Irish Mountain
Running Association

Glen of the Downs

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Ian ConroyJul 12 2011, 4:28pmAnyone fancy doing a recce of this race?
Rene BorgJul 12 2011, 4:39pmI may be on for it Ian, have been wanting to go back there ever since racing it in 07. Let me know what days/dates you had in mind.
Mick HanneyJul 12 2011, 4:54pmClarity on the route map would be good before you recce. The route last year varied from that previously because of construction work being done on the trail down near the N11 before the single track turns steeply uphill. If such work is complete I assume we can go back to the old route, which was a bit more fun? And no need to do a 2nd lap as some people did in that race :-)
Patrick MurrayJul 19 2011, 11:34amHi, just wondering if it would be possible to join IMRA on the evening of the Glen of the Downs run (3rd of August)?
John BarryJul 19 2011, 1:51pmPatrick,

You can join on the evening of the race. Be a small bit early if you can and if possible, fill out the following form and bring it with you....

http://www.imra.ie/ad-hoc/MembershipForm2011.pdf

Fee is €10 for annual membership and €7 for the individual races.

John

Patrick MurrayJul 20 2011, 3:35pmHi John,

Many thanks for the info.

Regards,

Patrick.
Vivian O'GormanJul 26 2011, 9:45pmHi Folks,

I need the following volunteers:

1. Lap Top Operator
2. First Aid Person
3. Race Marker
4. Two Course Marshalls
and a few more ---- usual rates apply!!
Dallas BairdJul 30 2011, 11:41amHi Vivian,

I am happy to volunteer if you still need anyone. No laptop training, but I am qualified to stick on plasters and am equally good at standing on summits and pointing.

Is it possible to get an invite to MyIMRA? dallas dot baird at the gmail, mobile zero 87 seven 32 two 839

Cheers
Ger PowerJul 30 2011, 1:46pmIs anyone who could give me a lift passing either Blackrock or Cabinteely. Thanks
Paul O'GradyJul 30 2011, 2:33pmHi Ger - I'm coming from Stradbrook road if that's of any use to you - I cam pick you up along the way.

Paul

(I see simple maths has been replaced by trivial pursuit geography in order to post!!)
Mick HanneyJul 31 2011, 10:52pmHi,
If we are running the route from last year I can supply an updated map for the events page.
Regards,
Mick
Dermot MurphyAug 1 2011, 7:53pmI'll be marking the route on Wednesday - I will mark the same course that was used last year, as the feedback I got at the time was that it was a slightly better course. The amended route goes from the junction at I back to junction C and the follows the route back to the finish. This route is about 500 meters longer (anyone have a measurement from last year?)
Mick HanneyAug 1 2011, 9:24pmMy route from last year was 8.2k, 262m climb
Brendan LawlorAug 2 2011, 10:10amVivian, will there be a junior course?
Ger PowerAug 2 2011, 11:05amPaul

That would be great where do you want to meet and at what time my mobile is 0877957146 Thanks
Dermot MurphyAug 2 2011, 3:58pmBrendan, it may be difficult to have a junior course due to the narrow track. I intend to mark the route and stay at junction D as a marshal, and demark the course when all the runners are through. This could also be the junior turn around point. The narrow track might cause problems if the juniors are running back against the main field. I would suggest that maybe the juniors could start 5 minutes after the main field so this problem is kept to a minimum. How does this sound?
Vivian O'GormanAug 2 2011, 5:16pmBrendan - Dermots suggestion sounds good. It means the juniors won't get run over and will have a clear run.

Thanks to all volunteers for tomorrow night. If you could be at start for as close to 6 as possible - particularly those that are running.
Brendan LawlorAug 2 2011, 5:27pmDermot and Vivian

Thats a good suggestion - see you there!
Marcella CramptonAug 3 2011, 9:10amCould some provide directions to the race tonight, i.e. what exit should I take on the N11. I'm coming from the Leixlip direction.

Thanks
Donal TroddynAug 3 2011, 10:55amMarcella, heading South, you take the exit marked for the Glenview hotel. It's not very well sign posted but it's the exit a couple of hundred metres after a garden centre. Immediately after you turn off the dual carriageway, turn right onto a cul de sac for parking. There are some houses at the end of this road, so we'll have to be careful about leaving access.
Marcella CramptonAug 3 2011, 12:21pmThanks Donal for directions.
Michelle RowleyAug 3 2011, 1:03pmI can pick up two around Pearse Street at about 5.30ish. Text on: zero 86 three 7172zero6. Michelle
Joan StapletonAug 3 2011, 2:14pmHi, if anyone needs a lift I'll be leaving from Suir Road Luas @ 6pm. You may text me at oh87 99thirtyfour28zero, Joan
Paul O'GradyAug 3 2011, 11:00pmThanks to Vivian and his team for a great race tonight.

You've got to love the variety you get with an IMRA race!

Congratulations to John Ahern on joining the Club 100 tonight!
Vivian O'GormanAug 3 2011, 11:12pmThank you to everybody for tonight. Despite the rain you all seemed to enjoy the race.

A big thanks to race marker Dermot Murphy for a very well marked course - lap top professional Kevin O'Riordan for doing the results and having them on line so quickly - Daniel McMorrough for first aid and to all the other volunteers who helped me out.

Next week Devils Glen.
Brendan LawlorAug 4 2011, 9:43amDan Lawlor was first in the Junior race (not Jack) - could you amend at some stage to avoid war in our house ! Great event last night, thanks to Vivian and all helpers