Irish Mountain
Running Association

Wobbly Bridge Rathdrum

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Barry O'NeillMay 15 2023, 2:41pmHowdy, I've managed to secure the facilities at Hidden Valley holiday park for parking, registration and festivities for this race.
Early shout out for volunteers please. Any questions just shout.
Thanks,
Barry
Barry O'NeillMay 15 2023, 2:43pmRoute maps for both long and short routes also added.
Terry LawlessMay 23 2023, 3:43pmHi Barry,

Would be happy to help out, rack marking or marshalling, whatever is needed.

Regards Terry
Barry O'NeillMay 26 2023, 2:14pmThanks Terry,
I'll ad you to the list!
Barry O'NeillJun 12 2023, 2:49pmHi all,
I've added a few more details to the event page.
I'm looking for a laptop operator and a few more volunteers and wee are good to go.
Thanks,
Barry
Dave McCabeJun 12 2023, 5:00pmJust added myself to the vol list barry.
Barry O'NeillJun 12 2023, 6:30pmCheers Dave.
Barry O'NeillJun 21 2023, 11:21amHi all.
I’ve organised a recce of the course for this Friday at 7pm. Meeting at the start point.

Also still looking for a laptop operator for this event.

Thanks
Barry
Barry O'NeillJun 22 2023, 9:56amHi all,
I’ve plenty of volunteers now. Thanks everyone.
Just a laptop operator and we are good to go!
Mick HanneyJun 24 2023, 9:43pmBarry, I have the laptop and its associated bits after the Slieve Blooms. I'll have it charged up and ready to handover to you for your race registration Weds. Is Reg at Hidden Valley or down near race start?
Barry O'NeillJun 24 2023, 9:53pmCheers Mick.
Registration is at Hidden Valley. Lakeside Cafe.
Thanks.
Niamh O'CeallaighJun 25 2023, 12:39pm***EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT***

At the Rathdrum, Wobbly Bridge race, there will be a kids challenge event. This is an INCLUSIVE event and suitable for young people of all abilities. It is wheelchair accessible and on firm flat compacted gravel.

This "choose your challenge" event gives kids the chance to decide if they would like to complete a 200m, 300m or 400m distance.
Participants can choose to collect a flag from one of the three turnaround points before returning to the start. Everyone who has collected a flag will win a lovely prize.

This event will take place from the bridge itself. Participants and their accompanying adult should assemble at Splash Valley car park at no later than 6:30. There will be a check in beside the adults registration desk.
At 6:40 sharp, we will head for the start. Those who require accessible access to the start will drive in convoy to the start location.
All others will walk together across a boardwalk, up some steps and over uneven ground to the race start.

The challenge will start at 7pm

We would encourage ALL adults taking part in the main race to come support our young people. There will be ample time to get back up to the main race start.

After the kids have received their prize, they can watch the adult race zoom past, before either walking or driving back to Splash Valley.

Non IMRA notice:
Anybody who is bringing kids is welcome to ask me (in a non IMRA capacity) to watch their kids for the duration of the adults race. I'll walk them back towards Splash Valley and we will play on the grass. Text me on 085 one 445 two 09 to let me know in advance.
Barry O'NeillJun 26 2023, 9:54amHi all,
Registration will be open at 6:15 and will close at 7:15 sharp to allow time for everyone to get to the start.

Also as per Niamh's post above please support the kids inclusive event.
Thanks,
Barry
Anna MichaelJun 26 2023, 11:21amThank you Niamh and Barry. We look forward to the kids event too. Sounds great!
Barry O'NeillJun 26 2023, 12:10pmPlease note;
No vouchers.
No pay on the day.
No headphones.
No compression socks.
No Jacket equals no result.
Paul SmythJun 26 2023, 1:52pm"No compression socks."

Really? That's a first! Or was it just a test to see if anyone is actually reading these posts?

I mean they look a bit naff, and I wouldn't be wearing them myself but I'm sure that makes them a safety issue!
Paul SmythJun 26 2023, 2:01pmsic: "... not sure that makes them a safety issue!"
Barry O'NeillJun 26 2023, 2:22pmwell done Paul, you passed (:
Paul SmythJun 26 2023, 2:27pmAnd I'm not even running this race!
Dave DochertyJun 26 2023, 3:11pmNiamh & Barry. Looks like its going to be a fun night. I assume the kids race does not require online entry? My 5 and 7 year old boys are gonna love this.
Niamh O'CeallaighJun 26 2023, 4:13pmThat's correct Dave. They can just show up
Barry O'NeillJun 27 2023, 2:54pmOnly 14 spots left folks.
Ian SynnottJun 27 2023, 6:54pmI snuck the last ticket... should be fun!!!
Barry O'NeillJun 28 2023, 9:35amJust a few reminders........
On entering Rathdrum follow the signs for Hidden valley resort/Lakside cafe.
Please follow instructions from carpark marshals. There is also some limited parking around the Millstore shop. Five minute walk from here.

Registration will open at 615 and close at 715. Please allow 10 minutes to get to the start line.

Start is at 730 for long course and 740 for the short course.

The kids inclusive event will kick off at 7 bells. Please support if possible.
The course will be fully marked with the usual taps and flags and marshals will be manning in places.

Sambos, prize giving, pints and spot prizes will be back at the Lakside cafe(registration area).

If I've missed anything or if more info is required please shout.

Enjoy.
Barry
John CollinsJun 28 2023, 12:23pmDear RD,
My race number and timing chip are in my jeep which is in the garage for servicing. Could I get a replacement if each at registration this evening if necessary please?
My mobile is 08six eight5 eight5 9 5six

Thank y’all
Barry O'NeillJun 28 2023, 12:53pmHi John,
You'd have to purchase replacements of each via the website here.

Regards,
Barry
Lillian DeeganJun 28 2023, 1:06pmHi there John,
Great to see you are up our way to race once again. I wonder might it be ok to ask for a favour pls & thx. I’m looking to get kit of a kind down to MMRA. It’s pretty light weight :) Would you mind seeking me out at Reg. time this evening.

Cheers, Lillian
John CollinsJun 28 2023, 2:28pmDear Lillian,
if it'll fit in my wife's V90, of course! The boot is packed with my veterinary equipment but we'll certainly try!
See y'all later DG
John CollinsJun 28 2023, 2:29pmDone Barry O'Neill
Kindest Regards. John Collins MRCVS
Niamh O'CeallaighJun 28 2023, 2:55pmThe kids event tonight is not a formal IMRA race. As such participants take part at their own risk and should be accompanied and supervised by a parent. Thanks.
Look forward to seeing everyone tonight.
Anna MichaelJun 28 2023, 11:23pmThank you Barry and all the volunteers for putting on a brilliant race this evening. It was so well marked and marshalled. Hoping this becomes a regular fixture in the calendar.

Special thanks also to Niamh and her band of helpers who organised the kids fun event with prizes, snacks and even games so we could run. They kids. absolutely loved it.
Richard FoxJun 29 2023, 8:04amSuch a fantastic event yesterday. Thank you Barry and the many volunteers for making it happen. Brilliant course, excellently marked, wonderful venue for reg and prize giving, thanks Hidden Valley, and, as usual these days, a great bunch of folk out running. Special thanks also to Niamh who wasn’t content with marking the course but who also instigated the kiddies race and provided goodies and hand made pressies for all the kiddies who took part and then minded a good few of them while mums/dads took part in their race - incredible stuff Niamh.
Thanks again all
foxy
Barry O'NeillJun 29 2023, 10:28amI hope everyone enjoyed the Wobbly Bridge.
A big shout out to all the volunteers for this event, Course marshals, carpark marshals, registration/finish line gang, laptop operators, first aider. Thanks to Niamh for organizing the kids event, a great success.
A big thanks to Georgina and all at Hidden Valley for hosting us.

Finally thanks to Lillian for keeping an eye on me and making sure I didn't make a complete hash of it.
If I have missed anyone, apologies.
Andy MorrowJun 29 2023, 10:39amHi Barry,

Thanks for yesterday's course, it was a really nice route.
Unfortunately myself (3064) and Dave (2758) missed a turn off and got stuck behind a motorbike accident outside Avoca so we ended up missing registration but made it to the start line before we started.

Is it possible to update our times in the results as i see they're listed as DNF?
If that's not possible could you left us know our times if possible?

Thanks and catch ye next Wednesday.

Andy
Niall CorriganJun 29 2023, 10:58amThanks to Barry and crew for a great event. Everyone needs to tag themselves in their bridge foto.
Brendan LawlorJun 29 2023, 11:17amGreat new race.. thank you to Barry and his team of volunteers for a fantastic trot around this wonderful Millennium forest

Big thank you to Hidden Valley for hosting us and I hope this becomes a regular race on the IMRA calendar

Welcome back to Sean Hassett and Gary Moralee !
Lillian DeeganJun 29 2023, 3:48pmGreat job done on your 1st RD outing last night Barry - hat tip ;) By all accounts ye have a grand back garden to play about there :)

@Andy Morrow - sorry to hear of the delays experienced getting to Reg. with a little time to spare pre-race. Unfortunately without signing in and getting your chip tagged to race, you won’t have a published result for last nights run. Race No’s would have been captured as all runners crossed the finish line to be tidied up where needed once our Results & Records Secretary has a chance to run through odd bits from last night. And your in as a DNF because you were not signed into the race.

If you email results@imra.ie I’m sure race times can be shared.

Sorry if the above is not what you had hoped for and hopefully time travel bothers won’t present again.

Lillian
Andy MorrowJun 29 2023, 7:42pmOk, that's no problem, thanks Lillian and see ye next week