Irish Mountain
Running Association

Charles Barrington Memorial Race

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Douglas BarryDec 9 2009, 7:00pmJust a note to ask any runners who finished in the top three men or top three women in any IMRA race in the last two years who intend doing the above race up and down the Sugarloaf on Sun 27/12/09 to contact me directly at imra at iol.ie

I have to send a press release to the local media sharpish and I'd of course like to mention those who are likely to be battling it out over the jagged, ragged rocks, rather than pitching out a few names in hope.

For those of you who don't know what it is all about, it's the annual Sugarloaf race to commemorate Charles Barrington the first man to climb the Eiger and a man who organised the first ever recorded mountain race in Ireland up the self same Sugarloaf. Here's a link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Barrington_(mountaineer)

And don't be shy, tell me you're going to be there, and we'll try to keep truth in the news.

Douglas Barry
Peter O'FarrellDec 9 2009, 9:46pmi can mark it too if you want :)
Justin ReaDec 11 2009, 4:46pmCan you knock back the gorse a bit too? Where's Brendan D when you need him ;-)
Rob CostelloDec 26 2009, 1:35amHi all,

Would anybody be driving to this from Dublin city centre or nearby? I'm back from Australia for Christmas and would love to give this one a go but don't have a car to drive to it.

Cheers,
Rob
Mary HealyDec 26 2009, 11:01pmRob, unless you get a better offer, grab a 46A from city centre to Galloping Green busstop (25mins approx) and I can give you a lift from there. Im leaving 10.30 - 10.45am. Give your contact phone no/email with your reply and I will contact you. No problem if you decide to go with someone else.
Paul Morrissey2Dec 27 2009, 5:26pmThanks Douglas et al for the race today, ice made for an intersting albeit slower race... special thanks to the 2 brave souls anchored at the top of the Sugarloaf for a good 40 minutes!!
Douglas BarryDec 28 2009, 11:44amFOUND: in the GAA clubhouse afterwards. A lightweight running top and a pair of running shoes. If you think they're yours email me imra at iol.ie or text me on 086 6069316