Irish Mountain
Running Association

Carrauntoohill Classic

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Francis KellyJun 15 2022, 2:07pmHi all,

I'm looking for a lift back to Galway City after the event. Happy to pay for fuel and share driving.

Francis
Robbie WilliamsJul 7 2022, 2:17pmPlease note the Classic is now Full.
Francis KellyJul 12 2022, 9:07pmI'm finding it difficult to get a lift back to Galway.

Any chance of a lift to Limerick City after the event?
William Paul FenwickJul 14 2022, 10:57pmHi guys, me and a pal are staying in Killarney but don't have a lift to or from the race. If any could give us a lift please, it would be much appreciated. We're very flexible on arrival and departure times.
Aidan O'DonoghueJul 14 2022, 11:26pmWilliam I can give you a lift in the morning but you would have to make your own way back to Killarney.

I am running in the shorter race - Cronin's Yard Trail - and will have already departed by the time your event finishes.
Gerard O'SullivanJul 16 2022, 9:05amFYI, won't make the start line unfortunately.
Flew in from Tasmania on Tuesday, down with Covid now.
Best of luck with the event, was very keen to do the run
William Paul FenwickJul 16 2022, 2:00pmHi Aidan, that would be grand if we could get a lift there with you please.

Can you text or ring me on +447891933408 to arrange a pick up time and location?
Patrick McGowanJul 16 2022, 2:46pmHi William, I can give you lads a lift back to Killarney. You may have to wait a while for me to actually finish though. I am sure ye won't be stuck for a lift out anyway.
I will call you after a race to see how you are fixed.

Paddy
William Paul FenwickJul 16 2022, 4:02pmThat's grand, we don't mind waiting at all.

Thanks very much Paddy.
RuairĂ­ McGrathJul 16 2022, 7:48pmHi all,
Is the race starting at 11 am or 1 pm tomorrow? Just noticed the differences on the calendar page!
Robbie WilliamsJul 17 2022, 7:40am11am
Robbie WilliamsJul 17 2022, 7:42amRuairi where did you see the 1pm time
Lisa HegartyJul 18 2022, 7:42amA really enjoyable run yesterday, sunshine and all, thanks to all volunteers, marshals, Robbee and co for organising a brill event :)
Christopher MurnaneJul 18 2022, 10:24amGreat event as always, thanks to Robbie, all the volunteers and especially the 2 marshals at the top by the cross who had completed the reeks on Saturday!! Looking forward to next year already
Fiola FoleyJul 18 2022, 10:51amWell done to everyone who took part. It was great to see and a big thanks to Robbie and his team for their organization - top class!
Fiola FoleyJul 18 2022, 10:51amWell done to everyone who took part. It was great to see, and a big thanks to Robbie and his team for their organization - top class!
Patricia RyanJul 18 2022, 11:08amThanks a million to Robbie and all the wonderful volunteers for a fantastic weekend in Kerry.
Kieran RussellJul 18 2022, 11:24amWell done to all the team, great event and atmosphere as usual.
Warren SwordsJul 18 2022, 6:48pmThanks to Robbie and all the volunteers for a ridiculously good weekend in Kerry. The set up was as good as it gets for a race and volunteers went above and beyond given the hot conditions for both Skyline and Classic.

Not many opportunities to race to top of the mtn in such conditions. Going up was tough, coming down was even harder! Quads were fried on the Zig Zags.

But a cold beer, a cold shower and a hot bbq at finish made the pain a distant memory. There was even a sauna on hand and cold water barrell dip.

It was a fitting end to a class weekend in Cronin's Yard. Mark it in your calendar for next year. Munster put on a great show
Brian FlannellyJul 18 2022, 7:21pmResults are now up for this event - any questions/queries on them, please email:
brian <dot> flannelly <at> imra <dot> ie