Irish Mountain
Running Association

Leinster Schools

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
John MayeSep 3 2009, 4:39pmHi all,
Are the provincial championships being used as trials for the Schools International team or will there be another trial after the event before the British and Irish Championships? If the provincial championships are the trial are the age groups changed to fit in with the international dates?
Thanks.
Gerry BradySep 3 2009, 5:37pmJohn, provincial schools are being used. Basic race information plus trial map is on website. Schools 2009/2010 dates will be used (e.g. Junior race is under 15 on July 1st 2010). British and Irish team will be selected from comparing performances and times of athletes born in 1991/1992 and 1993/1994. Munsters trial is on Galtees.
Daithi O MurchuSep 5 2009, 11:20pmHi,
I am a student in St.Aidans CBS in Whitehall.I wanted to take part in the Leinsters on the 23rd of September but had a querry about the age restrictions.It says on the entry form that for the senior race you have to be U-19 on the 1st of July 2010, I will 19 on the 1st of July 2010 and was wondering if I would still be ledgible to run,
Thanks
Gerry BradySep 8 2009, 11:49pm
Daithi
Apologies that date was a mistake. The correct date is under 19 on 1st January 2010. The entry form has been amended. You are eligible so hope to see you and some more of the outstanding runners that your school has been producing since the days of Brother Clarke in the 1970s!
seamus kilcullenSep 14 2009, 12:18pmI'd like to volunteer for the schools race on 23rd Sept.
could somebody invite me to get into myIMRA?
Colm MoranSep 14 2009, 6:29pmHi,
I am in The Highschool in Rathgar and would like to run at this race as a senior, but i am not sure if my school has a team. I presume my school has to enter me, and if they don't have a team, i don't know that they will enter me in time considering the deadline is in 2 days.
mags greenanSep 20 2009, 9:22pmYou can enter as an individual even though your school does not have a team. Just email Gerry Brady even at this late stage or just turn up on the day and we will sort you out. Mags Greenan
Colm Moran Sep 20 2009, 9:33pmok,
cheers i will send an e-mail
mags greenanSep 21 2009, 10:51pmThanks Seamus for volunteering ring Mags at 086 8144945.
Gerry BradySep 23 2009, 8:29pmBrief Leinster schools race results in race report. Full results and photos to follow.
mags greenanSep 23 2009, 8:39pmWell done to all the runners in the leinster schools today. Some great racing and marvelous results. I hope you all enjoyed the day. Many thanks to my bunch of hard working volunteers, Peter, Helen , Vivian , Leo and friend, Seamus Tom Flood,Sinead my daughter, Husband Seamus, Phototgrapher John Shields and last but by far from least Gerry who did trojan work as usual. Hope I did'nt leave out anyone and get well soon Brendan.
For those who raced today and enjoyed the experience keep an eye to the IMRA web site and all the races. The next big school race will be the all Ireland in March and that is the qualifer for the first International of the year. In all there are four potentional internationals. The developemental race in Itaily for 16 - 18 yrs olds, then the Europeans and Worlds followed by the English and Irish international which we will be hosting in 2010. So it is worth practicing on the hills and getting yourself in shape by next March. Hill running is also most beneficial to your cross country running and will give you that extra edge on your competitors! Good luck to all.Mags Greenan
Gerry BradySep 23 2009, 11:59pmProvisional results at: http://www.imra.ie/ad-hoc/2009LSResultsweb.doc
John ShielsSep 24 2009, 8:57amPhotos from yesterday's races are now up on the web.
Please do not tag this photos as the runner's numbers do not match the standard IMRA numbers and will cause confusion.
Thanks,
John