Irish Mountain
Running Association

World Trial (Crone Wood)

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Gerry BradyAug 4 2009, 11:12pmThe race information sheet for the inter-counties & World trial race is on the IMRA race web page. Note there are two race start times at 12:00 (1 and 2 laps races) and at 12:10 (3 laps race). Note also that the finish location is where the lap ends and not where the races start. There should be a large number of runners of all standards in the races.

On the day the county results will be done manually (county team sheets will be available at registration) so please enter your name and race number on the relevant sheet for your county. There will be engraved national medals for the first three womens and mens counties (any number to run, fastest three count). The final race and county results will be as posted from the laptop system so please make sure you have registered your county in the laptop or email it to me along with your race number: gerry.brady at imra.ie

More volunteers needed if anyone is available and a photographer for out on the course.
Rene BorgAug 8 2009, 5:55pmClub results for this event are now up. Results from today\'s race mean Rathfarnham won the club competition for the Irish Championships. Three other teams managed to complete 3 or more races finishing in this order: 2nd Clonliffe, 3rd Bilboa AC and 4th Boards AC.

Full table to be uploaded shortly.
Rene BorgAug 8 2009, 6:03pmResults of the National Inter-Counties are now up, congratulations to Dublin who took the win in both gender categories.
Rene BorgAug 8 2009, 6:09pmSeveral new course records were set today on the Crone Wood were runners could perhaps avail of the fairer weather than last year:

- Stephen Scullion time of 51:25 was 20 seconds faster than Stephen Duncan\'s senior men\'s record from last year.
- Edel Mooney\'s time of 40:08 was 2:19 faster than Angela Speight\'s senior ladies\' record from lat year
- Jonathon Phillips time of 37:49 was 2:46 faster than Eoin Rowan\'s junior men record from last year

Diarmud O\'Colmain and Mick Kellet were the first M60 and M70 to complete this course thus setting records of 53:41 and 66:17 respectively (over-60s compete on the two-lap course).
Gerry BradyAug 8 2009, 9:19pmRace report now up. Thanks to all the volunteers who made the race possible, the athletes for making the race, and Douglas Barry and John Denny for recording it (I put my own on flickr after seeing the quality of theirs). Thanks also to Justin Keatinge for adding the county variable to the laptop results.
Douglas BarryAug 26 2009, 10:42pmAt the World Trial, thanks to the variable weather on the day, I was lucky enough to get a pic of Padraig MacCriostal running above a rainbow in Glencree. As the IMRA site doesn't allow you to see the pic in large size, here is a link to it on Flickr for those of you who may interested.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50543475@N00/3801499007/sizes/l/

Douglas