Irish Mountain
Running Association

Arderin - Clear Lake

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Niamh KellyJun 28 2023, 5:27pmHello everyone,

I wanted to provide you with an update regarding the Arderin Clear Loop race. We have made a slight change to the date, and it will now take place on August 13th. This adjustment will allow Galean and his team of volunteers to have ample time for planning following the Slieve Bloom Way event over the weekend.

Thank you,
Niamh
Gaelan ElliffeJun 28 2023, 6:17pmThank you Niamh.

As I am Race Director for this new race date, I promise I will not post as many volunteer requests as i did in the run up to the most recent races ;-)

Apologies for the short notice of the postponement, particularly to those who volunteered or had planned to for the event.

There will be some changes to the route from last year. There will be more information on this soon.

If anyone was pleased with the volunteers and team effort on display last Saturday, if you would be open to volunteering for a few hours on Sunday August 13th it would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions or would like to volunteer for the first time, feel free to get in touch.
It is a good way to get to know more people and to put back into the community.

It has been wonderful to see so many people enjoying last year's Arderin-Clear Lake race and the recent Slieve Bloom Way races. It is great to see there is an appetite for races in this area.

The more volunteers we have the easier it is to plan and organise these races.
Lillian DeeganJul 4 2023, 9:43pmEvening all,
I’m on to note, the shop for this race opened in error this morning. By accident, we missed moving the event calendar to show the revised event date of Aug. 13th. With the necessary update now done, we’ll look to manage the few entries received. We will get in touch with the 9 members directly.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused with the calendar amendment delays our end.

Lillian
Gaelan ElliffeJul 10 2023, 12:58amThank you Lillian for your help and for contacting these members.

The event page for this race has been updated. As the course description states there is a change with the route to this years race.

The route has plenty to offer. Lots of open mountain, easy ground, challenging ground and fun single-track. I'm glad the race was postponed from today as the aquatic weather would have made a wetsuit necessary.

As with the recent Slieve Bloom Way races this race is very centrally located and can be reached within an hours drive from many parts of the country.

This race takes in about 6km of the old Slieve Bloom Way and the rest is open mountain. This course has quite a different feel to the recent three races with it being more remote and much more challenging underfoot. It makes for a good introduction albeit a testing one to open mountain running in the Slieve Blooms.

If anyone would like to volunteer for this race, in a (running) racing or non-running role please volunteer on the event page or feel free to contact me.

A First Aider, help with registration, the finish line and some marshalls about the course are needed.

Perhaps you are not able to race but are keen to come along, help out and have some fun on the day. Maybe you really enjoyed the recent SBW races and would like to give back to the community. It is volunteers which allow these races take place. Thank you, your help is very much appreciated.
Gaelan ElliffeJul 21 2023, 8:24pmIf anyone would like to volunteer and help out at this race in three weeks time, your help would would be very much appreciated. Please feel free to volunteer on the event page.

The race currently needs quite a few volunteers:
A first aider
Help at registration and the finish
Marshalls out on the course
And help with refreshments.

As mentioned previously, there is a change to to the route from last year. See the map on the event page. Last year's race was well received, it will be great to see people racing on this lovely and challenging route.
Gaelan ElliffeAug 1 2023, 8:57amNot long to go to this race, with entries open next Monday.

With the Slieve Blooms Mountains being very centrally located, it would be great to see a large turn out like last year.

Sorry to ask again. If anyone would like to volunteer for this race, we are short a number of important positions for this race. A couple of people have kindly offered to help mark the course. Other than that there are lots of roles which peoples help with for a few hours on the day would be greatly appreciated. There is space for a few racing volunteers also.

It is volunteers which allow this these races take place. This race entry will cost €7. Thanks in advance.

Please spread the word of this race with your local running groups.
Niamh KellyAug 6 2023, 10:03pmHi Everyone,

I am on to see if we can get some more volunteers for Our RD Gaelan ahead of Next Sunday race if you can help out, we would greatly appreciate it

Thank you,
Niamh
Gaelan ElliffeAug 9 2023, 8:15pmNice to see entries open for this Sunday's race.

Thank you for the call Niamh.

This race still needs a couple of more non-running volunteers to help marshall the course and to help at the finish line. A big thank you to those who have volunteered so far. It is volunteers which allow these races to take place and to keep the cost of this race as low as €7.

For anyone who would like to volunteer and maybe hasn't for an imra race before. It is a good way to see what goes in behind the scenes to allow these races happen and to meet friendly people. If any prospective volunteers have any questions feel free to message here or me on Gaelan (dot) elliffe at gmail.com
Gaelan ElliffeAug 11 2023, 12:05amEverything is in motion for another great race in the Slieve Bloom Mountains this Sunday. Entries are open until Saturday afternoon.

There will be an early start at 10:00 for anyone who thinks they will need it.
There will also be a short course of approximately 5km all on open mountain.

It is worth noting for anyone travelling from the north, there is likely to be heavy traffic due to the Tullamore Show.
Gaelan ElliffeAug 11 2023, 8:13amAn email has been sent to volunteers this morning.
I sent it to the email address you have registered with your imra profile.

Thank you again :-)
Sarah FlanaganAug 13 2023, 9:18amTraffic very heavy on all routes around Tullamore show. Leave time if you are travelling that way.
Conor NolanAug 13 2023, 6:14pmWhat a fantastic route, After the initial, mostly downhill fireroad, it was a pure bog, very soft after recent rains. Challenging in parts. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Well marked, though one group did stray (it only takes one to be the Pied Piper) ,lots of marshalls (thanks) and a great spread at the carpark. The uphill finish was cruel, but fair :). Thanks to the crew for organising this race. Definitely one to target next year, if you missed it.
Rob TobinAug 13 2023, 6:18pmThanks to Gaelan and volunteers for a great morning of mucking about in the Slieve Blooms. Race report to follow.
Gaelan ElliffeAug 14 2023, 10:51amYou're welcome Rob.

A big thank you to the volunteers which helped Saturday and Sunday. It is because of volunteers these races can take place and cost as little as yesterday's race at €7.

Well done to everyone who finished the course yesterday. I really like running on open mountain. No two days are the same in a wild environment as this years and last years race showed.
Niamh KellyAug 14 2023, 12:20pmWell done to all who ran yesterday, I know it was a cruel finish for you all coming up the hill but it made my job much easier

Well done and thank you again to RD Gaelan and everyone who volunteered making it a great day out
Karen DevenneyAug 14 2023, 9:05pmHuge thanks to Gaelan & all the volunteers yesterday for a fantastic, mucky day out in the Slieve Blooms. Lots of slip sliding around & sinking into bog holes, not to mention the lovely uphill finish! Not sure I'd have made it to the top without the promise of the yummy refreshments back at the cars, which were definitely worth the final slog. Thanks so much, great day out!