Irish Mountain
Running Association

3 Counties Trail/S. Luachra

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Zita HoeyMay 2 2023, 3:55pmHi, What's the planned climb for the short route? Thank you.
Máiréad O' KeeffeMay 2 2023, 6:04pmHi zeta, less than 100 meter approx .
Nice and easy
Robert CunninghamMay 7 2023, 4:12pmThanks to Mairead and all her volunteers for a great race today.
Very well organized and marked route with great parking facility.
Nice to have Facecook Coffee aswell at the finish.
Conor McElroyMay 7 2023, 4:31pmDelighted to take part in this inaugural race - many thanks to Mairéad and all the volunteers for organising and encouraging us to get out into the seven glens.

Not only is that the best post race spread of food in my experience, but, today you really brought the wind to the wind farm!

The course was very interesting with the mix of twisty trails linking fire road and the exhilarating river crossings x2 let us bring out the inner Huckleberry Finn!

The draining climb and seemingly relentless bends on the return section was a hearty main course that suited the talented road runners and those of GAA background I was chatting to post race.

Already looking forward to next year!
John CollinsMay 7 2023, 5:03pmDear Mairéad et al,
I wholly concur with Conor; the food was first class. What a spread! Sandwiches, cakes, brack, drinks and bars. Yum!
Thank y'all sincerely for organising a tough, tough race. Very challenging in evert respect. Marshalling was superb; one gentleman told me where I was placing at that point which drove me on another bit although I was in the red in every sense! The guys at the stream were on the ball, pleasant and helpful. My tongue was hanging out so I couldn't spend the energy it would have taken to thank them. So thank y'all again!
Brian MullinsMay 7 2023, 5:30pmThanks to Máiréad and all the volunteers for a great outing on the Mullaghareirks, hills that are seldom mentioned these days but still pack a punch. Congrats to the winners and all who took part. A tough course with long fire road drags, fast single track, two crossings of the same river just to clean the legs and a last supper type spread at the end. A grand morning for it.
Máiréad O' KeeffeMay 7 2023, 8:13pmGuys it was such a pleasure, thanks to the most amazing volunteers ever. So happy to have a race at home thank you all who volunteered and ran.
Brian FlannellyMay 7 2023, 10:11pmResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie
Jack HickeyMay 8 2023, 9:30amI absolute loved this run and as my first race with the IMRA I can't wait to participate in more. Lots of variety in the terrain made it exciting and it was very well organised and the route easy to follow.
Barry MurrayMay 8 2023, 11:39amWell done Mairead and crew, interesting race!

report up

https://www.imra.ie/events/report/id/2362/#1891