Irish Mountain
Running Association

The Sugar Bowl

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Rachel CinnsealachJun 18 2010, 12:23pmHi folk's,

I am looking for volunteers for the Sugar Bowl. -To help with the race. Conor/and Justin will be seperately looking for volunteers for the BBQ.

I need a laptop operator and I need more non running volunteers. I have six running volunteers to date, so that is enough running volunteers.

I am away from today until the first of July, so if you volunteer, I'll be in touch and accept you on the forum after that.

Thanks in advance.

rach.
Charlie O'ConnellJun 18 2010, 7:30pmHi Rachel

I can help and will not be running. Enjoy your hols.

Charlie
Charlie O'ConnellJun 18 2010, 7:30pmHi Rachel

I can help and will not be running. Enjoy your hols.

Charlie
Damian KellyJun 19 2010, 10:15pmHi Rachel,

I would like to volunteer as non running volunteer.

If you need help you can contact me at damiankelly74@gmail.com.

Regards

Damian Kelly
mikey fryJun 21 2010, 8:21pmhi rachael would like to volunteer for this race and run thanks mikey
Paul WhyteJun 22 2010, 1:16pmHi Rachel,
I would like to volunteer for this race. I can be a non running volunteer if required. Cheers Paul
Rachel CinnsealachJul 1 2010, 3:00pmHi folk's

I am looking for a lap top operator for this race..... any takers?

Thanks to all who have volunteered. I have 6 running helpers and 6 non runner helps... so this is enough.

Conor and Justin maybe looking for more helpers with the BBQ though.

rach.
eoin hardimanJul 1 2010, 7:09pmHi All,

I'm happy to voluteer for the BBQ if anyone is required.

thanks

eoin
seamus kilcullenJul 2 2010, 7:40pmHi Rachel,
I'd like to volunter for the Sugar Loaf.Not running.
Seamus Kilcullen
Rachel CinnsealachJul 3 2010, 9:56pmHi folk's,

Could anyone volunteering for the Sugar Bowl race, please be at the GlenCormac Inn at 6.15 pm.

Also if you could email me at rachelcinnsealach at googlemail dot com that would be great, then I can email you back and give you a job description :)

rach.

Paul ByrneJul 5 2010, 8:41amHi,

Just wondering where can I register for the day for the sugar bowl and what the latest I can register.

Thank You
Dermot MurphyJul 5 2010, 8:51amHi Paul, do you want to help out with the race, or with the BBQ? If you want to help out with the race, you would really need to register today, as Rachel will know who is available so she can allocate out roles etc.

If you want to help out with the BBQ, you should register on the day - it will be assumed that anyone adding their name to the volunteer list on the day are volunteering for the BBQ.
Mick HanneyJul 5 2010, 2:31pm
Has anyone ventured out recently on the single track which you start out on in the Sugarbowl race? In previous years, if I'm not mistaken, this has been overgrown and some trimming back was needed before the race could be run?
Rachel CinnsealachJul 5 2010, 2:35pmHi Mick,

I am going to do a recce of the route tonight.

Niall Mc Lindon (Course marker), did a recce a few weeks ago, but never mentioned anything about hedges needing to be trimed.

I'll check int out.

rach.
Niall LarkinJul 5 2010, 3:03pmHi Rachel,

I will be around on the night and wont be running so can help if you like.

Niall
Rachel CinnsealachJul 6 2010, 12:26pmThanks Niall for volunteering, I actually have enough volunteers at this stage. -I don't want people volunteering and then me not having jobs for them to do :)

There are plenty of races coming up though were volunteers will be needed. If people could get trained up on the laptop that would be great, it's really hard to get people to do laptop operator.

rach.
Sean BroderickJul 6 2010, 1:31pmHi everyone,

Further to Rachel's point above on the laptop operator would it be possible to schedule another round of Laptop Operator Training and RD Training? I assume its the same heads actually doing these jobs most of the time and with the influx of new runners I think it would be great to get the newbies trained up on these. I missed out on the training in January and I see none is scheduled for the rest of the year.

Thanks,

sean
Shay FoodyJul 6 2010, 1:46pmThere is a bus, number 84X, leaving Eden Quay at 17:30 that will get you to the event on time.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/84x/

Note that there are two 84X's leaving at the same time - it is the one heading for Newtownmountkennedy that you need to get.
Michelle Rowley Jul 6 2010, 11:24pmHi, I have just seen that someone has accepted a lift from me for the Sugar Bowl race. However I am not sure who you are, where to pick you up or what time!! I would be delighted to give you lift...Does the message come though via my phone or email?? I have heard nothing...Regards, Michelle.
Jeff SwordsJul 7 2010, 10:01amHi,

What's the parking situation for this race, i.e. where, capacity etc ?

Cheers,
Jeff.
Fergal NooneJul 7 2010, 11:00amHi Michelle,
There seems to be something wrong with the car booking system. I'm not the person from yesterday but I tried booking the remaining seat with you this morning and have yet to receive a confirmation. Can you email me on fergal underscore noone at hotmail.com (assuming it's still available of course).
Regards,
Fergal
Paul CollinsJul 7 2010, 11:03pmThanks for the great run on the sugarloaf! BBQ was great!
Im hoping to volunteer for some of the upcoming races, could
someone please invite me to MYIMRA...
My mobile number is 085 8230331, Thanks
Mick HanneyJul 7 2010, 11:32pm+1 to that. Well done Rachel and helpers. Also to the BBQ volunteers. BBQ was excellent as ever.

Invite sent Paul.
Mick HanneyJul 8 2010, 7:07am
I took the race director gear last night to check it before the next race. Coming away from the race I realised I didn't have the first aid.. so whoever has that can they let me know please mickhanney at ireland dot com.

Also, someone might have some of the marking gear as what was loaded up appeared very light on marking stuff? Thanks.

Gillesa O'SheaJul 8 2010, 10:33amHi Rachel

Thanks for the race last night. It was great (and tough!).
I finished just ahead of Emma Reardan but my name is not listed in the results. Must have been so fast I just slipped past the clipboard person at the end ha ha.
Thanks
Gilly O'Shea
Rene BorgJul 8 2010, 11:17amTeam results are up.
Rachel CinnsealachJul 8 2010, 3:17pmHi Mick,

I gave the First Aid stuff to Kevin O Riodan, who also has the Laptop :)

Niall Mc Linden has the rest of the marking stuff and all the signs etc....

Gilly could you email Kevin at kevin dot oriordan at imra dot ie and he will enter your result for you.

A special thanks to all my volunteers last night, it go a bit manic at times, but ye did great :)

rach.
Vivian O' GormanJul 8 2010, 6:29pm
Did anybody pick up a pair of sandles in the car park. I left them behind!

Thanks.
Rene BorgJul 8 2010, 6:30pmHi Vivian, if it's a pair of brown North Face then I've got them.

-Rene
Colm MoranJul 8 2010, 9:05pmEmm, i think a couple of short course runners may have been put in the long results..?
Vivian O' GormanJul 8 2010, 9:17pm
Thats them Rene thanks.I'll get them from you the next time I see you.
Mick HanneyJul 9 2010, 12:30pmEamonn I think you are right. With the tight finishes of late the IMRA computer will need to accomodate fraction of a second gaps between runners :-)

BTW, I loved that steep mud bank! One of the best bits on the course.
Barry TennysonJul 9 2010, 3:07pmErcus Stewart had a dramatic fall on the Sugarloaf but he was alive and kicking when I met him this morning in the Four Courts. I have posted his photograph at the bottom of the Photos page for the Event. You would not recognize him. His only complaint was that 14 runners passed him during the tumble !
Mick HanneyJul 13 2010, 10:25amAt tomorrow's race I'll have the club prize vouchers from the Sugarbowl for the UCD (mens) and Sli Cualann (ladies) teams.