AuthorDateMessage
Lillian DeeganMar 28 2023, 12:58pmHi all,

I'm RD seeking for this late July race.

Thanks - Lillian
Sean ForsythMar 28 2023, 4:01pmHi Lillian,

I'll give this one a bash.

Best regards

Sean
Lillian DeeganMar 28 2023, 4:22pmThat's fantastic, thanks a lot Sean. RD mail shot of today on its way to you in a bit. Cheers
Sean ForsythJun 15 2023, 12:12pmHi All,

Getting an early shout out for more volunteers for Trooperstown.

This is the last Leinster League race of the season and is a great race to boot but it can't go ahead without a team.

In particular a laptop operator but also plenty of volunteers for roles for registration; finish line; Marshals and car parking (running volunteers welcome here as well)

If you fancy an opportunity to find out about race directing*; laptop operation etc...volunteer for the shadow roles
*(I personally can't guarantee you'll learn anything useful from myself)

This promises to a great evening especially with the end of league soiree afterwards.

Also due to some planned 'warm weather training' (by way of downing bottles of cheap plonk in France) I'll be away for a few weeks prior to the race, so early volunteering would be appreciated on this one please:)

Also expect a few bumps of this thread in the next few weeks.

Best regards

Sean
Sean ForsythJun 26 2023, 1:31pmBump still looking for volunteers

Course Marshals; car parking; registration and finish line please!
Brian Mc ConnellJun 26 2023, 9:01pmHi Sean, I've volunteered, would prefer marshaling to car parking if possible
Sean ForsythJun 30 2023, 8:16amThanks Brian, I'm sure I can sort that.

Still looking for volunteers.. running volunteers for the night are more than welcome
Sean ForsythJul 6 2023, 5:02pmHi All,

Just a quick bump looking for more volunteers, please!

Thanks

Sean
Maike JürgensJul 10 2023, 10:10amHi Sean - i could help at registration provided you had a use for a parent/toddler combination? She likes handing out numbers - ahem. will await your feedback prior to volunteering. thanks
Sean ForsythJul 11 2023, 2:23pmHi Mike, that's absolutely no problem at all, she'll probably do a better job than I would at it.
Maike JürgensJul 11 2023, 3:47pmGreat, have added myself. Any job at registration and we can toddle to the finish line but would aim to leave as Mike finishes. Thanks
Just a note the race details mention vouchers so may need to be updated?
Jim FitzharrisJul 15 2023, 11:41amHi Sean,
I have added my name as a volunteer.
I have a preference for a marshalling role as I can travel down early to get in position. That said, I will happily do whatever is required!
Thanks & regards,
Jim.
Sean ForsythJul 15 2023, 8:04pmThanks Jim and thanks to everyone that volunteered. I'm all good for volunteers for the day now.

There's a few other Wednesday night and weekend runs coming up that need volunteers , so please keep up the great support on and keep singing on to help out
Tim GrummellJul 19 2023, 10:51pmJunior course, any details on it? (Something less torturous than tonights 5.5km short course ideally ha)
susan dixonJul 20 2023, 10:06amAh Tim, that was Laylas favourite junior course!!!!!
Shes hoping for more of the same next week....ha ha
Sean ForsythJul 21 2023, 5:08pmHi Tim,

Junior course will follow the main route to the summit of Trooperstown Hill. The climb to the summit is relatively steep and somewhat technical but the rest of the race is on nice single track with a little road thrown in.

It's a nice course for everyone
Sean ForsythJul 24 2023, 2:50amHi All,

Just a quick update on the Junior/short course. The start point for these races will be at the bridge and will go 5 minutes after the main race.

Thanks

Sean
Sallie EnnisJul 24 2023, 1:33pmHi Sean,

Are you still looking for volunteers for Wednesday? Rolled my ankle so not sure I can run.

Missed the deadline for the bbq unfortunately too but would still like to help out. I can't work out how to volunteer online, sorry!

Sallue
Mark McInerneyJul 24 2023, 4:53pmHi Sallie,

My better half is ditching me for a girl's night out if you want her BBQ voucher.
Mark Mc
Sean ForsythJul 25 2023, 9:29am@ Sallie; If you log in to your account and then navigate to the Trooperstown event page, you can scroll towards the bottom of the page and you should see the volunteer section to make a selection from. Happy for you to sign up.

For everyone else, this is shaping up to be a great race. I checked the course on Sunday and the ground is nice underfoot. The added rain since then should have made it slightly softer but still good

Just some point for those unfamiliar with the course

The Ascent/Descent on Trooperstown Hill is (at points) 27% grade, it's loose rock/technical for the majority of it. Please put some consideration into your footwear (see Alan Ailing's post from Coilte Crone Caper)

There are nice stretches' of single track and forest trails ; however there is a section off about 200 meters on road. Please be mindful when on the road and listen to the Marshalls instructions.

While it is expected rain all day tomorrow, humidity is due to be 98% and little wind, so it will be warm out there. Make sure you have plenty of water before and after the race. ALSO DON'T FOGERT THE RAIN JACKETS - NO JACKET NO RESULT

Also Runners and Volunteers....please bring loads of bug spray, I had my own cloud of flies and midges there on Sunday.

For those runners pushing for league/category wins, good luck and good running tomorrow.

Prizegiving will be at the Turqoise Cafe in conjunction with the end of league BBQ. So hope to see you all there

Oh final thing CARPARKING, Please listen to Marshalls regarding car parking at all times, if you are directed down to the coillte car park in Clara village, it is for a reason and the marshalls are volunteers doing there best on the night.
Brendan LawlorJul 25 2023, 10:15amHi Sean, is registration in the Mountain Rescue base ?
Sean ForsythJul 25 2023, 10:42amHi Brendan, As it stands at the moment, no it will be at the car park. If anything changes I will update asap
Jason KehoeJul 25 2023, 4:26pmMark McInerney - if that offer is not taken up I'll take you up on it and sort you out!

Thanks,
Jason
Sean ForsythJul 25 2023, 5:29pmHi All,

Update on registration location.

It will now be in the Mountain Rescue Base at Troopestown.

A huge thank you to Glen of Imaal Mountain rescue team for the use.

Sean
Mark McInerneyJul 25 2023, 8:33pm@jason. It's yours fella. Didn't hear from other person.
Sallie EnnisJul 25 2023, 10:34pmSorry to have missed your very kind offer Mark!! Love the kindness of this group. Should have checked sooner, my mistake. Enjoy Jason!
Niamh O'CeallaighJul 26 2023, 8:57amSlight change to this route this year to cut out some road. If you are familiar with this route or have done it before, please have your listening ears on at the race briefing for details and FOLLOW THE TAPE / MARSHALS :-)
Sallie EnnisJul 26 2023, 9:31am@Sean - thanks for explaining how to volunteer online - I read all te instructions and realised I wouldn't be able to get out there early enough, sorry. I put myself down on the carpool instead and will def volunteer for the first race I can.
Warren SwordsJul 26 2023, 9:58amHi Niamh. Could you tell us more about the route change please?
Anne RushJul 26 2023, 12:10pmHi I logged on to register at 11:55 ( wasn't aware of cut off) but it's saying Entries closed - is there an opportunity to register tonight ?
Kevin O'HaraJul 26 2023, 12:17pmMy mistake but missed the cut off to register before 12. I thought it said before 3. Is it possible to still register tonight? Pretty please.
Sean ForsythJul 26 2023, 12:47pm@Kevin, the details did indeed say 3pm..I'm not sure how I made that mistake. I've updated it now to the correct 12pm and I have asked for registration to be re opened though

@Anne see above

I will update you asap

My Apologies

Sean
Kevin O'HaraJul 26 2023, 1:12pmThanks so much, that's great.
Anne RushJul 26 2023, 2:00pmBrilliant- thank you ! I can hold my head up at the BBQ now
Andy McGeadyJul 26 2023, 3:43pmFirst race of the season - assume I can pick up my number tonight? I paid for my full year membership when I purchased the entry fee :-)
Jason DowlingJul 26 2023, 3:54pmHi Andy,

You can pick up your number and your timing chip at the race this evening. The timing chip should be attached to your runner. Keep the timing chip for future races. If you lose it, you'll have to order a new one from the website at a cost of €5.

Hope that helps,
Jason.
Andy McGeadyJul 26 2023, 4:09pmHi Jason - I have the timing chip from last year, will that do?
Warren SwordsJul 26 2023, 4:29pmYes Andy, bring last year's chip with you. It'll be scanned again with your new number,.
David TimoneyJul 26 2023, 4:31pmHi, We're newbies and Ive registered for this eve (I ran ys ago in IMRA but just getting back into it) . My friend (Gerry Moore Crusaders) missed the deadline to register for the event..any chance it could be opened for 30 mins to let him register for the run this eve? thks
Andy McGeadyJul 26 2023, 4:51pmJason/Warren - thank you much.
Niamh O'CeallaighJul 26 2023, 5:10pm@warren.
Yes, at t-junction on public road, go straight across onto a forest path that will bring you straight up to meet the old course at the bottom of the Trooperstown ascent.
So you don't go down the road and up past the mast
Sorcha LoughnaneJul 26 2023, 6:29pmTraffic getting out there is absolutely chronic!! Is there any chance registration could be kept open a bit longer for us laggards? (We are carpooling!!)
Brian FureyJul 26 2023, 10:40pmGreat race, thanks to all volunteers for making it happen. I was just behind Rian MacMaoloin who was a few seconds in turn behind Warren Swords who was 10th. Tough course. And great racing. The extra bit through the forest was a nice addition.
Eva FairmanerJul 27 2023, 12:17amIf anyone spotted a pair of Cinderella's slippers left on the grass where we had parked the car, on the road leading to the start - they are mine. I hope someone might have picked them up? Asics is what all the best dressed Ladies are wearing as foot attire this season! Thank you.
Alan KennedyJul 27 2023, 12:20amThanks to Sean for a great end of league race tonight. And especially to the Marshalls stuck out in misty drizzle which was nice for us to run in but not to be standing around. Fun course but very tricky and thanks to Niamh for the great marking. Wonderful food after in Turquoise which was a great venue to mark to the end and the prize giving for the Spring and Trail leagues. Great night overall.
Joe LalorJul 27 2023, 12:28amHi Eva, they were given to me as RD of next race.
If you contact me at o861o57o97 I will sent you my eircode, not too far away from yoy
Eva FairmanerJul 27 2023, 8:09amAh super, many thanks Joe and to whoever handed them in.
Brendan LawlorJul 27 2023, 8:15amThanks to Sean and team for another great race last night, despite (or because of) the weather

Hard to believe the Leinster League is done for another year and we have only two more Wednesday races left !
Niall McGuinnessJul 27 2023, 8:30amThanks a million to everyone involved in organising last night's race in Trooperstown Hill and all the others over the summer. Thanks too to all the runners and volunteers throughout the league - something special happens when the Leinster league gets into full swing and it felt like this year was the first in a few back to its full glory. IMRA is a community full of great people I'm proud to be part of. I'm already planning for next year's battles - how can I be fit at the start of the season and not just the end?
Andy McGeadyJul 27 2023, 8:49amSuper course. From Trooperstown onwards as a finish it is fantastic.

Well done to everyone involved.
Phil behanJul 27 2023, 8:54amBrilliant race last night. Great job Sean and all the volunteers. The food after was also excellent so huge thanks to Lillian and all the team for that work. BTW, I thought I caught Paddy just ahead of me at the finish ? My main reason for questioning that would be to keep the heat on Dave Docherty :). Anyway thanks again all. Great night.
Karen CreanJul 27 2023, 9:00amMassive thanks to everyone involved in organising such a super run.
It was my 4th Wed evening in a row in the mountains and I can honestly say I loved each race.
Unfortunately I missed the end of league celebrations due to last minute change of circumstances.
Looking forward to lots more races with IMRA.
Karen x
Conor O'FarrellJul 27 2023, 9:05amHi All

Results are now up, thanks to Peter and Pol. Please send any queries to results@imra.ie. Only queries sent to that address will be addressed (?).

I’m away until the weekend, so I will attend to all queries then.

Con
Warren SwordsJul 27 2023, 12:20pmThanks to Sean and his team for a great race. New addition to the course by Niamh was a great idea. And thanks to Lillian and everyone who organised the food afterwards. Lovely set up.

Great way to end the league on the gnarly Trooperstown course.

Well done to the all the league winners, incredibly competitive across all categories.
Richard FoxJul 27 2023, 2:48pmWhat a super finale to another successful Leinster League along with the awards for previously completed leagues in 2023. Thanks so much to Sean and his wonderful volunteers for a lovely run over Trooperstown along an expertly marked course (thanks Niamh).
The fare in the Turquoise Cafe was just amazing. Thank you so much to them for their hospitality and wonderful food. What an superb place to have an end of league soirée.
Finally thanks so much to Lillian for organising the prize giving - an incredibly difficult task.
All in all yet another amazing Wednesday evening among great hills and fab folks.
Cheers all
foxy.
Leo MahonJul 27 2023, 3:32pmA pair of Dark blue LA Sportiva runners size 42 1/2 handed in after Trooperstown race now with race kit presently in Greenhills D12 PN8A will be at the Lugnacoille race on Sunday phone 0868135994
Sean ForsythJul 27 2023, 5:37pmMorning all, I hope everyone is in good form and enjoyed the end of season party (if you went) and thank you for participating and (hopefully) having a great race

I want to say a huge thank you a brilliant team of volunteers last night, they all made my life a hell of a lot easier, from car parking , marshalling and the registration process.it all went smoothly ( to my untrained eye anyway)

So well done to Gordon, Jody (and Phil Behan), Jim Durham, Brian Kitson and Michelle for car parking (hardest job at an imra event)

My marshals and demarkers, Killian, Niamh OGorman, Becky, Karol, Jim Fitzharris
Jim and Brian McConnell...thankfully conditions improved for them by race time

My Reg and Finish line crew, Peter; Maike (and Roisin), Anna, Neil and Michael (Eagle eyes the lot of them)

and to Leo (safe hands) Mahon for 1st Aid, thankfully only a few minor bumps and scrapes to deal with

Big thanks to Niamh for the marking especially in the conditions early yesterday. Course route was great and well marked as always.

As I always say, you're nothing without a great team and I had an amazing team last night. So again thank you and I look forward to working and racing with you in the future.
Sorcha LoughnaneJul 27 2023, 8:34pmAs usual huge thanks to the whole team involved in last nights race - I’m not a regular but from the IMRA races I’ve done I am always so blown away by the amazing community of runners and volunteers who make each race such a great experience. My only complaint is that delicious roasted corn on the cob covered in even more delicious cashew curry is very hard to eat in a dignified fashion…but dignity is overrated.
Conor O'FarrellJul 30 2023, 1:57pmHi All

Results have been re-published for Trooperstown. Again, if there are any further queries, please email me on results@imra.ie.

Regards
Conor