Irish Mountain
Running Association

Carrauntoohill Classic

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Adolfo GarciaJun 2 2023, 10:03amIs there a time limit for this race? My wife would like to jog/walk it. Is there a GPX for this event?
Robbie WilliamsJun 2 2023, 11:26amHi Adolfo

There is a 1:15min cut off at the top of the zig zags for runners
Cian McDonaldJun 28 2023, 8:11pmHi,
Just wondering if entries are closed or not, entries sold on the event page says 99 but it seems to be closed to me.
Thanks
Gerard O'SullivanJun 28 2023, 11:46pmHey
Same question at Cian &
is there a waiting list?
Peter O'FarrellJun 29 2023, 9:24amHello,
If it is possible could the entries for the Carantoohill Classic be increased/re-opened.
As it's an Irish Championship race there will be people looking to enter it this week.
Thanks,
Peter
Robbie WilliamsJun 29 2023, 12:34pmIt’s open again

Not many left as limited numbers in agreement with landowners

Noting I can do about that lads

Please don’t anyone complain about not getting an entry as it’s been open for a few weeks now.

Thank you
Cian MurphyJul 3 2023, 9:54amHi Robbie,
Trying to purchase an entry, its showing 2 entries left, but when I click through its showing the following error message?

Error
Application error
Exception information:
Robbie WilliamsJul 3 2023, 11:53amLads this race is full

Ignore the 119 places thing on the site.

Capacity reached I’m afraid.

Places available in Skyline (if able) and vertical and also the Cronins yard trail
Louise JonesJul 6 2023, 4:13pmHi , Due to injury I may not be able to run next weekend.. i have noticed people seem keen to get a place is there a way to transfer my place to someone? Cant find a contact email to ask through
Michael McSweeneyJul 6 2023, 5:08pmHi Louise,
No transfers I'm afraid.
Hope you recover soon.
Micheal.
O callaghan RachaelJul 8 2023, 3:42pmHi Robbie how many KLM’s is it up too zig zag cut off thanks
Robbie WilliamsJul 8 2023, 4:00pmEXTRA CLASSIC PLACES.

Hi All

With some unable to make it etc for Carrauntohill Classic we will open 20 places at 6:30pm this eve.

That’s defo it then though.

Thank you

Robbie
Jenny HoganJul 9 2023, 5:12pmHi Robbie, are all 20 places gone? Missed this message! Thanks, Jenny
Bojan PovsicJul 10 2023, 8:09pmIs there a chance some places might be available last minute at the venue if some contestants don't show up? Thank you.
Michael McSweeneyJul 10 2023, 8:25pmHi Bojan,
All the IMRA races are Online Pre-entry only. No entry on the day.
The Reeks Vertical 800, the SKYLINE (NO ENTRY without prior approval), and the Cronins Yard Trail are still available to purchase if you fancy a weekend in Kerry.
Micheal.
Sam CroninJul 11 2023, 3:16pmGutted that I won't be able to attend due to injury. Don't mean to add hassle to the organisers but if you would like to offer my place up please do.
Deirdre HopkinsJul 12 2023, 6:24pmHi, I notice there are a few entries available (137/140 sold) is it possible to register for the Carrauntoohill Classic on Sun 16/07 still?
Thanks
Claudio DonaJul 13 2023, 12:47amHi, is the race starting at Cronin's yard?
Barry WalshJul 13 2023, 9:48amRace starts in camping area at the yard.
Eoghan Patrick O'HaraJul 14 2023, 7:21pmWith the current forecast, it there any updated mandatory kit list?
Darren HickeyJul 14 2023, 8:23pmWhat time should volunteers be at there?
Robbie WilliamsJul 14 2023, 8:31pmIt depends on where they will be

I will be making up schedule tomorrow afternoon but definitely 10am will get most for people to anywhere on that course
Robbie WilliamsJul 14 2023, 8:32pmMANDATORY KIT LIST IS UPDATED ON THR SITE
Brian FureyJul 16 2023, 7:43pmThanks Robbie and all for putting on a great race. First time racing this route. I thought it was great. It had a bit of everything. Weather cooperated too which helped. Complementary sandwich and some soft drinks at the end was just what was needed and dip the legs in the stream.
liam lynchJul 17 2023, 7:38pmThanks to all who organised/ volunteered for yesterdays Carrauntoohill Classic..The event was very well organised. The stewards on position on the hill were so cheery. The complementary grub and drinks were appreciated. The atmosphere was conducive to an enjoyable day on the hills... Well done to all!
Brian FlannellyJul 18 2023, 10:19pmResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie
Aideen BurkeJul 19 2023, 10:38amHuge thanks to Robbie and the rest of the IMRA Munster crew for a fantastic weekend in the Kingdom. It was my first time visiting the Reeks and what an introduction it was! The vertical race on the Friday night set the tone for the weekend- tough, character-building stuff but seriously fun at the same time. In particular awe of the few hardy souls who ran the “treble”- an incredible feat, especially with such tough conditions on Saturday. I can’t recommend this weekend highly enough… whatever the weather, a great time is pretty much guaranteed
Barry WalshJul 19 2023, 11:41amAs always, a huge thank you to Robbie and the team of volunteers for a superb event (and great weekend by the sounds of it) down at the big fella. I had a friend visiting from Texas taking on his first IMRA race and as shell-shocked as he was at how rough it is on the reek he has vowed to return next year - a reflection on how good an organisation and event it is.