Irish Mountain
Running Association

Mullaghmeen

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Dermot MurphyMar 29 2011, 4:10pmThe final race of the Spring League takes place next Sunday in County Meath - the Meath hill running championships at Mullaghmeen. As in the previous two Spring League races, this race is ideal for beginners, and there is sure to be a competitive edge up front as well.
Turlough ConwayMar 30 2011, 12:14pmFound a map of area here: http://www.coillteoutdoors.ie/index.php?id=54&trail=57&no_cache=1

Dermot do you know if course goes out and back the same way?

Dermot MurphyMar 30 2011, 2:35pmTurlough, the route takes a loop at the hill (top is about half way) and then comes back the way it came - slightly different to last year for anyone who ran it. You can see the loop on the map on the events page.
Robert CaffreyMar 30 2011, 10:56pmHi all.For those with a SATNAV the GPS co-ordinates to get you to Mullaghmeen carpark are (53.74414, -7.27162)...For everyone else when you get in the general Oldcastle area we will have signposts at the major turns...happy trails...
Turlough ConwayMar 31 2011, 2:16pmThanks Dermot and Robert. Im heading up on Sunday from North City center shortly after 9 if anyone needs a lift.
Alan KilbrideApr 1 2011, 4:00pmHi,

I stuck myself down as a volunteer for this race a few weeks ago. I have not heard anything since and there is no status update in the 'Accepted' column in the volunteers section.

I plan to do the laptop training tomorrow. I am still available on Sunday if required, if you could let my know if it is going ahead and what time to be there at.

Thanks,
Alan.
Dermot MurphyApr 1 2011, 8:32pmAlan, race is going ahead alright. There is no lap top operator down at the moment, but if you think you will be ok after your training tomorrow, it would be a good race to get some practice in. I will be there for registration so I can help you with that but I will be running the race. Perhaps have a word with Kevin about it tomorrow and/or give me a ring.
Tamas FarkasApr 2 2011, 12:27amHi,
I signed up as a non-running volunteer, but is there actually a need for a non-running helper? If there is, no problem, it will be me. But I wouldn't mind running this race if I'm there anyway. At what time shall the volunteers be there?
Thanks!
Dermot MurphyApr 2 2011, 9:09amTomas, the local club, St Brigids will probably have most of the non running volunteer covered. Bring your gear with you with you and I'd say it will be no problem running.
Registration will open around 10:50 and close around 11:50, with race to start at 12.
Alan KilbrideApr 2 2011, 4:59pmHi,

Laptop training complete, all ready for tomorrow, see you there at half 10!

Cheers,
Alan.