Irish Mountain
Running Association

Djouce -The Ayling Abyss

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Dan GeelonJun 6 2023, 11:47amFolks, the Djouce Ayling Abyss is coming up next week on the 14th June, we are doing well for volunteers but we could do with the assistance of an experienced assistant Laptop operator, thanks Dan
Eileen RowlandJun 7 2023, 8:45amI had volunteered...but unfortunately am now away so please remove my name won't be there!
Dan GeelonJun 7 2023, 9:06amThanks for the update Eileen, could still do with a few more volunteers.
Kate FlynnJun 7 2023, 10:18pmHi Dan, I know the laptop system well , have added my name to the list for laptop.
See you on the night!
Kate
Dan GeelonJun 8 2023, 8:19amKate, thanks very much, see you next wednesday
Henny BrandsmaJun 9 2023, 9:29amHi Dan, John is down as a non running volunteer for Wednesday and as I am still not fully recovered from my fall, I will give him a hand with carparking. Henny.
Dan GeelonJun 9 2023, 9:39amHenny, that's great, you can add your name to the volunteer list. We now have the " A " Team for parking, John, Henny and Gordon. Hope you recover soon. Dan.
Brenda MalleyJun 11 2023, 11:04pmHi Dan, I’m Marshall 9 but can’t find the location on the map? Is it near the start or finish, or higher up?
Dan GeelonJun 12 2023, 7:59amBrenda, you will be our first marshal on the course, i will have a map for you on wednesday with the location marked.
John ShielsJun 12 2023, 9:35amis registration opening this morning for this race?
Dan GeelonJun 12 2023, 10:11amJohn, some technical issues, will be opening shortly
Dan GeelonJun 12 2023, 11:02amFolks, the event is now open for registration, apologies for the delay.
Louis MulleeJun 12 2023, 4:57pm5 car pool spaces currently on offer for this race, parking will be tight, any more drivers out there with free seats? great way to get to know some people from IMRA as well and reduce our carbon footprint!

Car pool section is at the bottom of the race event page
Dan GeelonJun 13 2023, 5:13pmParking - there will be a good turnout for this race, and parking will be tight. When the main Djouce Woods car park is full, cars will be diverted 1 km up long hill to Djouce Woods Calary car park. - there is a trail from the NW corner of this car park downhill through the woods straight to registration, about 700m. Car pool where possible.
Dan GeelonJun 13 2023, 5:37pmFirst Aid Officer - Urgent call out, our first aid officer has just injured himself and won't be available tomorrow evening. We urgently need a new volunteer First Aid Officer to allow the race to proceed or if any of our current volunteers are qualified, we can switch around their roles.. Thanks Dan.
Richard FoxJun 13 2023, 6:53pmHappy to do First Aid Dan. Got Sports First Aid very in Oct 22 if that’s ok?
Cheers
foxy
Richard FoxJun 13 2023, 6:54pm“cert”
Alan AylingJun 13 2023, 7:23pmHey Foxy,

Yes that'll do nicely. Thanks for stepping up!
Dan GeelonJun 13 2023, 8:34pmFoxy, that's great, the race is on, see you tomorrow.
James HeggieJun 13 2023, 9:07pmAlan is the registration on the cross ways of the
Trail down from the car park ? If so I can jog up to save parking
Alan AylingJun 13 2023, 10:46pmJames I'll let Dan answer that one
Dan GeelonJun 14 2023, 7:55amJames, registration is 1 km down the fire road from the main car park at the V in the road, same as last year.
Louis MulleeJun 14 2023, 8:11am9 car pool spots still available in the site... book yours now!

From Race Details: Car Pooling is recommended - after coming off the N11 at Kilmac, there is a car park to the right off the roundabout at Pluck's, this can accommodate about 30 cars and we would suggest that car pooling be from here.
Mark McInerneyJun 14 2023, 8:21amWill be stopping at Plucks at 6.30 for runner pick up. Have one more spot in car.
Angus TynerJun 14 2023, 1:22pmI will also be in Kilmac at 18:30. Plucks and carpark. Have space for 3.
Kevin O'RiordanJun 14 2023, 5:09pmWill be passing through Kilmac around 6:20 if anyone wants to jump in.
Conor O'FarrellJun 14 2023, 10:04pmHi All

Results are now up. As usual, please email results@imra.ie for any queries.

Con
Thomas DrewJun 14 2023, 10:08pmThanks to organisers for a fun race. I found a single AirPod pro in the carpark (right). I can post to anyone who owns it.
Gavin DunneJun 15 2023, 6:45amThanks to Dan and all the Volunteers. The did a great Job. Fantastic race and great to see the results up so quick.
Alan KennedyJun 15 2023, 7:36amAnother superb race and my first time down the Abyss, the stuff of nightmares but still alive and bruised toes as a lasting memory. Thanks to Dan and crew for a well organised event and great marshalling again. Also to Angus for car pooling 3 of us. And to Con for the quick results. And finally to the staff in Plucks for the well earned grub.
Peter BellJun 15 2023, 8:01amThanks Dan & crew for another great night on the hills. The marking was spot on too. Easy to follow. Alan's abyss never disappoints. Roll on Brockagh!
Dan GeelonJun 15 2023, 10:13amThanks to all the volunteers last night at car parking, registration , laptop, first aid, race marking, marshal's, photography and raffle, great job, well done.
Andy KeelingJun 15 2023, 2:28pmGreat evening out on djouce. Thank you to Dan and all the team. Didn't expect to have a problem with grip. Who knew pine needles could be so slippy! Felt like being in a forest pinball machine. Great race.
Anna MichaelJun 15 2023, 2:29pmThank you Dan and all the volunteers for a great race last night!!!
Francis ConroyJun 15 2023, 3:28pmI'd like to back up the messages thanking all who made this such a brilliant and challenging event - the photographers should all get an Oscar for showing the variation in the challenges and the crawl up the final hill.
Niall CorriganJun 15 2023, 10:28pmI went to the dentist today, it was marginally less fun than last night’s race. Thanks to Dan and clan for a superbly organised and orchestrated race in terrible conditions. Thanks to Alan for devising such a challenging route, it is brutal. It even has pin bearings disguised as pine needles. Loved it.
Mark McInerneyJun 16 2023, 12:35amWhat an event. Millions of flies spectating, the sun shining down upon us.

Huge kudos to the volunteers to be out there with the onslaught of flies and extra mucho Gracias for all the photos you guys took.

These events are nothing without the volunteers. Speaking of which I need to book another race to volunteer.