Irish Mountain
Running Association

Cratloe

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
John CollinsMay 7 2023, 5:09pmGreetings from Mallow,
could anyone kindly put up a map of the course please?
Kindest Regards. John Collins MRCVS
Martin CooneyJun 4 2023, 12:20amHi John,
Please find link here for race route:

https://www.plotaroute.com/mobile/route/1718533

Parking is at the Cratloe Church carpark with access to the start of the race through the grotto across the road. Link to carpark: Wood Road, Cratloe, Co. Clare, V95 CF44.

There will be more details up soon when registration opens.
Many Thanks, Martin Cooney.
Eoin Mac MahonJun 8 2023, 7:43amI'm down as a volunteer race marker, I'm free all week and can do whatever you want. My number is 089 245 4122
Barbara GillJun 11 2023, 7:45pmJust wondering what the distance is for the junior race.
Thanks a million.
John CollinsJun 12 2023, 11:02amThank you!
Pawel CyganikJun 12 2023, 11:20amHi lads, I'm new here but if you need volunteers for Cratloe Woods run please let me know as I live just around the corner and pretty often I do my trainings up there.
Regards,
Pawel
Martin CooneyJun 12 2023, 11:02pmJunior race is 2.5km with 50m ascent/descent.
Martin CooneyJun 12 2023, 11:04pmHi Pawel, if you want to come by, then you are most welcome.
Martin CooneyJun 12 2023, 11:09pmPLEASE SPRAY YOURSELVES WITH MIDGIE SPRAY ON THE NIGHT OF THE RACE- THEY ARE FEASTING AFTER THE RAIN!
Geraghty stephenJun 13 2023, 9:37pmHi any chance of signing up ? Didn’t realise it was closed at 6pm .
Darren BaxterJun 13 2023, 10:15pmI didn't realise deadline either local to me too damn
John CollinsJun 15 2023, 10:29amThank you all The Good Samaritans who helped me with my Landcruiser Saga last evening, especially Brian whose dexterity meant I could drive back to Mallow. If I can help those involved in the veterinary sphere or otherwise, please don't be stuck like I was last night! Great racing, tribing and feeding!
my mobile number is 0868585956
Thank y'all!!
Martin CooneyJun 15 2023, 5:00pmHi John,
Brian Sheedy had the magical small hands which helped get your keys back.
Delighted that you enjoyed the race, pre-race lighting & loud sound effects & the apres-race food..
Martin CooneyJun 15 2023, 5:09pmBig thanks to all the IMRA Volunteers who helped marshal the course. A special mention to 4 of the Newmarket Celtic FAI Junior Cup winning team (Shane, Cathal, Kevin & Stephen) who gave up their evening to help marshal the course & Shane running the course as our tail-runner.

Special thanks to Frank Counghlan who marked the course's technical sections (twice)!

Lastly; thanks to all the runners who braved the thunder & lightning from various areas of Munster to join us- really appreciated.... Great to see Ted, Brian & Julie on the course- True IMRA legends!

That's it for me, Martin (RD).
Brian FlannellyJun 15 2023, 10:39pmResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie