to encourage greater participants by younger runners in our races and out onto the hills in general.

I’ll be posting various updates and call outs for support throughout the year. I’m putting full faith in the fantastically supportive running community of IMRA to help us realise these plans!

One of our key aims is to provide a framework of coaching guidance for the juniors who are in the age range to consider trialling for the junior international events. I’m delighted to confirm that Sarah McCormack and Paul Tierney (www.missinglinkcoaching.co.uk) will be working with us this year! Sarah and Paul's amazing personal achievements on the mountains combined with their professional coaching skills will be of huge benefit to the juniors.

To kickstart this initiative, Paul will be delivering a workshop in Ballyhoura on January 25th to a group of these juniors. The focus of the workshop will be on early season training for the hills. It will also take into account that this age group might also be training with their clubs or schools for competitions over the coming months. So, it's a complimentary approach to these events.

We have invited a group of the junior runners that have been actively involved with IMRA and the international events over the past few years to this workshop. We also have some spaces available for other junior runners to attend this workshop. We’re very keen to introduce other younger runners to this type of training and racing.

IMRA is sponsoring the costs of this workshop (excluding travel). If you think that this workshop might of interest to runners, aged 15 to 19, from your clubs or schools, send me an email – Miriam dot maher@imra dot ie - and I can give you more details on the workshop programme.

Thanks

Miriam