Irish Mountain
Running Association

Dysart Woods

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brian SmythMar 31 2023, 2:37pmHi Folks,

The Dysart Woods SEL race is on the 30th April. I'm looking for some volunteers for helper roles such as registration, carpark marshal, and finish line helpers. Please add yourself to the event page, or just let me know here .

Many thanks
Brian SmythApr 20 2023, 7:54amHi Folks
Dysart Woods SEL race opens for online entry this Monday 24th April . Entry will close on 29th April at 6pm.

I’m looking for a few more volunteers to help with reg desk, demarking and finish line duties.

The Dysart Dash is a beautiful figure of eight loop on wooded trail . At approx. 6km , and 200m of ascent , it is suitable for both the beginner and the experienced trail runner . It is a short but fast course with some lovely climbs up Hewson Hill and moderate but steep technical descents also. This native woodland is a spectacular environment for a trail race , with beautiful views of the Rock of Dunamaise throughout sections of the route.

Dysart Woods is half way between Portlaoise and Stradbally just off the N80 in Co Laois .
Approx 1hr from Dublin City. 30 mins from Carlow , 45 mins from Kilkenny, and it is also not too far from those in Munster. If travelling on M7 take exit number 16 for Portlaoise and follow signs for N80 (toward Carlow).

See link on event page for directions and for parking.

Further race details on event page.

Many thanks
Brian SmythApr 20 2023, 11:18pmCorrection , online entries open Tues 25th.
Brian SmythApr 27 2023, 7:59pmGPS is allowed for this race folks . Could webmaster /IT Guru please amend this on details page , thanks .
The route will be fully marked anyhow .

Note: Please head to the designated field for parking (€3 charge , coins) . The pin drop and link for field are on the event details page.
The Dysart carpark is not an option , it is very small and fills up very fast with local walkers on weekends.

Thanks to all who have volunteered thus far .
Brian SmythApr 29 2023, 11:14amMorning All,

Registration for the Dysart Woods race will close this evening at 6pm.

We are getting some nice numbers , so don't miss out on the action : ).

Just to mention the carpark field is now free of charge. Where would ya get it .
Hold onto your 3 euros for a hash brown on the way home : )

See you all on the morn
Brian SmythApr 29 2023, 11:32amVolunteer email sent
James BrownApr 29 2023, 7:47pmHi guys I missed the entries closing for tommorrow is there anyway of getting of getting in?
Brian SmythApr 30 2023, 9:01pmSorry James we couldn’t have got you in unfortunately
Brian SmythApr 30 2023, 9:13pmWell done to all the runners today. Congrats to all the winners .

Some testing climbs and fast descents , but you all flew it . The Laois sunshine made it all the better : ) .

Massive thanks to all the volunteers who helped out today, and on the run up to the race :
Daniel
Johan
Gaelan
Ronan
Niall
Keith
Paul & Niamh
Lillian

It couldn’t have went as well as it did without you all , that’s for sure .

Special thanks also to my other half Kamila who was a massive help with the sambos and making up signage and the race poster ;
along with babysitting of course : ).

Hopefully we can get this race back on the calendar again next year, we would be delighted to have you all and more again .

Results will be posted in the coming days .

See you all on the hills and trails soon .

Brian
Conor O'FarrellMay 1 2023, 7:25pmHi All

Great event yesterday by Brian and his team.

Results are now up. Please send any queries to results@imra.ie

Con
Amanda FitzgeraldMay 1 2023, 7:37pmHi thanks to Brian and crew for great race, worth the trip down,

On the results I am down as 4 th women but on the day I was handed 3rd prize, if this is the case I would like to give the voucher to the lady you came in 3rd to keep things fair and in order,

Thanks
Niamh KellyMay 1 2023, 9:55pmHi Amanda,

We will check out the results and get back to you

Niamh