Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wicklow Way Trail

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Mick HanneyFeb 18 2011, 9:42amIn the car pool for this event I have added a coach which can be booked which will take runners from the registration point at Johnny Foxes to the start at Ballinastoe. Same deal as last year. The registration for the trail race will include a fee to cover the bus. Depending on demand we can, if required, get another bus. The system worked very well last year.

If you are not a myimra member and/or having problems reserving a seat you can email me directly at mickhanney at ireland dot com. I'll email you back to confirm any booking.

Mick HanneyFeb 18 2011, 2:30pmSo far so good. 10 seats booked.
Mick HanneyFeb 19 2011, 9:40pmSeats going fast. If we reach 53 soon we can increase the booking and arrange a 2nd bus.
Mick HanneyFeb 21 2011, 10:20amAt the moment there are 11 seats left in the 1st bus of 53. A 2nd bus will be arranged based on the demand.

If you have booked a seat and find for whatever reason that you will not be able to make it please cancel your booking and let me know so I can offer the seat up to someone else. Thanks.
Mick HanneyFeb 21 2011, 12:44pm1st bus full. 2nd bus added.
Eamonn HodgeFeb 21 2011, 2:59pmI got on the first bus! Pretty good take up of spaces so far.
tony keelyFeb 22 2011, 12:27pmHi all,anyone interested in running the course next weekend, sat or sun.
Tarja OwensFeb 23 2011, 3:19pmHow can a few of us pre enter this race?
If you dont need a lift in car or bus does it still cost €20 to enter?

Many thanks,
Tarja
Mick HanneyFeb 23 2011, 3:26pmHi Tarja,
Please drop me an email to mickhanney at ireland dot com with the names and their mobile nos and I'll book them onto the bus for you. The bus option is most preferable as parking is liable to be limited near Ballinastoe. When the 2nd bus fills there might be an option to have a reduced cost entry if a bus isn't part of the package. I'll defer to the race director on that one.
Regards,
Mick
Dermot MurphyFeb 23 2011, 4:13pmTo encourage the use of the bus, the price is the same whether you use it or not. We would much prefer if people used the bus option as parking is limited at the start.
Mick HanneyMar 1 2011, 11:39am
Thanks for the bookings so far. If demand continues for the trail bus we'll look at an option to have a 3rd bus provided so that everyone's transport is accounted for. Again, if you've booked a place and find you can't take it up please let me know.
Mick HanneyMar 3 2011, 12:38pm3rd and final bus added to the car pool.
Diarmuid CollinsMar 6 2011, 10:51amHi, what do people think about fluids on a race like this, as in, will we need them over that distance / height? Will have to buy one of those camel packs if we do, if anyone has any recommendations feel free to offer them.
Mick HanneyMar 6 2011, 12:40pmThere is usual water and other bits of refreshment (fruit etc) available at Crone wood and again at Curtlestown, so carrying water shouldn't really be necessary.
Paul WhyteMar 6 2011, 8:59pmHi,

Are there any kit requirements for the Trail race? Rain proof jacket etc or will that be decided nearer to the race.

Tks,

Paul
Mick HanneyMar 7 2011, 10:14am28 seater is almost full, so that booking will be replaced by a 3rd and final 53 seat coach in the next day or so. Thanks for getting in your bookings early.

Re: race requirements. A windsheeter would be necessary. Over the course of a 25k run in the hills you can have all sorts of weather. As the course is fully waymarked there isn't a requirement for map and compass. I expect gloves and hat are optional.
Andy HayesMar 7 2011, 11:00amLooking forward to the trail now - planning to run the route(or part of) on saturday morning, the 12th - anyone planning to do the same? we could leave cars at the start and finish perhaps.
Kevin O'RiordanMar 7 2011, 12:07pmYeah I'd be one for that.

Kevin.
henny brandsmaMar 8 2011, 8:52amhi dermot.
Can give you a hand on the wicklowtrail as i am still injured,e-mail or phone me back wat you want me to do on the day.
Regards Henny.
mobile:087-6704825.
e-mail hennybrandsma@yahoo.ie
Dermot MurphyMar 8 2011, 10:36amCheers Henny, will give you a call later in the week.

Marcella CramptonMar 8 2011, 1:11pmHi,

Just a qq, from what I can see all bus spaces from Johnny Foxes pub to the start of the race are full already, I am looking for 2 spaces if possible, if anyone cant make it.

Thanks
Marcella.
Mick HanneyMar 8 2011, 1:14pmPlease check back again tomorrow. I should have the no. of seats in the last bus upped by then to allow more bookings.
Siobhain DugganMar 8 2011, 3:03pmHi Mick,
i just sent you an email, i would like to reserve 6 seats please, have some frineds from Geneva coming over for the run!

thanks a mill
siobhain
Mick HanneyMar 9 2011, 7:48amExtra seats added (thanks Eoin). I've had a no. of cancellations which don't show through on the carpool as available seats so when the buses fill anyone looking for a seat can post here and I'll take them on a first come first served basis. Demand for places is tremendous.
Jason KehoeMar 9 2011, 10:44amHi,

Any truth in the rumour that this years course is ~100m longer than last years i.e. the finish is in the overflow carpark? And if so does that mean Diarmaid Collins record is secured in History much Like Barry's before last years route change? Also the Traffic lights at the crossroads may cause a little problem that people should be aware of, especially if there are any sprint finishes.

Cheers,
Jason
Donal TroddynMar 9 2011, 11:10amAccording to the Event Page, it's 3.5km longer this year.
Mick HanneyMar 9 2011, 1:11pmDistance is same as last year which was extended 3.5k or so from the previous incarnation of the race. No reason for the race being ~100m longer as far as I'm aware. It has always finished directly outside Johnny Foxes.
Mick HanneyMar 9 2011, 2:22pmThe numbers for the trail race appear to be well up on last year. I'd ask people to try carpool to Johnny Foxes if at all possible as the car park there is liable to be packed out by IMRA and whatever we can do to minimise that we should.

Once the buses fill on the car pool people who haven't booked can leave their names on the forum and this will form a waiting list for places that might become free if people cancel current bookings. That, or people can add their own car to the car pool and work out an arrangement with others to do a 2 car shuffle back and forth to the race start.

Last year we closed up registration to allow the buses to leave at c. 11.15am from Johnny Foxes to allow for a 12 noon race start at Ballinastoe. Same goes this year.
Eoin KeithMar 9 2011, 4:00pmThere might be a change in distance this year from last, but nothing too significant. There are practical issues that have arisen that will more than likely result in the finish of the race being moved, hopefully by a minimal distance. It won't affect the registration, the buses, or the start of the trail race. Any changes will be publicised if/when they are finalised.
Archie O'DonnellMar 9 2011, 5:00pmHi Mick, Was hoping to do the Trail run, but have an appointment in the afternoon. Would it be possible for me to run the route in reverse, Starting at 9.30 with the ultras and finish at Ballinastoe, and take the 2nd bus back to Johnny Foxes. Been training for this race and would hate to miss it. Don't need an official time but would like to get an accurate one for comparison with my mates. Is this allowed?
Mick HanneyMar 9 2011, 9:10pmArchie, a curious request, but I expect an informal arrangement could be made with your time in the results being a DNF I expect as you haven't ran the same direction as everyone else. Dermot?
Mick HanneyMar 9 2011, 9:13pmI've a couple of places free on the buses, despite the bus booking saying its full. Emails to mickhanney at ireland.com will be treated on a 1st come 1st served basis. I'll post a waiting list on the forum on a timely basis in the lead up to the race weekend.
Justin ReaMar 10 2011, 1:59pmArchie. The buses will be going on to wherever their next pick-up is, or back to the driver's depot. Unless one happens to be passing JF's, I think it's unlikely you will get a lift back.

You are more likely to find a Trail starter that didn't get a bus booking that would like their car returned to JFs.
Dermot MurphyMar 10 2011, 3:59pmArchie - if running the opposite direction, you would not be able to get an official time as you would be running a different course.

If you want to run with the Ultra runners out as far as Ballinastoe, please feel free (you will not be a part of the race). I'm not sure how you would get back though - as Justin says, the buses will be going to their next call. If you had plenty of time, it wouldn't be a problem, but have a lift ready for you when you finish may be difficult.

Have you considered an early start time at Ballinastoe, say around 10:30 or so? Would this get you back to Johnnie Foxes in time? You could also get an official time if you wanted to do this.
pascal pragnereMar 10 2011, 10:19pmHi everyone,
Could anyone give me a lift from Bray or from the roundabout of Bray North (I live in Connawood est.) to go to Johnny Fox for registration, please. The way back is ok, no problem...
If you have a space in a car could you email me at pascal.pragnere@wanadoo.fr please?
Thanks a lot,
All the best
Pascal
Mick HanneyMar 11 2011, 9:21amThanks for the bus bookings so far. At this instant I've 2 free seats. If you've booked and you find for some reason you can't make it please let me know so they can be reallocated.
Tony KeelyMar 11 2011, 3:58pmThis message for Mick Hanney,i had booked a seat on the coach but dont need it as i am doing the full and not the half,thanks Tony
Mick HanneyMar 11 2011, 7:44pmThanks Tony. Noted... Good luck in the ultra.
Eugene DuffMar 12 2011, 1:16pmHi Mick, Can I please reserve a seat on the bus if there are any free? Thanks Eugene Duff
Mick HanneyMar 12 2011, 9:08pmAll seats filled Eugene. You can be 1st in line for any seat that frees up. If its anything like last year I'd expect a few seats to be freed up beforehand.
Regards,
Mick
Mick HanneyMar 15 2011, 9:17amWaiting List:
1. Eugene Duff
2. Robbie Williams
Caitlín BentMar 15 2011, 10:47amHi Mick,
Can you please put my name down on the bus waiting list. Thank you.
Mick HanneyMar 15 2011, 11:54amEugene - I've a seat for you on the bus.

Waiting list now is:
1. Robbie Williams
2. Caitlín Bent
Eugene DuffMar 15 2011, 12:18pmThanks very much Mick
Gus McCarthyMar 15 2011, 9:57pmMick,

Can you put my name on the waiting list please.

Mick HanneyMar 15 2011, 10:22pmWaiting list now is:
1. Robbie Williams
2. Caitlín Bent
3. Gus McCarthy
Fiona DugganMar 16 2011, 12:03amHi,

Could I please put my name down on the waiting list also for the bus from Johnny Foxes.

Many Thanks

Fiona
Mick HanneyMar 16 2011, 11:08amSeats now confirmed for:-
1. Robbie Williams
2. Caitlín Bent
3. Gus McCarthy

Waiting List:-
1. Fiona Duggan

Thanks to those who couldn't make it for letting me know. Please continue to do so as seats can then be reallocated.
irene walshMar 16 2011, 9:26pmhi how are you.....i would like to put my name down for the bus........thanks
Mick HanneyMar 16 2011, 10:41pmWaiting List:-
1. Fiona Duggan
2. Irene Walsh
Andreas KuschMar 17 2011, 9:24pmHi Mick,
can you please put Dermot Higgins on the waiting list.
Mick HanneyMar 18 2011, 8:33amWaiting List for seats on bus:-
1. Fiona Duggan
2. Irene Walsh
3. Freda Owens
4. Dermot Higgins
Archie O'DonnellMar 18 2011, 1:42pmThanks Justin and Dermot,

I'll take the early start at Balinastoe at 10.30. My seat on the second bus is therefore cancelled. I'll try to bum a lift from from a race marshall at johnny foxes before 10, i'm sure there is someone headin Ballinastoe way. Cheers, Archie
Mick HanneyMar 18 2011, 3:32pmThanks Archie.

Fiona Duggan - you've a seat now.

Waiting List for seats on bus:-
1. Irene Walsh
2. Freda Owens
3. Dermot Higgins
Mick HanneyMar 18 2011, 9:23pmThe bus merry go round continues...

Irene Walsh - you've a seat now.

1. Freda Owens
2. Dermot Higgins
Ian McFarlaneMar 20 2011, 8:49pmHi Mick,
Can you put me on the waiting list for the Bus please.

Cheers
Ian McFarlane
Mick HanneyMar 20 2011, 9:23pmWaiting List for seats on bus:-
1. Freda Owens
2. Dermot Higgins
3. Ian McFarlane
David HobbsMar 20 2011, 10:13pm Cafe2u Mobile Cafe Will Be Able To Set up At The Start Of The Race,With Lots Of Energy Drinks ,Water ,Snacks !!
If Required ,I Can Set Up At the Finish on the Road,Across From Johnny Foxes Pub. Any Requests ,Will do my best ??
Michael MaughanMar 20 2011, 10:44pmHi Mick, can you put me on the waiting list for the bus too. Thanks, MIchael.
Dermot MurphyMar 21 2011, 8:55amThanks David.

Can you please make sure to contact Johnnie Foxes before Saturday to check with them that it is OK to use their car park?
Dermot MurphyMar 21 2011, 9:10amA few important points for Saturday:

1) Finish - due to the new lights at the crossroads, we will have to have a new finishing position before the lights. The safest place for this is outside the the GAA club where there is a wide hard shoulder on both sides of the road about 500 meters or so before the lights.

2) Registration - For the Ultra, registration will open at 8:30, although I will be there before then as I have had a few enquiries about an early start. Anyone who feels they may not make the cut off points (please see events page for these) should avail of an early start. Registration for the Trail will open after the Ultra is under way, at around 9:45am. Do not try to register before then, as you will be signed up for the Ultra race.

3)Registration will close for the Trail at 11:15 am SHARP! There will be NO registration for the Trail at the starting point at Ballinastoe. Please try to use the buses in order to get to the start - many thanks to Mick Hanney for organising the buses this year and to everyone who has signed up so far.

4) Parking at Johnnie Foxes - parking is in the overflow car park ONLY - please do not park in the car park beside the pub. This has been requested by Johnnie Foxes in order to have space available for their regular customers. It looks like there will be large numbers for the race, so can people try to car pool out to JF's were possible.

5) Please take not of the cut off times - for your own safety, please stop at the these if you do not make them and get a lift back to JF's.
Mick HanneyMar 21 2011, 9:38amBus seats now confirmed for Freda Owens and Dermot Higgins

1. Ian McFarlane
2. Michael Maughan
Richard CattleMar 21 2011, 1:50pmHi there,

Can you please add me to the waiting list for the bus?

Kind regards,
Richard
Mick HanneyMar 21 2011, 2:21pmBus seat now confirmed for Ian McFarlane

1. Michael Maughan
2. Richard Cattle
James CarrollMar 21 2011, 2:42pmHi

Can I be added to the waiting list for the bus please?

Thanks,
James Carroll
Brendan LawlorMar 21 2011, 2:45pmMick

Could you add Dave Butler and Feargal Bracken to the bus waiting list please
Ian McFarlaneMar 21 2011, 6:55pmThanks for that Mick.

Cheers
Ian
Mick HanneyMar 21 2011, 7:30pm
1. Michael Maughan
2. Richard Cattle
3. James Carroll
4. Dave Butler
5. Feargal Bracken

If a waiting list is still in operation by the time Thursday / Friday comes along those people that are on it might consider doing a carpool between them for the event as I may not get last minute cancellations / free seats on the bus. Cheers.
David HobbsMar 21 2011, 8:04pm Cafe2u Mobile Coffee shop ,Dermot I Contacted Johnny foxes Pub ,thats ok, I can Set up In The Overflow Carpark, Could
you Give me the times ,were you would like me to Set up,and any requirments ,in terms of what you would like me To stock for the Day.
Mick HanneyMar 21 2011, 8:08pmConfirmed with seats on bus;- Michael Maughan and Richard Cattle

1. James Carroll
2. Dave Butler
3. Feargal Bracken
4. Niall O'Loughlin
5. Ken Heffernan

Brendan PollardMar 21 2011, 9:46pmhi Folks,

anyone travelling from Glasnevin or Charlestown area on saturday for race. Hoping to source a lift.

thanks,

Bren
Mick HanneyMar 22 2011, 9:08amWaiting List for seats on bus:-
1. James Carroll
2. Niall O'Loughlin
3. Ken Heffernan

Anyone arriving early to Johnny Foxes please park well away from the entrance into the overflow car park. The entrance section should be kept clear for the buses to turn and park mid morning. Car pooling to get to Johnny Foxes is requested if at all possible to reduce car numbers. Cheers.
Pádraig O'DwyerMar 22 2011, 9:09amHi Mick,

I am booked on one of the buses for this race but unfortunately due to injury I will not be able to race. Feel free to pass my spot to the next on the waiting list.

Thanks
Padraig O'Dwyer
Dermot MurphyMar 22 2011, 9:17amI am looking for a few extra volunteers to help out on the Saturday morning - I need a couple of people for registration and also for car parking. You will be able to run with either job as well.
Mick HanneyMar 22 2011, 9:23amSeats confirmed for James Carroll and Niall O'Loughlin

1. Ken Heffernan

Martin BrosnanMar 22 2011, 1:38pmHi Mick,

I am booked on one of the buses for this race but unfortunately I will not be able to race. Feel free to pass my spot to the next on the waiting list.

Martin Brosnan
Mick HanneyMar 22 2011, 1:45pmThanks Martin. Ken Heffernan you've a seat confirmed now.

Waiting List for bus now clear.
Jeff SwordsMar 22 2011, 1:50pmHi Brendan,

If you can get yourself near Blanchardstown I can work something out, or even to Joe Duffy Motors at the M50/N2 junction ?

Can't guarantee a lift back though as I may be heading elsewhere afterwards.

Jeff.
John CondonMar 22 2011, 2:30pmHi need advise, I'd love to take part in this. As this would be my first IMRA I was wondering if this would be a good one to take part in? I've been runnning for for over a year and started trail running recently. I've also run 2 marathons (sub 4.10) so I reckon I have a fairly decent level of fitness.

Thanks in advance.

John
Dermot MurphyMar 22 2011, 2:58pmJohn, how familiar are you with the Wicklow Way? What kind of training have you done on it?
John CondonMar 22 2011, 3:08pmHi Dermot, Thanks for getting back. I'm from Wicklow so I'm familiar enough with parts of the trail. I mainly run around Djouce/Ticknock and on average put in about 10 - 15 miles per run.
Dermot MurphyMar 22 2011, 3:26pmJohn, I'd say you should be fine so. The start of the race is off the WW at Ballinastoe, but you will be the main group for the initial climb up to Lough Tay. You should be fine after that - keep a close eye out for the WW markers- you will just need to know where to go right at the top of the road near the end of the race - this is where the course leaves the WW and goes to Johnie Foxes. Fitness wise, it sounds to me you should be fine.
John CondonMar 22 2011, 3:35pmThanks for the the advice. Roll on Saturday :)
henny brandsmaMar 22 2011, 4:20pmHi Dermot.
Gave you wrong mobile no. should be 087-7604825.
Regards Henny
Ian ConroyMar 22 2011, 4:56pmHi, very late in the day, but am looking for a seat on the bus?
mick hanneyMar 22 2011, 6:01pmIan, you're 1st on the waiting list. I might be able to confirm a seat tomorrow. Spreadsheet for the bus at my office...
Regards,
Mick
Rowan McMahonMar 22 2011, 6:59pmMick,

Any room on the bus for 2 - 3 northerners??

1) Rowan McMahon
2) Barry Tinnelly
3) Peter Grant
Mick HanneyMar 22 2011, 7:16pmRowan, Ye are on the waiting list behind Ian at the mo. Odds are seats will free up before the weekend. Keep watching the forum over the coming days. Regards,
Mick
Ian ConroyMar 22 2011, 7:48pmThanks Mick, will do - I'll keep my eyes glued to the forum!
damian kellyMar 22 2011, 9:06pmHi Dermot,

I am running in the trail on saturday, i can help out if needed.
You can contact me at damiankelly74@gmail.com

Regards,

Damian,
Brian CarolanMar 22 2011, 9:14pmHi Mick, I'll have to pull out so you can give my seat away. Thanks, Brian
Mick HanneyMar 22 2011, 10:00pmThanks Brian.
Ian, you've a seat for sure so.
Dermot MurphyMar 23 2011, 8:29amRegistration Forms - the 2011 registration form is now available in the forms section. If this is your first race in 2011, can you please print out this form and have in filled in for Saturday - this should help the registration process to run smoothly.

Please note that can I ask all new registrations for this year to fill out the form - I will not be printing forms for people who have run IMRA races in prior years.
Mick HanneyMar 23 2011, 8:34am3 seats confirmed for:
1) Rowan McMahon
2) Barry Tinnelly
3) Peter Grant
Charlie LyonsMar 23 2011, 9:53amMick/Dermot good morning.

Unfortunately picked up a little injury yesterday, so feel free to allocate my seat on the bus.

Dermot, if you need an extra non running helper would be happy to help out.

Many Thanks
Charlie
Dermot MurphyMar 23 2011, 10:37amThanks Charlie. Would you be available to help out at the finish - from about 1:30pm onwards? Or would the morning suit better?
simon mulveyMar 23 2011, 11:18amhi ,ihope im not too late to book a seat on the bus for the wicklow race on saturday,could you please let me know if a seat comes available by e mail or my mobile number is 0876958747, thank you.
charlie LyonsMar 23 2011, 11:23amHi Dermot,

I will be at the finish line for 1.30PM.

Thanks
Charlie
Donal TroddynMar 23 2011, 12:29pmUnfortunately, due to injury, I won't be able to race, so you can reallocate my seat on one of the buses. I'm free if you need another non-running volunteer or marshall.
Mick HanneyMar 23 2011, 12:49pmThanks Charlie and Donal.

Simon, you've a seat.
Geraldine O'SheaMar 23 2011, 12:55pmI'll have refreshments available at Curtlestown on Saturday. These will consist of water, jelly babies (assorted colours!) and chopped bananas. Given that the numbers competing won't be fixed in advance it is possible that supplies might run short as the day goes on so if you're likely to be running by close to the cut-off time (3.30pm) please consider bringing your own supplies. There will of course be supplies set aside for emergencies. The supply station will be manned from 12.30pm until the cut-off time.
Mick HanneyMar 23 2011, 1:04pmConfirmed Bus Bookings to date. I've a couple of seats available. If you think you've a confirmed seat and don't see your name listed please let me know. mickhanney at ireland.com or 086 85395554

Ian McGrath
Derek Charles
Barry Moore
Ken McDonough
Brendan Lawlor
Damien Kelly
John Langenbach
Aidan Roe
Andrew Hayes
Declan O'Dwyer
Dermot Nolan
Ken Cowley
Brendan Pollard
Mary Collins
Aidan Blighe
Sarah Steer
Daragh Page
Shane Jenkinson
Vanessa Fenton
Rachel Cinnsealach
Simon O'Dwyer
Eamonn Hodge
David Bawden
Sean Fox
Dave Pegler
Bernard Hayes
Paul McShane
Andreas Kusch
Gareth Little
Justin Rea
Ray Hayes
Andrew Dooley
Odhran Hendley
Daragh Hendley
Aiden Campbell
Paul Whyte
Hazel Thompson
Warren Swords
Zoran Skrba
Jeff Swords
Brian Caulfield
Des Byrne
Viv Lavan
Eamon Quigley
Gillian Raftery
Oscar Nieto Cid
Oran Murphy
Pascal Pragnere
Robbie Williams
Ian McFarlane
Niall O'Loughlin
Rowan McMahon
Simon Mulvey
John O'Neill
Mike Jordan
Aisling Corkery
Oisin Doyle
John O'Regan
Eoin Hardiman
Daniel Hardiman
Brian Conroy
Alan Kilbride
Deirdre Ni Chearbhaill
Maura Matthews
Adrian Hennessy
Michelle Rowley
Peter Barron
Ian Burke
Ciara Mangan
Olive Halahan
Paula Keohan
Simon Monds
Brian Barrett
Eddie Daly
Nicola Cochrane
Justin O'Connor
James Doran
Torben Dahl
Dave Barry
Lisa Phelan
Anthony Frazer
Mike Long
Greg Robins
Brendan Hennessy
Brian Furey
Aoife Joyce
Karl Walsh
Diarmuid O'Colmain
Sean Filan
Paul Gunning
Shane Geraghty
Diarmuid Collins
Will Martin-Smith
Shane Reynolds
Daniel Morrough
William Greensmyth
Eoghan Carton
John Ahern
Des Kennedy
Niamh Garvey
Brian O'Murchu
Oscar Shortt
Fiona Duggan
Richard Cattle
Barry Tinnelly
Niall Somers
Paul O'Grady
Gordon Douglas
Ken Barry
Margot Barry
John McCauley
David Duffy
Tommy Galvin
Kevin Doherty
Sean Hassett
Colleen Robinson
Neva Watchorne
Niamh O'Gorman
Tarja Owens
Andrew Gibson
Tony Berkery
Kevin Deery
Peter Doyle
Muriel Haire
Gillian Lane
Pamela Coleman
Kevin O'Riordain
Ross Alexander
Luke Walsh
Greg Dixon
Troy Bannon
Siobhain Duggan
Charles Slovenski
Andrew McCallum
Michael Wild
Nina Jaensch
Marcella Crampton
Aidan Kelly
Eoin O'Brien
David Carter
Ailsa Berkeley
Donna Mahon
Kevin Bolger
Conor O'Meara
John Shiel
Gus McCarthy
Caitlin Bent
Irene Walsh
Freda Owens
Dermot Higgins
Michael Maughan
James Carroll
Ken Heffernan
Dave Cunniffe
John Maher
Ian Conroy
Peter Grant
Rachel BurgessMar 23 2011, 7:40pmHi , I know its late , but any chance of a seat on the bus??
Brendan PollardMar 23 2011, 9:53pmHi Jeff,

thanks for the offer of lift to event & appreciate you willing to swing by Joe Duffy motors. To be honest will need lift home so started to be little bit too much hassle.

There is another solution which means getting up at 6.30am and dropping wife to work so might just do that.

thanks again,

Bren
Brendan PollardMar 23 2011, 9:53pmHi Jeff,

thanks for the offer of lift to event & appreciate you willing to swing by Joe Duffy motors. To be honest will need lift home so started to be little bit too much hassle.

There is another solution which means getting up at 6.30am and dropping wife to work so might just do that.

thanks again,

Bren
Pol O'MurchuMar 23 2011, 10:02pm@ Bren I'm doing ultra and will be heading back that direction after if you want a lift. I'm hoping to finish about 2:30-3 if that suits.
Stephen HarperMar 24 2011, 12:26amHi Mick. I thought i was booked on the bus but my name doesn't appear on the list. Was booked by Paul McShane last week. Am i too late to be included.

Also am looking for a lift from Dublin out to JF's on sat morning. Living on the Navan Rd but can hook up wherever suits. My number is 087 3284997

Regards

Stephen
Mick HanneyMar 24 2011, 9:26amFollowing some cancellations the following are confirmed now as included also:-
Rachel Burgess
Maeve O'Grady
Aidan Blake
Jerome Dupuy
Stephen Harper

No one on the waiting list.
Mick HanneyMar 24 2011, 11:23amVolunteer with camera?

I was hoping to take a few photos of the early stages of the trail race over Lough Tay and catch some of the ultra runners before and after the turn. Would anyone else be available to take some snaps further along the route e.g. the rise up through Curtlestown etc
Rene BorgMar 24 2011, 11:59amMick, I'll be traversing parts of the route by car and by foot. Won't stay too long in one place but will do my best to take a few photos when I'm in any place.
Donal TroddynMar 24 2011, 12:05pmI don't have a great camera, but I'll set up somewhere along the route and take photos. Any suggestions for particularly photogenic spots?
Mick HanneyMar 24 2011, 12:08pmThanks Rene.

Its all photogenic Donal :-) Up above Curtlestown would be good I reckon or along the river between Crone and the hostel. I've cover the earlier stretch as indicated.
Eavan CaseyMar 24 2011, 12:56pmI will be up above Curtlestown for a while, so will take some photos from around there. Do you have a rough indication of what time you would expect the first Ultra runner to be coming through there at?
David HobbsMar 24 2011, 2:15pm Cafe2u Mobile Coffee ,I will be Set up And Serving Premium Roasted & Freshly Ground Coffee From 9.45am in the Overflow Carpark.
I will have Flapjacks ,Snack Bars Lots of Cold Drinks and Water , And Please Let Me Know ASAP if you have any requests if you want me to stock Anything in Particular !!
I might Move to Crone wood for 11.30am & set up As soon as everyone has moved on.
Mick HanneyMar 24 2011, 2:55pmEavan - 1st ultra runners outbound would probably be around 20 to 11? 1st trail / ultra people on the way back c. 1ish? A runner from last year's ultra might comment?
Mick HanneyMar 24 2011, 3:00pmThe buses are full. I might have some last minute cancellations but this cannot be assumed. If you have not confirmed a seat on the buses and you intend running the trail race on Saturday you should make alternative transport arrangements to Ballinastoe as you cannot be guaranteed a seat will become available on the buses at this point.

As each of the buses fills at Johnny Foxes they'll depart. Anything you bring with you on the bus you should be prepared to run with. No personal belongings etc should be left on the buses as after the drop-off they will head off on other business.

Cheers.
Tamas FarkasMar 24 2011, 5:11pmRowan McMahon,
Your name sounds familiar. As I recall you guys organize among many things the Mourne Way Ultra and the Causeway Ultra in Northern Ireland. I'm greatly interested in what you do, so I hope we could talk after the race in the pub (I'll be running the ultra). If you can't stay for the prizegiving, then you could drop me a line 0872348903 or at farkastamas82@yahoo.de
Good luck for the race!
Eavan CaseyMar 24 2011, 6:29pmThanks Mick-I will be near the top of the climb above Curtlestown around one to get some photos.
Jeff SwordsMar 24 2011, 6:39pmHi again Brendan,

Change of plan for myself, will be heading back after the race, at the worse after a celebratory drink in the pub afterwards if that suits you ?

Stephen, will be heading by the N3 so could pick you up at the Little Chef or train station ?
Mick HanneyMar 24 2011, 8:27pmFurther, last minutes seats confirmed for:
Andy Beattie
James Cahill
John O'NeillMar 24 2011, 8:33pmHi Mick ,Can you take my name of the list for the bus as something has come up and i am unable to make the race .thanks
Philip de ChazalMar 24 2011, 9:37pmHi Mick, any chance of a seat on the bus? Philip
Loraine CreaneMar 24 2011, 9:50pmHi Mick

Can you put me on waiting list please. I'll have back up plan if not.

Thanks
Stephen HarperMar 24 2011, 11:06pmHi Jeff

That would be great. Can meet you wherever is handiest. My number is 087 3284997 if you want to text me we can make plans

Regards

Steve
Ken McDonaghMar 25 2011, 9:44amProbably being paranoid but I assume the 'Ken McDonough' on the bus list is meant to read 'Ken McDonagh'!
Incidentally, I'll be driving from Bayside, D13 to the registration leaving at 9.30 so if anyone wants a lift from the city centre/northside let me know: kenneth [dot] mcdonagh at dcu.ie
The only catch is I'll be leaving fairly sharpish after finishing and heading in the opposite direction so you might need to make alternative arrangements to get home!
Mick HanneyMar 25 2011, 9:53amKen - sorry for the mispelling. Yep, its yourself.

Seats confirmed for:
- Liam Dunne
- Philip de Chazal

Waiting List:
- Loraine Creane
Dermot MurphyMar 25 2011, 10:11amA reminder of a few important points for Saturday:

1) Finish - due to the new lights at the crossroads, we will have to have a new finishing position before the lights. The safest place for this is outside the the GAA club where there is a wide hard shoulder on both sides of the road about 500 meters or so before the lights.

2) Registration - For the Ultra, registration will open at 8:30, although I will be there before then as I have had a few enquiries about an early start. Anyone who feels they may not make the cut off points (please see events page for these) should avail of an early start. Registration for the Trail will open after the Ultra is under way, at around 9:45am. Do not try to register before then, as you will be signed up for the Ultra race.

3)Registration will close for the Trail at 11:15 am SHARP! There will be NO registration for the Trail at the starting point at Ballinastoe. Please try to use the buses in order to get to the start - many thanks to Mick Hanney for organising the buses this year and to everyone who has signed up so far.

4) Parking at Johnnie Foxes - parking is in the overflow car park ONLY - please do not park in the car park beside the pub. This has been requested by Johnnie Foxes in order to have space available for their regular customers. It looks like there will be large numbers for the race, so can people try to car pool out to JF's were possible.

5) Please take not of the cut off times - for your own safety, please stop at the these if you do not make them and get a lift back to JF's.

6) If this is your first IMRA race for 2011, can you please print out the 2011 registration form from the forms section on the site and have it completed - this will help with registration tomorrow morning.

7) Please note - headphones are banned from all IMRA races.
joe FinneganMar 25 2011, 10:26amHi i know its late but is there any seats left on the bus could you let me know and were to meet it
Mick HanneyMar 25 2011, 10:32amWaiting list:-
Loraine Creane
Joe Finnegan

The buses are currently full. I might have some last minute cancellations but this cannot be assumed. If you have not confirmed a seat on the buses and you intend running the trail race on Saturday you should make alternative transport arrangements to Ballinastoe as you cannot be guaranteed a seat will become available on the buses at this point.

People on the waiting list could perhaps form their own car pool for the event. Post on the forum here with details to see if there is interest.

Michael MurrayMar 25 2011, 11:16amHi, I would be interested in being added to the waiting list or if a car pool is being arranged I could form part of it, please advise on 087 6677007. Tks michael
James DoranMar 25 2011, 11:59amHi Mick, I wont be able to make it tomorrow car packed in this morning. Sorry for the short notice.
Brendan PollardMar 25 2011, 12:00pmPol,Jeff,

really appreciate the offers of lifts and fact you guys willing to go out of way for me.

I definately need to drive now due to Daddy role & responsibility - My real boss has spoken. haha,

thanks again lads and see you on the course tomorrow.

Bren
Mick HanneyMar 25 2011, 12:06pmThanks James.

Loraine, you've a seat now.

Waiting List:
Joe Finnegan
Michael Murray
Mick HanneyMar 25 2011, 12:35pmJoe Finnegan you've a seat now.

Waiting list:
Michael Murray
Jeff SwordsMar 25 2011, 1:21pmBrendan, no probs.

Stephen, I'll give you a text later this evening letting you know what time I'll pick you up at.
Daniel HardimanMar 25 2011, 2:04pmHi Mick,

I'm sorry I won't be able to make it tomorrow as something came up at the last minute, really sorry for the late notice.

Dan
Diarmuid CollinsMar 25 2011, 2:18pmAnyone know if there is a lake / stream / river / sea near Johnny Foxes where I could have a wash after the race, may have to go to something semi respectable afterwards...
Michael MurrayMar 25 2011, 2:31pmHi Mick
Just checking if there is now a space for me on the bus? Tks Michael
Paul O'GradyMar 25 2011, 3:54pmHi Mick,

I'm not going to make tomorow unfortunatly.

Can you give someone else my seat on the bus?

Cheers

Paul
Justin DuttonMar 25 2011, 5:09pmHi Mick,

Any last minute seats left on the bus?

Thanks
Justin
Brendan PollardMar 25 2011, 5:25pmMick,

This may be a strange request but last comment from Michael reminded me to ask. After some of the races last year there was a stream\river nearby where some runners lay in up to waist high. This seemed to do wonders for recovery for me and due to fact I dont believe there is anything near by, do you think it would be possible to request Johnny foxes to setup barrel water outside with ice in it. I know if they did provide this I would gladly stand in for few minutes to aid recovery of legs.

Probably dreaming now but just thought Id ask.

Bren
Andreas KuschMar 25 2011, 7:15pmHi Mick, you can give Dermot Higgins' seat to someone else.
Mick HanneyMar 25 2011, 7:20pm
Thanks for everyone for notifying me of cancellations. Without those notices the system wouldn't work.

If there is any cancellations between now and race time please text me on 086 8539554. Thanks.

Seats now confirmed for:-
Michael Murray
Vanessa Sallier
Zoe Melling
Barry Tennyson
Paul Joyce

Waiting List:-
Justin Dutton
Dermot MurphyMar 25 2011, 8:15pmAh Brendan, c'mon! Is this not something you could try to organise yourself? I don't Johnnie Foxes would accomadte you, but absolutely no harm in asking - the worst the can say is no.
Mick HanneyMar 25 2011, 8:32pmJustin Dutton. Seat confirmed.
Niall RocheMar 25 2011, 8:47pmHi Mick,

I know it's pretty late but any chance of a spare seat left on the bus?

Cheers,

Niall
cormac o ceallaighMar 25 2011, 8:58pmHi, i knows its a long shot, but i'm looking for a seat on the bus ! or can try and car pool if needs be . 0 eight 7 -2four69280
cormac o ceallaighMar 25 2011, 9:02pmbrendan- drive back to the river at boranaltry bridge and leap in , be sure and bring the hip flask for afterwards as i'd say it will be baltic!
Mick HanneyMar 25 2011, 9:39pmNiall and Cormac. 2 seats confirmed.
Thats it. No more seat requests please.
Oscar Nieto CidMar 26 2011, 12:03amHi,

I'm sorry for the late notice but I wont make it tomorrow. Please give my seat to the next on the list.

Thanks,
Oscar
Brendan LawlorMar 26 2011, 12:15amFair play Mick, you have some patience!!
Mick HanneyMar 26 2011, 4:16pmUploading photos to imra site is problematic. I've loaded photos here in the first instance:- http://pix.ie/mickhanney/album/405565
Ken CowleyMar 26 2011, 5:57pmWell done to all the organisers and volunteers on a spectacular race and event. Legs wrecked, but really enjoyed it. After just doing the 25K version, all I can say is fair play to those ultra boys and girls..
Ken
Shane JenkinsonMar 26 2011, 6:31pmHere here! Well done everyone involved! Great race!
Donal TroddynMar 26 2011, 9:18pmI don't have the photos sorted yet, but this one ( http://i.imgur.com/XQSm4l.jpg ) was my favorite. Lookin' cool, Shane!
Dermot MurphyMar 26 2011, 9:41pmUltra results now up - if you notice any mistakes, please let me know.

Full Trail to follow later.

Trail results:

1st Male John Brown
2nd Male Brian Furey
3rd Male Gary Crossan

1st Female Donna Mahon
2nd Female Karen Alexander

I need to go through results for 3rd.
Ian McFarlaneMar 26 2011, 9:57pmGreat race!
Thanks to all organisers and volunteers.
And thanks for introducing me to some muscles I didn't know I had :0

Cheers,
Ian
Colm HillMar 26 2011, 10:00pmIan,

I promise you, you will find even more tomorrow when you try to get out of bed... and then get down a set of stairs.

C
Odhran HendleyMar 26 2011, 10:49pmFantastic Race,
Big Thank you to all the organisers,volenteers,runners and supporters along the Route. you all made a great route, Fantastic.

Odhran (Oh my Legs Hurt)

Odhran HendleyMar 26 2011, 10:50pmFantastic Race,
Big Thank you to all the organizers, volunteers, runners and supporters along the Route. You all made a great route, Fantastic.

Odhran (Oh my Legs Hurt)
Eavan CaseyMar 26 2011, 11:11pmHave lot of photos from top of Curtlestown, but will wait till trail results are up so I can sort the ultras from the trail runners.Well done to everyone who ran today, and to all the organisers.Great event!
Jacqui HowardMar 27 2011, 9:39amIf Carlsberg did Ultra Marathons.....

Well done to all the organisers, super day!!
simon mulveyMar 27 2011, 10:33amhi,just checked the wicklow trail results and noticed im down as did not finish ,that s a bit strange as i finished 4 th in about 1 hr 53 min and i handed over my number quickly to one of the lads on the laptop ,any chance someone could double check that for me .thank you.4
Dermot MurphyMar 27 2011, 10:52amSorry Simon, your result was just missed by me when I was typing them up. Your recorded time was 1 hour 52 minutes 34 seconds.

If anyone sees any other mistakes, can you please let us know by a forum note.

We will post up amended results this evening.
Ken CowleyMar 27 2011, 11:28amHi,
Just wondering did anyone find a key fob (for my apartment block) in the key bag yesterday?
It's grey coloured, and about the size and shape of a 2 euro coin.
Thanks,
Ken
des byrneMar 27 2011, 2:36pmHi. really enjoyed the Trail Run, could you please correct my number which should be 217 & not 262 which has me down as DNF. cheers
Dermot MurphyMar 27 2011, 3:07pmDes, the number 217 is for Helena Byrne this year. Your number is 262. Did you take the correct number at registration?
Dermot MurphyMar 27 2011, 3:09pmKen, I think I still have that, I thought is was just a key ring and I didn't realise it a key for something. Do you need it urgently?
Dermot MurphyMar 27 2011, 3:20pmDes - your number is 262 for this year, it was 217 in 2009. I'll amend the result later.
I presume Helena (number 217) did not enter yesterday??
Torben DahlMar 27 2011, 4:33pmThanks to Mick and all the others for organizing this great run!! Dermot, can you have a look at why my number appears as DNF? I completed the full race in 2.00.54. Race no. 369. Cheers.

Torben
Ken CowleyMar 27 2011, 4:47pmDermot,
That's great that you might have my key fob (must have got disentangled from my bunch of keys in the key bag) and no I don't need it urgently. If you're going to be at the Tonlegee race in a few weeks, might get it off you then?
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Ken
Rene BorgMar 27 2011, 5:39pmI have now added my photos online: https://picasaweb.google.com/RennyBourke/WicklowWayTrail2011#

I'll need to run a second sweep of them all to see which ones are good enough for upload on the website, so I'll leave them here for now.
Geraldine O'SheaMar 27 2011, 5:41pmI have a pair of navy gloves (which I think belong to Brian Furey) and a brown/cream stripey hat which were left at the water station in Curtlestown. To arrange to get them back please email me - geraldine_oshea at yahoo dot ie
Dermot MurphyMar 27 2011, 7:15pmKen - I have the fob alright. I will be at the Tonlegee race so I can give it to you then.
Eavan CaseyMar 27 2011, 7:19pmI have added my photos from the top of Curtlestown hill into the trail and ultra folders. They didn't all upload in the right order, but most of you are in there somewhere:)
Dermot MurphyMar 28 2011, 10:43amMany thanks to all the volunteers who helped out on Saturday.

Big thanks to Mick for organising the buses, not only on the day itself but in the weeks before itself. This worked out well again this year.

Car parking marshals, a number of car parking marshals at various times did a great job in directing the traffic and keeping the car park beside JF's free.

Registration - thanks to all who helped out at registration - Bronagh, Jason, Angela, Eoin, Richard and anyone else I've missed.

Big thank you to all the marshals at the water stations - very much appreciated by all runners - Eoin & Richard at halfway, Henny at Lough Tay, Mary and Sean at Crone Wood, Geraldine at Curtlestown, plus any others who also helped out.

Thanks also to Charlie, Eoin & Richard for their help at the finish.

Thanks to all who took photo's along the course.

A final thanks to anyone else I've missed above!
Mick HanneyMar 28 2011, 1:37pmThanks Dermot who made the event really happen. Well done to all competitors.

Any race reports out there?

Thanks all who availed of the bus. It worked well. Alpine coaches facilitated us very well. It still requires quite a bit of coordination. Ideally the car pool function would allow people to cancel a booking so that would show seats that are freeing up. That would save some of the management overhead.

A suggestion for future years perhaps. It can be cold when people get to Ballinastoe but once you start running you can warm up.. If people could drop tagged gear into a bag at the start that could be brought back to the finish? Any gear uncollected could go to charity, its up to people to collect after the race what they dropped into bag at start.

Lastly, car pooling. There wasn't much evidence of people using car pooling to get to Johnny Foxes. We have to improve on this. We had to use parking beside the church near Johnny Foxes as the initial car parked filled very quickly.
Mick HanneyMar 28 2011, 1:46pmGreat to see overseas hill runners coming to IMRA events. The winner on Saturday was top quality, having represented Salford Harriers and Great Britain for a tenth time at the World Mountain Running Championships in Kamnik in Slovenia on Sunday 5th September 2010. On that occasion he finished 54th and was 2nd British athlete. That winning time from Saturday sets a very good target.
Brendan PollardMar 28 2011, 4:43pmOhh my legs. the pain. haha.
Great bunch of friendly, decent & helpful people.

Great day - thank you!
Bren
Torben DahlMar 29 2011, 7:11amDermot,
Can you please also look at amending my result, please? I finished in 2.00.54 just ahead of no. 558. My no. is 369, but still showing as DNF. Thanks.
Torben
Ken CowleyMar 30 2011, 4:02pmHave just put up a report.
That's two reports up there now.
John CondonMar 30 2011, 5:39pmHi, Just want to say thanks to all who organised the race on Sunday. One of my favourite runs. Job well done.
Jane PorterMar 30 2011, 5:46pmPhotos of Saturday taken at bridge near Crone are up on the site at last. Sorry for the delay...encountered some technical difficulties! We also have video footage but it needs editing before it is put up anywhere. Is there a limit on how long a video you can upload on you tube?
Ian BurkeMar 30 2011, 8:10pmHi,

I handed a yellow illuminous top to one of the marshalls near the start of the race at the point where we joined the Wicklow Way - just wondering does any know anything about it.

Thanks
Donal TroddynMar 30 2011, 8:21pmJane, uploads must be under 15 minutes and under 2 GB on Youtube. If it's much longer or has a bigger filesize, I can organise hosting for you.
Mick HanneyMar 30 2011, 11:35pmRemaining trail photos uploaded. All from in and around the JB Malone memorial above Lough Tay. Many of taken my little helper, my 10 year old son, Ben.

By the way, I notice that some trail photos are loaded up on the ultra race. Can't really be helped as its difficult to distinguish runners in both races.