Irish Mountain
Running Association

Prince William's Seat

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brian McGuckinApr 21 2023, 10:50amHi
I need a few more volunteers for this race.
parking will be in a local field and all money collected on the night
will be donated to charity at request of the landowner,
NO VOUCHERS NO VOUCHERS NO VOUCHERS NO VOUCHERS
NO VOUCHERS NO VOUCHERS NO VOUCHERS NO VOUCHERS
NO VOUCHERS SAVE HOWTH NO VOUCHERS NO VOUCHERS NO VOUCHERS NO VOUCHERS NO VOUCHERS NO VOUCHERS
Eoin HamiltonApr 21 2023, 11:10amHi Brian - I'm Happy to volunteer for this one.
Jason DowlingApr 21 2023, 11:10amHi Brian,

Can the event details be updated to reflect your post as they clearly state that vouchers are accepted as per:

"You will need to REGISTER ON-LINE for the event and for the year if this is your first race this year........ Vouchers are permitted for use at this race. If you have missed on-line registration and do not own a voucher a fellow IMRA member may sell or give a voucher punch"
Greg RobinsApr 22 2023, 8:22amIs there a short course? Asking for a friend ...
Brian McGuckinApr 22 2023, 12:53pmThere will be an early start at 7 for those that are normally 160% of winner and a junior/short course of around 5k which will start after main race.
Mick HanneyApr 22 2023, 5:58pm2 things to bear in mind, that I noticed from Scalp, whilst helping on the laptop:-

1. Runners should run with a visible race no. If you have a 'substitute' race no. make sure the no. on it is clear - a no. written in pen won't cut it.. At the finish line its important we see that no. clearly.

2. If for any reason a runner drops out of the race, please inform the finish line. We need to account for all runners.
Luke CostelloApr 24 2023, 9:11amHi,
Is there a junior race and what distance?
Thanks.
Brian McGuckinApr 24 2023, 9:27amHi Luke,
There will be a junior course which will be around 5k
a marshal will be at the junior turn to point you in the right direction
Eoin EganApr 24 2023, 10:52pmWill there be additional places opening for this event on Wednesday?
Finbar McGurrenApr 24 2023, 11:23pmHi Brian,

I have two young lads aged 7 & 10 looking to race. Can they enter on the night or do additional places need to be opened?

SAVE HOWTH +1
Brian McGuckinApr 25 2023, 7:32amHi,
Unfortunately this is sold out and there is no way to enter on the night.
Brian McGuckinApr 25 2023, 8:07amParking will be free, IMRA will make a donation on behalf of the landowner
Jeff SwordsApr 25 2023, 8:21am2 weeks in a row now that entries have sold out by Monday night/early Tuesday morning.
It's a healthy scene indeed (I've had better luck recently getting in demand tickets from Ticketmaster!).
Anne LyonsApr 25 2023, 9:10amHi could I register tomorrow evening if there are any no shows ,sold out very fast
Jeff SwordsApr 25 2023, 9:23amThere's no transfers Anne.
Miriam MaherApr 25 2023, 7:01pmEvening,

Another popular race as the Wednesday nights roll along! The cap of 200 was an unintentionally placed limit, so we have increased to 250 to allow for anyone who wanted to get in, to still enter now. Race will close for entries when that limit is reached or by 12.00 noon tomorrow, whatever comes first.

There will be caps on some of the races for permit related or other specific reasons. At this stage, to help the race team in their final preps we are just increasing the limit rather than remove it totally.

Excellent number of volunteers signed up, which is so good to see!

Thanks

Miriam
Michelle KilleenApr 25 2023, 9:16pmHi - what time does sign in open and close at tomorrow evening? Thanks a million.
Andrew HanneyApr 25 2023, 11:35pmThere are different course measurements on the event page where it says distance 9.37km whilst the plotaroute says 8,73km ... which is it? Is the plotaroute course correct? Thanks.
Warren SwordsApr 26 2023, 9:55amThe map seems to show the 2022 route while the plotaroute was only done 4 days ago so presume the plotaroute is correct and we're going up to the summit from the east-ish side?

Both great courses but one has a harder climb...
Brian McGuckinApr 26 2023, 10:16amplotaroute is the correct course I can't load the new map as the computer said no,
the route is 8.872km and 28cm exactly, give or take a millimeter,
registration will open at 6 and close at around 7:15 sharp probably,
the entrance to the parking field is a particularly tricky left turn and exit will be at the bottom of the field somewhere.
I hope this clears things up.
might see you tonight.
Andrew HanneyApr 26 2023, 10:22amThanks lads, that 28cm is where the sprint finish will happen :)
Eoin HamiltonApr 26 2023, 10:27amShameless self plug - https://hiiker.app/maps/planned-trails/imra-pws-ll-2022--301042
Brendan LawlorApr 26 2023, 10:37amBrian

Don't forget my Great Ireland 8.6km Run T Shirt that I left in your gentle care.. see you later !
Warren SwordsApr 26 2023, 11:12amThe Hiiker link is the wrong course.

Tonight's course goes anti-clockwise around the summit.
Eoin HamiltonApr 26 2023, 11:24amSo it is the same route but in reverse?
Eoin HamiltonApr 26 2023, 11:26amhttps://hiiker.app/maps/planned-trails/imra-ll-pws-2023--180281

Updated to reflect new route from plotaroute
Alan KennedyApr 26 2023, 11:30amAh Warren, we could have had great craic with half the pack going clockwise and the rest going anti-clockwise and the carnage would make Howth look like a cakewalk. I'll be watching on with interest remotely this week.
Andrew HanneyApr 26 2023, 11:37amInteresting proposal! A marked race where people choose the clockwise or anti clockwise version of a course. The less turns the better to prevent chaos!
Conor NolanApr 26 2023, 11:42amThanks Eoin, that's the correct route now. Main changes from last year are: 1) up beside the wall at the forest gate, 2) anticlockwise summit loop and 3) S from summit then descending alongside the forest boundary.
Mikey FryApr 26 2023, 1:14pmSure Warren I’ll just follow you and if you go wrong it’s your fault and Andy I’ll be watching your 28cm sprint :)))))
Alan AylingApr 26 2023, 1:30pmHalf the pack going one way and half the other isn't entirely new. Ballinastoe a few years back ended up like that. We never really figured out if the right turn arrow got reversed by a member of the public or was just put up the wrong way by the race marker. There was a marshal but said marshal didn't arrive until after the leading pack (sound familiar?). Result = fiasco (sound familiar?).

SAVE HOWTH!!
Mikey FryApr 26 2023, 1:57pmSounds like fun Alan if you went the right way and maybe not much fun the other way:)which way did you go ??
Line Kinlock-MunkApr 26 2023, 1:58pmI'm unable to attend this evening. Is there a way to give my space back as I can see many tried reserving a spot in vain?

Best,
Line
Sean ForsythApr 26 2023, 10:37pmGreat race tonight, thanks very much Brian and crew. Really enjoyed the new route especially the downhills
Brendan LawlorApr 27 2023, 8:21amWell Done and Thank You to Brian and his great team of volunteers for another lovely evening in the hills.

Congratulations to Jason Keogh who earned his Club 100 T Shirt last night as well !
Thomas DonohoeApr 27 2023, 8:36amthanks volunteers and RD for a cracking outing!
Richard FoxApr 27 2023, 9:07amThank you Brian and the many smiling helpful volunteers for a wonderful spin around the hills. A brilliant evenings outing.
Cheers
foxy
Brian EastwoodApr 27 2023, 9:34amHi Brian/ Lillian.
I got the van out there a few mins ago.
Really enjoyed the race too.
Cheers
Brian .
Francis ConroyApr 27 2023, 9:55amThanks for well organised event & d really well marked course & particular thanks to marshals at all d key points
Warren SwordsApr 27 2023, 10:04amThanks Brian and his team of volunteers for a great night of racing. Course was fantastic, new start and forest section was brilliant craic.
John CollinsApr 27 2023, 10:07amGreat racing guys and gals. Thanks y'all for the hospitality and organisation. Well worth the trip up from Cork. Took a wrong turn at the last fireroad and lost a small amount of time. Will new getting cuter as tines goes on! See you in Garryduff DG
Miriam MaherApr 27 2023, 10:08amThanks Brian and all the volunteers, excellent route and general all round great mid week race vibe on a beautiful evening on the hills!

Congrats Jason on the 100th races!
Andrew HanneyApr 27 2023, 3:56pmBrian well done on a great race, thanks to you and the volunteers.. Some amazing times and fantastic weather added to the occasion. Well happy with my high brow prize too:)
Glenn CahillApr 27 2023, 9:07pmThanks all for a great event. I wasn’t asked for parking fee (and didn’t have coins) so made donation directly to Purple House Cancer Support here
https://www.purplehouse.ie/donations/
Andreas KuschApr 27 2023, 10:04pmDark Ralph Lauren Polo Golf zip top found. It's with the race kit. Collect in Ardgillan next week.
John CollinsApr 28 2023, 10:53pmDear Andreas,
that's mine; I'd tied it around a pole very close to the start and was so utterly whacked at the finish that I clean forgot about it. If you'd be so good as to phone me on 0868585956, I could get it from you at a race in the near future?
I'm in Garryduff next Wednesday night but I intend to compete in more Dublin / Wicklow / Leinster races. Y'all rock!

Thank you sincerely
Gerry McGuinnessApr 30 2023, 7:54amThanks Brian and crew for a great nights running.
Brian McGuckinJul 5 2023, 8:38pmA donation of €384 has been passed on to Purple House courtesy of farmer John Williams for the use of his field for parking,
A big thank you to John for his support.