Irish Mountain
Running Association

European Masters: Lenzerheide, Switzerland

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
gerry bradyFeb 7 2008, 10:40pmhttp://www.graubuenden-marathon.ch/tmp/DOK/div/Senioren_Berglauf_2008_web.pdf

The course details for the European masters on 28 June are now on the IMRA events web page (see web pdf link above for brochure). This will be the 2nd holding of this event and it is again organised by the European Veterans Athletic Association. The body responsible for coordinating entries from Ireland is the Irish Masters Athletes Association. However they may delegate authority for coordinating entries for this race to IMRA.

A completed entry form with entry fee must be submitted by 25th April to the person coordinating entries for Ireland. That person will validate and forward the entries to the EVAA. There are team competitions based on time and 10 year age groups (35+40, 45+50, 55+60, 65+). The course is tough: 6.5 km uphill with a 970m climb. However there are great opportunities here for strong Irish teams to do well particularly in the Women 35+40 and Men 45+50 team competitions.
gerry bradyApr 2 2008, 12:29amClosing date for entries is Friday 25th April. Contact gerry.brady@imra.ie if you need a race brochure with entry form or download off internet). Entries (with fees, make cheques payable to Irish Master Athletes Association) must be sent to me for forwarding to the IMMA. Direct entries are not possible. Promises to be a great event.
gb Apr 22 2008, 11:38pmReminder of imminent closing date.
Martin Mc DonaldApr 24 2008, 10:15pmHi gerry,could you fill out an entry form for me heres my date of birth 29/12/56.Finding it hard to contact sean.Thanks
gerry bradyApr 24 2008, 10:59pm8 individual entries including two complete teams
W35/W40: Aisling Coppinger, Anne Sandford, Zoe Melling
W45/W50: Mags Greenan, Tish McCann
M45/M50: Martin McDonald, Sean Foley, Gerry Brady
gb Apr 24 2008, 11:16pmNeed a W45/W50 who would like to win a European championships team medal!
tish mccannApr 28 2008, 2:32pmHi Gerry
Further to our conversation on Sat. I would be very interested in a place on the ladies 44+ team
gb May 16 2008, 9:57pmA link to the entries to-date has been added to the IMRA web page for the European masters, see http://services.datasport.com/2008/lauf/grmarathon/

Ireland has a W35+W40 team and an M45+M50 team and is one short of a W45+W50 team. Looking at the entries to-date, our two teams will do well!
gerry bradyJun 26 2008, 8:34amA relatively large group of 8 IMRA runners heads off today looking for individual and team success in the European masters on Saturday in Switzerland. Aisling Coppinger, Mags Greenan and Martin McDonald all have particularly good chances of finishing in the individual medals as has the W35/40 team of Aisling, Zoe Melling ad Anne Sandford.
gb Jun 28 2008, 2:31pmProvisional results posted on results page.
Barry MinnockJun 30 2008, 9:18amAbsolutely fantastic results from everyone on the team, but of course particular praise for Aisling & Mags. Comfortable winners in a European field - amazing!
Robbie BrysonJul 5 2008, 2:05pmWell done to Aisling and Mags. A mighty piece of running. Robbie and Joan
Tressan McCambridgeJul 6 2008, 11:29amWell done to all the team, especially Aisling and Mags. You did us proud!
John LenihanJul 6 2008, 11:28pm
Hi all,

Just like to say what great reading the results of the recent European mountain running c'ships make, isn't it just great to see Ireland making such an impact in the sport and full credit to everyone who went out and did their part for their country.

I must say that it' s very encouraging to see my team mates of 10 to 15 years ago are still showing the same fight and spirit as they did when we ran together in the senior team, the self belief and never say die spirit that those boys showed in those years made them very hard competitors to beat and its great to see that it's still there today, I speak of course of my good friends Martin McDonald and Gerry Brady who i see finished 4th and 7th, well done lads.

To finish up I'd like to say that pride of place has to go to our 2 gold medalists Aisling and Mags, what a performance, this result can only instill determination and faith in Irish mountain running and hopefully that it will have a positive knock on effect to our senior and up and coming young athletes, well done ladies we're all very proud of ye.