Irish Mountain
Running Association

Slieve Bloom Marathon

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Linda CarrollMay 5 2023, 7:43pmHi .
I am a little nervous about registering for this event , I so want to do it but I am wondering, is there a possibility of getting lost , I am not the best with trying to follow routes on my watch . Also second question is there a cut of time you have to make for the marathon , I not the fastest runner either .
Thanks
Linda
Gaelan ElliffeMay 5 2023, 10:52pmHi Linda,

Thanks for posting the above questions.

There is no cut off time for the Marathon and Half-marathon races, as the Slieve Bloom Way SBW(Ultra) race will still be taking place and Marshalls will be on checkpoints anyway.
This might help with some of your concern.

As with other long distance trails, the SBW is fully way marked, in this case with yellow men. The Marathon route has three deviations from the yellow markers, which will be highlighted/signposted and these deviations will be well marked on the day for the marathon.

Saying all this there is FB group set up to help people meet others to recce the route and ask questions to familiarise themselves with it.

As with any marathon in a mountain and trail environment it can be quite physically and mentally engaging. If anyone is not confident of their abilities from a safety point of view to run the marathon. The Half-marathon (25km) while still quite demanding might be a more sensible option.

The marathon route is a really pleasant route with a mix of single track, mountain trails, boardwalks, fire-road and some road. It is picturesque in places, hugging the river barrow and progressing onto the ridge of Capard, passing through Monicknew, and crossing the Silver River before finishing in Clonaslee at Brittas Woods. It is a very runnable course with 1000m of height gain while also has technical ground in places.
Johan van der MerweMay 6 2023, 7:11pmHi Linda

I ran the route from Glenbarrow to Kinnitty today and found the route marked very clearly all the way.

The section of Ridge of Cappard was fairly muddy but the rest was dry.

Regards
Johan
Linda CarrollMay 6 2023, 8:15pmThanks for the messages everyone. I hope to get up to recce the route in the next few weeks.
Thanks
Gaelan ElliffeMay 16 2023, 10:51pmThe IMRA Slieve Bloom Marathon has plenty of varied terrain. It has great single track sections at Glenbarrow, Monicknew and along the Silver River.

It also passes through the wonderful Kinnitty Woods and Brittas Woods. It has some open mountain, board-walk, fireroad and some regional roads too.

At 43km with 1000m of ascent it's a lovely loop of the Slieve Bloom Mountains showing quite a few of the highlights.
Ken CowleyMay 17 2023, 9:56amAs a runner who has done most of his running in Dublin/Wicklow, but with my mother being from Roscrea, I have a big soft spot for the Slieve Blooms which are gorgeous, and are a very under-rated recreation area in our country, and superb for hiking and running. I don't live in Ireland any more so I won't be able to make it, but well done to IMRA, Gaelan and her team, and I hope it goes very well for you all on the 24th June!
Gaelan ElliffeMay 19 2023, 9:32pmKen, thank you for your words of encouragement. The Slieve Blooms certainly are a great running location.

I think it safe to say last year's Arderin -Clear Lake Race in the Slieve Blooms was well received and left people with a good impression of the area. Although these 3 races are a different sort they have many things to entice runners.

I am certainly looking forward to the upcoming events. We have a good, enthusiastic crew organising. We have everything online for great races. At the minute we just need more volunteers for the races. People to help marshall the course /aid stations and first aiders are priority.

The Arderin-Clear Lake race takes place on July 9th this year.

PS. Ken you might be disappointed by my masculine build if you meet me in person :-)
JUDITH ROBINSONMay 22 2023, 10:17amHi - I am from The Mournes area & love the sound of Slieve Bloom. Do I have to purchase an IMRA membership even though I will only be entering one event? Thanks, Judith.
Niamh KellyMay 22 2023, 10:29amHi Judith

Yes, you would have to be a member of IMRA to be able to register for the event

IMRA MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE FOR 2023

All competitors must be IMRA members. IMRA membership costs €10 for a calendar year. It is unrelated to membership of other athletic clubs. IMRA membership cannot be purchased at the race, you must follow these steps beforehand:

Login to your "myimra" account on www.imra.ie.

Go to the PURCHASE IMRA PRODUCTS page and purchase 2023 membership using a credit/debit card.

Bring the membership confirmation email containing your race number for the year with you to your first race of the year

Collect your IMRA number at your first race, and hold on to it, as it's valid for the full year.
JUDITH ROBINSONMay 22 2023, 3:47pmHi Niamh - many thanks! Can you suggest reasonably priced accommodation near to the startline, please? J
Niamh KellyMay 22 2023, 3:59pmHi Judith,

I do not know of any personally, but you can check out https://slievebloom.ie/where-to-stay/glamping-camping or booking.com
hopefully, something to suit there
Gaelan ElliffeMay 22 2023, 4:19pmHi Judith,

If the villages nearby are full. An option might be to stay in a town 20mins away from Clonaslee. It might even be in the direction you plan to travel from. That way it wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience.
JUDITH ROBINSONMay 22 2023, 5:05pmThanks for replies - travelling from Newry direction.
JUDITH ROBINSONMay 22 2023, 7:36pmCheapest is £70 for one night ....any other suggstions appreciated!
JUDITH ROBINSONMay 22 2023, 7:36pmCheapest is £70 for one night ....any other suggestions appreciated!
Gaelan ElliffeMay 22 2023, 9:14pmYikes!

There is a problem all across Ireland at the minute with accommodation. Once upon a time cheap accommodation now has sky high prices.

Before the Aherlow race last September, I camped and had the best night's sleep in a long time without the two little ones.

Perhaps an Airbnb or BnB somewhere close-ish might break the journey for you.
Mark McInerneyMay 22 2023, 9:42pmThis is why I'm buying a motorhome once I win the Lotto! Haha
John HealyMay 22 2023, 9:55pmFolks
I live locally. If you cant source accomodation, send me an email at jonny9936@gmail.com. Cant promise anything but Ill try to come up with possible options.
Eoin KellyMay 22 2023, 10:24pmHi guys, any nearby camping options? Might give that a try for the night before. Thanks
Noel DonohoeMay 23 2023, 8:55pmI see the start and finish are in different locations. do competitors figure out the shuttle themselves or is there a plan?
I read that cars should be parked at the community hall area Clonaslee.
Gaelan ElliffeMay 24 2023, 1:25pmRunners will be bussed from the Community Centre to the starting point near Glenbarrow Trailhead. Runners for the Marathon are asked to park at the Community Centre.

Logistically and space wise there wouldn't be parking for people to leave their cars at the race start. So to avoid a number of issues we decided to arrange busses for the Marathon and Half-ish (25km) races

All the details are on the event page.
Marlin ChettikMay 25 2023, 4:12pmHi,
If I purchase an entry for the marathon but closer to the date I don't feel like going for that distance, will I be able to change for the 25k option?
Thanks
Brian SmythMay 27 2023, 1:11pmHi Marlin , it’s not something we encourage to be honest, as it creates more workload for our volunteers .
Come see us at registration on the morning if you still feel like dropping down to 25km.

I’m sure you will fly it through the marathon though ; )

Thanks , Brian
Gaelan ElliffeMay 31 2023, 8:30pmI would like to make an appeal to people who might be interested in volunteering for one of the three races on June 24th in the Slieve Bloom Mountains. If this date doesn't suit the Arderin-Clear Lake race on July 9th might suit instead.

We have done our best to keep costs low for the three Slieve Bloom Way races. We would really appreciate any help people can offer. It is volunteers which allow these races take place.
We need first aiders, help with registration and the finish line, marshalls to help at aid stations along the route and help with refreshments. There is space for some running(racing) volunteers too.

It has been great to hear the enthusiasm people have for the area. I've come across plenty of people out running on these trails in recent months.

The IMRA committee have been very supportive of these three races and I'm really looking forward to welcoming people for these races. As it's not (yet)an established mountain running area I would ask anyone on the fence, thinking about maybe volunteering to consider helping out. To make the first time these events run be successful.

The Slieve Bloom Mountains are very centrally located and are a short drive from large parts of the country. Entries for the Marathon and the Half-ish 25km race are still open until Saturday June 10th.
Gaelan ElliffeJun 2 2023, 10:53pmThe following group has been set up to help people find out info on the route for all three races:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/875422903524842/

It might come in useful when reccing the route(sharing images etc) or arranging to meet up with others.

There's a lot of info on the three relevant event pages but
Feel free to ask in here. I appreciate not everyone uses FB.
Gaelan ElliffeJun 6 2023, 5:55pmEntries for the upcoming IMRA Slieve Bloom Marathon and Half-ish Marathon(25km) taking place on June 24th, along with the chance to buy the lovely stylish t-shirt for €10 will be closing this Saturday June 10th @6pm. Please share this post with friends and running groups you think may be interested.
See https://imra.ie/events/ for details on the races.

It is great to hear the enthusiasm people have for these upcoming races and we are very much looking forward to welcoming runners to the wonderful mountains of Laois&Offaly.

We are looking for volunteers to help out on the day. It is volunteers which allow these races to take place. We have done our best to keep the costs of the 3 races to a minimum. We greatly appreciate the help and support from the IMRA committee to get these races on the events calendar but we are seeking support from the wider IMRA community to help us ensure the races go smoothly on the day and help the area become established in trial and mountain running.

We are currently looking for volunteers for the following roles:
Help with registration and car parking,
First Aiders
A laptop operator
Marshalls to help around the course and to person aid stations/bag drops
Help at the finish line
Help with refreshments
We are looking for running and non-running volunteers.

If you have questions about volunteering please feel free to reach out to any of the three race directors.

Both the Marathon and Half-ish Marathon have a number of very nice scenic sections on their routes with some nice river sections on both routes. The ground is quite varied with single track, forestry tracks, board walk and some road sections. The Marathon has some
mountain path/bog too.

There are more details on each individual event page (linked above).

The Slieve Bloom Mountains are centrally located in Ireland with many cities being a short drive away.
Dublin M50 1hr drive
Kilkenny 1hr drive
Limerick 1hr 10mins
Galway 1hr 20
Gaelan ElliffeJun 9 2023, 4:59pmIt nice to see lots of people signing up for the three Slieve Bloom Way Races.
Can I please ask again if anyone would be able to help us out for the Half-ish 25km race or the marathon.

We are looking for first aiders for both and Marshalls to help with aid stations and bag drops along the course.

The half marathon is also looking for a laptop operator too.
Any help is greatly appreciated. These roles are vital for the races to go ahead.

Also, race entries for the half and marathon close at 6PM Saturday. Please spread the word about entries closing and our need for more volunteers.
Thank you guys .
Gaelan ElliffeJun 14 2023, 11:20pmSorry me again :-D

Someone has kindly volunteered as a first aider for the Half-ish 25km race, however it is important we have a first aider at the marathon race also.

We are still looking for
a first aider for the marathon
A laptop operator for the half
Marshalls to help out on the day.

Help at registration and with refreshments at the finish line.
There is space for running volunteers also.

We greatly appreciate everyone's help. It is wonderful to see the work people have put in to getting the race organised so far. We are really looking forward to welcoming everyone to the Slieve Bloom Mountains.

Some of the above roles are vital for the race and others will make the organising teams roles easier and everyone's race day experience more enjoyable.

Perhaps someone has the day penciled into their calendar but due to injury can't run or perhaps a family member might be travelling for the day with you and would be willing to volunteer.

Please spread the word about how we are in need of more volunteers for these races.

For newer runners it is a very good way to get to see what the three races are about and to get to meet people too.

See the volunteering section on each event page.
Mark McInerneyJun 17 2023, 8:32amHi folks. Not long to go now....

Can I ask when will the busses leave the community centre. Just want to make sure I give myself enough time. Many thanks in advance
Gaelan ElliffeJun 17 2023, 2:50pmHi Mark,

I have updated the event page with the following info:

The marathon registration is from 8:30-9:00 at Clonaslee Community Centre. The bus leaves at 9:15.

Cheers,
Gaelan
Mark McInerneyJun 17 2023, 4:19pmLovely work. Many thanks for all the organising. Incredible achievement with so many races on the same day. And not with an exorbitant fee like Eco this year. Well done to all involved.
Gaelan ElliffeJun 17 2023, 5:30pmYou're very welcome Mark. I can't comment on races I haven't ran. The voluntary ethos, friendly people and the not for profit set up are amongst the things which appeal to me about IMRA. All these races are made possible by volunteers. Which we still need a few more running and non running of next Saturday.
Gaelan ElliffeJun 18 2023, 11:14pmSome points to note regarding the upcoming Slieve Bloom Way races. (see below for more detail on each item)

High Viz clothing and the mandatory kit list
Way Markers and navigation
Livestock in fields
Leave no Trace
Slippy/ damaged boardwalk
Very limited parking on the route

With the races being one week away and with the route in great condition, we hope you are as excited about the races as we are . There is great enthusiasm out there and we have gotten feedback that peoples recces of the route have gone well. It has been wonderful to see people volunteering to help out with the three races. Thank you very much to everyone who has volunteered so far. We still have a need for more volunteers on the day. Please see recent posts on facebook and the IMRA forum.

High Viz clothing and the mandatory kit list
Each race event page on www.imra.ie has mandatory kit listed. The half-ish race only has a couple of items. The main item I wish to highlight is that the Marathon and Ultra races require either high viz clothing or a high viz jacket. While all 3 races have a variety of terrain there are road sections on each route. It is important you are highly visible to other road users and obey the rules of the road.

Way Markers and navigation
The accompanying photos show some of the great work that has been done clearing the very good way markers along the 70km route. It is important that runners know the route in advance and bring either a map or a gpx method of navigating should they take a wrong turn. We will only be additionally marking a couple of points along the route. The few deviations from the SBW the marathon takes will be clearly identified also.

There are 5 printable maps available at this link:
https://slievebloom.ie/walk/slieve-bloom-way

It also worth reminding people, the most recent Ordnance Survey map of the
area is out of date and doesn't have the correct SBW on it. It would take you on a very different route to the yellow way marked trail.

Livestock in fields
The three races cross working farms. If you enter a field with animals you need to walk that short section and it is very important you stick tightly to the way markers in the fields so we reduce our impact on the farms. Most of the farms have stiles but if you encounter a gate it needs to be immediately shut behind you.

Leave no Trace
As with all IMRA races we leave nothing behind but footprints. There will be bags for rubbish at the aid stations on the day. Anyone seen dropping rubbish on the course will be disqualified.

Slippy/ damaged boardwalk
As with all mountain environments lots of varied terrain is encountered. Amongst the varied terrain on these races are boardwalks. Some of which are slippy and at a couple of points near the Ridge of Capard the board walk is damaged. Due caution needs to be exercised. (see the accompanying photo)

Very limited parking on the route
There is limited parking at numerous locations on the SBW. We are providing busses for runners to the start of the races. If you decide to not use them, you need to arrange a drop off. We can't leave cars parked at Glenbarrow, Kinnitty or Cadamstown. There is very limited parking at these locations.

We also ask people not to drive up to the check point at Glenkeen. If anyone needs assistance from here, our team will shuttle them home. There is a large section of road here and it would result in cars driving against runners.

We are making our final plans in the coming week. There will be emails sent out to all runners later in the week. Can I also remind people that the IMRA forum is the primary location for communication for these three races. Best of luck with your final race preparations.
Avril ChallonerJun 19 2023, 9:28amIs a high fluorescent t-shirt sufficient? If not, do you want us to just wear the high-vis on the road sections or do they have to be worn throughout the race?

Looking forward to the race!
Gaelan ElliffeJun 20 2023, 1:20amHi Avril,

High visibility clothing is sufficient.
The Marathon route travels along the R440 for almost 4km.
It is sensible to wear high visibility clothing on this road amongst other road crossings.

See you on Saturday,
Gaelan
Conor LuceyJun 20 2023, 10:29pmHi
Im just looking to see if there’s any last minute entries left?

Thanks

Conor
Gaelan ElliffeJun 21 2023, 8:10amSorry Conor, I'm afraid not.

But if you are free and would like to meet some people and cheer others on, we would find space for you to volunteer for a few hours, if you would like.
Gaelan ElliffeJun 21 2023, 8:13amThank you to all the volunteers who have very kindly offered to help with these three races. Your help is greatly appreciated. It is through volunteers we can organise these races.

I have now sent an email or message to all volunteers for the Marathon race. Please check your emails.

If anyone else would like to volunteer as a helper during the marathon race there is space for another volunteer or two.
Gaelan ElliffeJun 22 2023, 8:06amI have now sent an email to all Marathon Participants.

It is sent to the email address you used to create your IMRA profile.

We're all ready for Saturday, it's set to be a lovely warm day.
Gaelan ElliffeJun 24 2023, 5:24am*Boil water notice in Clonaslee village*

Take note.

We have been busy the last couple of days arranging numerous water refill points about the Slieve Blooms external to the boil water notice.
John O ConnorJun 24 2023, 6:09pmThanks Gaelan and team, brilliantly organised, great set up in the community centre. Mighty organising over the last few weeks and replying back to people's questions.

Thanks again
Damien HarnettJun 24 2023, 9:33pmThanks Gaelan super event well organised with plenty of aid stations just when you needed a top up and route really well marked. Will be bak again.
Sorcha LoughnaneJun 25 2023, 9:02amHuge thanks to Gaelen and crew for a superb event yesterday. Really well organised, well marked, great atmosphere and a lovely course. And the most fabulous spread afterwards too!! Really appreciate the whole crew who made it happen!
Mick HanneyJun 25 2023, 10:10amCongrats Sorcha for your overall win in the marathon. Great running in tough hot conditions.
Paul KellyJun 25 2023, 12:44pmHi All - A GoPro 9 was handed into the finish line yesterday. If anyone is missing it please email us on slievebloomwayultra at gmail . com
Connie ConroyJun 25 2023, 2:38pmCongrats Gaelen all the organisers and volunteers yesterday. In years to come it will be nice to recall that we participated in the first ‘Longest Saturday of the year marathon event’ in the Slieve Blooms. Bring on 3024. Well done to all to all.
Connie ConroyJun 25 2023, 2:39pmFreudian slip - 2024
Cathal BrennanJun 26 2023, 3:57pmHi,

Thanks all for organizing a great event. The Slieve Blooms is great place to run. The volunteers around the course were friendly and very helpful. The heat definitely got to me by the end.

I might be too early to query as it might be sorted when all results come out, but I see my name coming up on the half marathon . My number is 2584. There was plenty of the half people coming in at around the same time but I definitely ran the full 43k

Thanks again to Gaelen and the team
Brendan O'MahonyJun 26 2023, 4:17pmThanks Gaelan and all those that helped out on the day. First time on the Slieve Bloom way and it was beautiful. Will definitely be back for future events.
Mick HanneyJun 26 2023, 7:46pm@Cathal - by any chance might you have been wearing an IMRA chip on your runner? If so the mat would have picked it up. I had found a couple of marathoners in the results but obviously not yours. Will address.
Cathal BrennanJun 26 2023, 8:03pmHi Mick

The chip was on my shoe alright.
John J BarryJun 27 2023, 12:20pmEcho all the comments previously. Well done to Niamh, Brain and the rest of the SE crew for an exceptional day. Fabulous organisation and so well run.
Route had a great mix with the ridge and river sections were real gems.

The aid stations were excellent and especially the two lads at 25km were so helpful and supportive.

It was so hot and having a water station with just 4km to go was brilliant .

Hopefully back for a winter version of the route next year.
Avril ChallonerJun 27 2023, 12:32pmAs other have said, it was a great runable route and even the road section in the middle was scenic! Well done to all involved.

The only change i'd suggest is turning down the sun a few degrees - although better a few degrees too warm than lashing rain.
John O ConnorJun 29 2023, 5:54amAny results of this race? Thanks again
Sorcha LoughnaneJun 30 2023, 8:49amI was also wondering if results of this would be published - but we didn’t have timing tags for the marathon? Unless the marathon results were being manually recorded at the finish line?
Paul KellyJun 30 2023, 9:22amHi All, apologies on the delay on getting the results up. That's on me, I was trialing a method to collect results for all races last Saturday and when we thought all was good and stopped taking manual entries Murphy's law came along and proved a point.... The laptop died before I got to save the damn thing! I have up until approx 5hrs of the marathon finish line accounted for and I have, from manual spotters sheets the sequence of finishers. I will email the runners directly over the weekend for their times on their watches and if they weren't wearing a watch I can give them a time on their position. Position being a little more important than time. Once again sorry for the delay we'll get them posted ASAP
Aidan McGeeJun 30 2023, 9:41amthanks for the update. thrse things happen , i dont envy anyone doing results

my number was 3236
my time was 5:33:11 by my garmin watch

thanks for a great event.
Aidan McGee
Aidan McGeeJun 30 2023, 9:41amthanks for the update. these things happen , i dont envy anyone doing results

my number was 3236
my time was 5:33:11 by my garmin watch

thanks for a great event.
Aidan McGee
John O ConnorJun 30 2023, 9:47amHi Paul,
If its any help for a cut off point I was bang on 5:00:20 bib number #270
Paul KellyJun 30 2023, 12:45pmHi All - Thanks Aidan and John for your replies. I've sent an email to the 14 runners that I didn't have a result for. Hopefully you get the email and reply over the weekend. Should I not hear anything by Monday I'll get what I have uploaded and we can amend the remainder afterwards.
Regards
Paul
Mark RaleighJun 30 2023, 12:56pmHi Paul, did the laptop issue affect the ultra as well as I note a discrepancy in my result. Have already emailed Niamh yesterday as those results seem to have been taken when trackers were switched off and not when I actually crossed the finish line.
Jan TomasekJul 1 2023, 8:32pmHi, I did not get any email.
my race number: 3164,
time: 5:13:16

Thanks
Rachel BurgessJul 3 2023, 1:33pmThe suspense!!!!
John O ConnorJul 5 2023, 1:30pmHi, i know there was issues with times any idea when/ if there will be results populated
Thanks
Rachel BurgessJul 9 2023, 10:51amCould we get even provisional results for this, please? Or even the winners time?
Thanks
Paul KellyJul 9 2023, 12:37pmHi Rachel, I understand your frustration the results have been sent over to the person whom looks after them for them to be uploaded. Please understand that as we are volunteer led the person whom looks after them may be away (it is holiday season after all) or very busy in their personal lives.
Hopefully what I have below works on the forum they are the provisional results in the format of Runner's Number - Finishing Time - Runners name. Please wait for the final results to be uploaded should anyone query their time!
1399 - 03:47:15 - Sorcha Loughnane
1854 - 04:09:37 - Mark Lenihan
3098 - 04:14:03 - Elia viola
2584 - 04:24:56 - Cathal Brennan
1806 - 04:29:35 - Rachel Burgess
2258 - 04:33:43 - paul burke
1942 - 04:45:44 - John O'Connell
823 - 04:49:07 - Avril Challoner
3021 - 04:50:43 - Karen Wilton
226 - 04:53:37 - Kieran Hennerty
3142 - 05:00:45 - Byrne Cillian
270 - 05:00:51 - John O Connor
2290 - 05:04:50 - sheila clavin
3061 - 05:05:26 - Derek Bracken
1920 - 05:05:30 - Michael McCormack80
921 - 05:05:34 - Barbara Podraza
922 - 05:05:35 - Mariusz Podraza
847 - 05:05:58 - Brian Wynne
759 - 05:07:31 - Tom Downes
430 - 05:09:01 - Steven Byrne
3206 - 05:12:09 - Olivia Sheerin
3164 - 05:13:47 - Jan Tomasek
1679 - 05:16:29 - Jackie Fitzsimons
3032 - 05:19:09 - Marlin Chettik
2125 - 05:23:40 - Damien Harnett
990 - 05:24:43 - Craig Holman
391 - 05:26:40 - Paul Duggan
193 - 05:28:07 - Gearoid Dunton
3236 - 05:33:11 - Aidan McGee
2649 - 05:35:04 - olejniczak ala
2653 - 05:35:26 - Joanne Bradbury
3217 - 05:37:32 - Alan Mc Hugh
1245 - 05:46:08 - Brendan O'Mahony
2857 - 05:46:09 - Brian O'Mahony
328 - 05:56:07 - Mark McInerney
1037 - 05:58:00 - Raymond Lawlor
1907 - 06:00:00 - MICHAEL MCDONNELL
1802 - 06:05:25 - Linda Carroll
2060 - 06:05:25 - Dominic Tilley
2958 - 06:13:58 - Dave Baynham
3232 - 06:14:00 - Tom hennessey
3197 - 06:16:00 - Connie Conroy
403 - 06:36:58 - John J Barry
2296 - 06:43:24 - John Healy
3223 - DNF - Elizabeth Morrin
195 - DNF - Lynda Talbot
3014 - DNF - JUDITH ROBINSON
1545 - DNF - Rachel O'Callaghan
3052 - DNF - Larry Rigney
2814 - DNF - Darren O'Rourke
1381 - DNF - lanigan sean
Gaelan ElliffeJul 9 2023, 3:35pmCheers Paul for the provisional results.

Thank you to everyone for your patience.
Rachel BurgessJul 9 2023, 7:05pmThanks Paul and team
Aidan McGeeJul 9 2023, 11:46pmThank you Paul And all involved.
Some winning time..
Well done to all
Gaelan ElliffeJul 10 2023, 3:53pmI see the results for the marathon have been uploaded to the results page.

Thanks you to everyone who helped get the results together. Well done to everyone who did the race a few weeks ago, it was great to see so many people enjoying the trails of this area.

Also, a big thank you to everyone who helped out with this event. It was a big team effort from volunteers on the day, the IMRA committee and the core group of organisers. The local community of the Slieve Blooms were very supportive throughout too.

For anyone who wants more from the super Slieve Blooms, see the Arderin - Clear Lake race scheduled for August 13th.