Irish Mountain
Running Association

Djouce -The Ayling Abyss

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Dan GeelonJun 7 2022, 9:21amFolks, the Ayling Abyss coming up next week, and if you are free, we could do with a few more volunteers.
Paul FlynnJun 8 2022, 10:33amIs the tree felling going to be affecting the race next week, or is it just this week?
Lillian DeeganJun 8 2022, 12:14pmHi Paul,

Yep, the AA is a gonner also. We are tentatively looking at moving Brockagh forward and the Abyss out to mid July. Both respective race directors are able to swap for us, thankfully.

Once I have the revised permit ok’d from the NPWS side, I’ll be able to confirm the event change. If we don’t get the Brockagh permit for next Wednesday, I’ve a 2nd swap in mind but more on that later if option 1 fails us.
Dan GeelonJul 7 2022, 12:29pmFolks, next up in the Leinster League is Djouce - The Ayling Abyss on wednesday, we are doing ok on volunteer's but we could do with a few more so if you are not running, you can get some volunteering duties out of the way and enjoy a great evening out. with the IMRAcrew.
Stephen KENNEDYJul 11 2022, 9:52amHi Dan,
Any reason why entries are still disabled for this?
Maybe i missed an update somewhere?
Thanks,
Stephen
Stuart ScottJul 11 2022, 12:25pmStephen, the website seems to have a few technical issues at the moment so it might be connected. I'd say keep an eye on the forum for updates!
Sarah BradyJul 12 2022, 11:07amHi there, would anyone be able to give me a lift from Dublin to this tomorrow please?? I'm in Dublin 8 but can travel to meet someone, ideally on the Red Luas line. Thank you!!
Rebecca MarshallJul 12 2022, 11:32amHi, just looking to do my first Leinster league. Just wondering do I need to purchase a chip prior to the event and is this available to collect on the evening of the event. Thanks.
Dan GeelonJul 12 2022, 12:25pmRebecca, as you have already got IMRA membership, you will be able to pick up your chip at the race for free and keep this chip for all races. If you are planning on running tomorrow evening at Djouce Ayling Abyss, the race entries will be closing at 6.00pm tonight.
Rebecca MarshallJul 12 2022, 12:35pmThanks, Dan.
Dan GeelonJul 12 2022, 12:41pmFolks, just a reminder, entries for Djouce - The Ayling Abyss are open now but will be closing at 6.00pm, don't leave it too late ....no late entries or transfers are allowed.
Niall McGuinnessJul 12 2022, 3:50pmHi Sarah, I'll be driving from Dublin 12. Would be happy to give you a lift.
Paul KevilleJul 12 2022, 4:39pmI'm looking for a lift tomorrow if anyone is passing near firhouse. Thanks paul
Eamonn HodgeJul 12 2022, 6:02pmAdded entry to basket but hadn't completed before entries closed! Could I get a voucher for someone (my last 4 punches went through the wash!)
Eamonn HodgeJul 12 2022, 6:03pm*from* someone
Rory BurkeJul 12 2022, 6:21pmAlso looking for a spare voucher if anyone can offer - managed to siesta my way through the entry deadline!
Sarah BradyJul 12 2022, 7:46pmThanks a mil @Niall but I got sorted! :)
James HigginsJul 13 2022, 8:22amPaul, you are welcome to join me. I'm leaving from Knocklyon but aiming for the early start if that would work for you. If so link in via the carpool or call me at 086-three26313nine.
Niall LynchJul 14 2022, 8:05amI found a green Innov Grip trail shoe in Carpark after race, it was beside Miley's car. I can bring it along to next weeks race.
Thanks for a great race last night folks, particularly to all volunteers out on the mountain getting eaten alive by the flies.
Roelie SmitJul 14 2022, 8:42amDan, congrats on your first event as RD. Thanks to you and the team of volunteers for a great event last night. Always appreciated. Lovely evening in the hills.
Phil behanJul 14 2022, 8:49amWell done last night Dan, Jo and all the team. Very well run event congrats on the first RD. Great job !
Dan GeelonJul 14 2022, 9:26amThanks to all the hard working volunteer's on last night's Ayling Abyss that enabled the race to run smoothly, too many to mention but everyone dug in to do a great job.
Alice ClancyJul 14 2022, 11:33amWell done Dan and team, that was a cracker of a race, lovely evening in the pub and an excellent job as first time RD by Dan!
Kudos also to the evil genius behind this route.....!
Gavin DunneJul 14 2022, 12:53pmWell done to Dan and all the volunteers. Some great encouragement along the way always helps. Great race. Vey enjoyable.
Warren SwordsJul 14 2022, 1:24pmWell done to Dan and team for a great race.

Class course as always. Can't be many races that gives you jelly legs at the lowest point of the course.
John FitzgeraldJul 14 2022, 1:59pmWell done Dan,Joseph and all your great team of volunteers
for an epic race on the Ayling Abyss.Great job and congrats
on your First R.D.
Linda RowdenJul 14 2022, 11:50pmCongratulations to Dan for an excellent first race as RD and thanks to all the volunteers, especially the marshals for their super encouragement along that epic route!!
Paul MahonJul 15 2022, 10:49amThanks to Dan and his team of marshals for a superbly run race - Route has something for everyone with the variety of terrain and certainly lots of "Fun Run" elements :-)
Dave DochertyJul 15 2022, 2:36pmStellar Job with first RD Dan. The farther I get from that race the more I like it. The last 300m was pure torture. The marshals were a great boost, Foxy was so excited he was just short the cheer leaders outfit.
Well done all!