Irish Mountain
Running Association

Dublin Mountain Half: To Hell with the Fairies

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Jorge VilanovaMay 3 2019, 11:18amHi, where can I see the track or map of race profile? Are there refreshments? Thanks!
Kevin CollierAug 3 2019, 9:55pmTry https://www.strava.com/routes/20774258
Kevin CollierAug 3 2019, 9:58pmApologies for the multiple replies.
Robert CostelloSep 2 2019, 12:54pmVOLUNTEERS NEEDED

Hi folks.
It's that time of year again when the IMRA calendar winds down and people turn to other adventures. But before we finish up for the winter there are a few events to go and none other than the Dublin Mountain Half marathon.
This race (and current course) is in it's second year and if last year was anything to go by it should be a popular morning on the hills. We're sticking with last years route - a loop up Hellfire, up through Masseys, over through Cruagh Wood, up Tibradden, turn around by Fairycastle and back to Masseys for a fast downhill finish.
If you are keen to help on the day please sign up through the event page. At the moment we have a number of volunteer roles to fill.
Thanks in advance,
Rob Costello
Race Director
Sarah BradySep 2 2019, 4:11pmI put my name down as a helper, Rob. I see you already have a first aid officer, but if you need two I have training in that too. :)
Robert CostelloSep 2 2019, 8:47pmThanks a mill Sarah.
Mark McInerneySep 3 2019, 2:16pmJust wondering when registration will open
Richard NunanSep 6 2019, 10:43amRegistration is OPEN
Gaelan ElliffeSep 8 2019, 2:25pmI wonder if places are limited for this race.If there is big demand is it likely I will still be able to purchase a ticket closer to the event?

Thanks, Gaelan
Chris MarkSep 16 2019, 4:31pmHi Rob,

Must all runners be IMRA members? I've a couple folks who might be interested in this, but it doesn't seem possible to buy IMRA membership online at this point.

(Thanks a mil to everyone who's volunteered for this race - looks like a great course)

Cheers,
Chris
Pádraig DoyleSep 20 2019, 9:08amHow's it going Rob.
Is this one sold out? It's not available for purchase at the moment and I need to know how much money I have left for pints this weekend.

Thanks.
P.
Conor O'FarrellSep 25 2019, 4:12pmIt's still open Padraig. Did you get sorted?

Con
David NoonanSep 25 2019, 8:53pmHey, thinking of doing this event I'm used to running in Munster, not too sure how the chip system works in Leinster as it's not in Munster. Just when I buy it does it arrive to my house or do I have to collect on day of race? If someone could let me know if appreciate it.
Kevin O'RiordanSep 25 2019, 10:57pmHi David,

You collect it at your first race.

Your first chip is included with your annual membership fee. You only need to purchase a replacement chip from the store if you lose your chip.
Pádraig DoyleSep 25 2019, 10:59pm@ Conor.
Yep... Gordon actually pointed out... it's hard to buy race entry twice.

There's a slap-head emoji here somewhere... just can't quite put my finger on it!

Thanks!
P.
Andrew MooreSep 30 2019, 3:57pmHello guys, just join up to the IMRA. Interested in purchasing a ticket for the Dublin Mountain Half but cant seem to find the payment position.

Any help would be appreciated?

Regards
Andrew
Andrew HanneySep 30 2019, 4:04pmWelcome to IMRA Andrew, when you're logged into the site, you will see the option to "purchase IMRA products". The entry to the half is there, 15 Euro.
Colin FitzsimonsSep 30 2019, 7:43pmHeya folks. What time will be the cutoff for this? Interested in going but want to make sure I'm not holding anyone up if I'm a bit slower then the rest of ye.
Kevin CollierOct 2 2019, 9:45pmHi- I ran a couple of races back in January and did not receive a chip. Will I receive it at this race? Do I need to have one?
Alex CuestaOct 4 2019, 5:51pmHi! I´m new in Ireland and I don´t know how the organization works to the inscription. I have paid the annual membership and the entry for the event. When and where will I pick up my race number and chip?
Moreover, I don´t have car to arrive to the start of the race. How can I arrive there? For now there is not any car signed up to share it.
Thanks in advance
Gordon PlaceOct 4 2019, 6:35pmHi Alex, welcome to IMRA. You'll collect your number and chip (if it's being used for the race) at registration/sign in on the day of the race. Hopefully someone else will offer a lift. I can't make the race unfortunately.
Gordon
Robert CostelloOct 7 2019, 10:10amHi Colin,
There is no cut off time as such but if you check last year's results you will get an idea of the times of the back markers. Last year our final two finishers too 3 hours and 17 minutes which meant we wrapped up everything by 1.30pm. We'll be hoping for similar this year.
Rob
Robert CostelloOct 7 2019, 10:19amVOLUNTEERS NEEDED.
Hi all,
I currently have 11 (including myself) signed up as non-running volunteers for next Sunday. Last year we had 19 and needed everyone. If you are sitting on the fence on this one can I please ask you to put your name forward. It's important that we get at least 18 volunteers in order for the race to go ahead. As of this morning we have 99 runners taking part.
Thanks,
Rob
Brian McDermottOct 8 2019, 1:31amHi. I paid for membership this year, but as things turned out, haven't run a race yet. I paid for entry to this one, and I'm wondering if my race number/chip will be waiting for me at registration? Thanks for reading
Henny BrandsmaOct 8 2019, 11:39amHi Robert,I am down as volunteer for Sunday's race,but am do to a knee problem restricted ,so if possible would like a job either at roadcrossing by Cruach woods,or at the pine forest entrance.or could just help by start and finish.
Regards Henny.
Jenny LawlerOct 8 2019, 11:57amHi Robert,

I'm also down as a volunteer. I'll have 3 kids with me, so I am happy to stand in the forest somewhere that I can park within a few km of, or you can imagine some kid friendly job I'm sure :)
Thanks,
Jenny
Joe LalorOct 8 2019, 2:52pmHi Rob, put me down as volunteer on Sun., no restrictions time or place. Joe
Andrew MooreOct 8 2019, 8:16pmHello everyone again, we are 2 maybe 3 people traveling via public transport to Scholars pub. I am not sure how it works? Is the carpool from Scholars pub to the race always work on the morning? Or should we plan to get bus to Scholars pub and then walk ourselves up to Hellfire :-)?
Sarah BradyOct 9 2019, 12:05pmHi Rob, I've switched back to non-running volunteer due to small hamstring niggle. I'm free all day for whatever needs doing. :)
Robert CostelloOct 9 2019, 11:27pmThanks to all of the additional volunteers. Email went out with instructions this evening.
@Andrew. If you can get to Scholars before 9am there are likely to be people meeting there to go to the race who can give you a lift. It's about 4kms from there so a long walk!
Also, keep an eye out for the carpool section of the race page. Often people make their their car available from destinations across Dublin before the race.
@Brian, we will have your chip at the start registration.

@ everyone else, PLEASE REMEMBER NO RACE VOUCHERS FOR THIS RACE AND ENTRIES CLOSE ON FRIDAY.
Rob
Ailbe QuinlanOct 10 2019, 9:57amHi Robert,
This will be my first imra race this year, so another one in need of a chip. Can I get this at registration?
Ailbe
Alex CuestaOct 10 2019, 4:49pmHi!
Is there going to be any shower service? And bag storage service? Where?
Thank you!
Gordon PlaceOct 10 2019, 5:08pmHi Alex, there is no shower service, although there is a nice cool river nearby ;). And there's no bag storage service unless someone kindly lets you leave it in their car if you get a lift.

Ailbe, all new members, your numbers and chips can be collected at registration
Nigel McCabeOct 10 2019, 8:26pmJust want to ask is there an early start option for this race?
Ian HarrisonOct 11 2019, 6:22pmIs there any mandatory gear?
Gordon PlaceOct 11 2019, 7:14pmIan, you'll need a Waterproof jacket anyway as per all IMRA races
Garret DoyleOct 12 2019, 10:26amHi i am signed up for imra is their any chance i can do dublin half trail tomorrow.

Regards garret
Garret DoyleOct 12 2019, 10:26amHi i am signed up for imra is their any chance i can do dublin half trail tomorrow.

Regards garret
Robert CostelloOct 12 2019, 12:49pmHi all,
We will have a drink station at Cruagh wood (7.5km in and again on the way back). In an effort to become more sustainable we are limiting the use of plastic cups so PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN WATER CUPS/BOTTLES if you require a fill up.
@Garret Sorry but entry is now closed.
@Ian per Gordon's comment, waterproof jacket
@Nigel no early start option as we have volunteers from start until when the last person finishes and no issues with darkness.
@Alex no showers. Bring a towel and there's a stream in Masseys you could jump into! LOL.
@Alex no storage but if you are driving up use your car. If you are car pooling then ask the driver.
Thanks,
Rob
Robert CostelloOct 12 2019, 2:30pmHi all,
The timing mat won't be in use tomorrow so no need for chips in case you are wondering. There will be chips in Scholars afterwards though!
Rob
Robert CostelloOct 12 2019, 2:33pm@Garret, entries are actually still open until 6pm today. As it stand we have 144 entered and are capped at 150. You can enter in the Purchase IMRA Products page above.
Rob
Mike LongOct 13 2019, 1:48pmMany thanks to Robert and his team for a great race in interesting conditions this morning Great course Really well marked Special thanks to all the marshals Not an easy job in a long race like this
John McCannOct 13 2019, 10:21pmThank you to Rob and all the volunteers for a fantastic morning on the hills. The route was great fun, if a bit mudfest :-) Lovely food afterwards.
Ken CowleyOct 14 2019, 5:22amWhat a great event yesterday was! Well done to the RD, and all of the volunteers for their work on what was a long day for them in testing conditions. The route was fantastic, long, varied, and with mother nature giving us some very entertaining muddy downhills (especially the forest stretches) and puddle-jumping opportunities. Finally, a tip of my (very wet) hat to the course-marker on a superb job..
Andrew MooreOct 14 2019, 6:20amThanks everyone for yesterday. So much fun!
Robert CostelloOct 14 2019, 9:48amWell done to the 101 brave souls who made it out to run the DMH yesterday. The race is tough in good conditions so to take part and finish yesterday's constant downpour was no mean feat.
A big thank you to the 20+ volunteers, without whom this race would not be possible. The road crossings, mountain summits and single forest track all provide a high degree of difficulty so the fact that we got everyone back without a major incident is a testament to the effort of all involved.
A special thank you to our race markers and de-markers - it's a bit of an effort over such a long course, our finish line helpers - for dealing with timing contingency plans and importantly getting the gazebo up, to our road marshals and first aiders, to Jenny and her kids on the drinks (and jaffa cakes!) aid station, and to our summit marshals - we even had a tin whistle player!
As some of you may have picked up, we were unable to use the timing mat yesterday so we had to revert to the manual record checking so please bear with us while we sort out the results and have them posted very shortly.
Thanks again,
Rob
Rachel BurgessOct 14 2019, 10:17amThanks so much everyone for a great event yesterday! My first imra run in a few years-had forgotten how much fun it was :-)
Liz RyanOct 14 2019, 10:19amGreat event yesterday!! Top marks to the organisers and volunteers, not an easy task in yesterday's weather. I really enjoyed the run!
Paul DriscollOct 14 2019, 11:55amBrilliant event yesterday loved the route and the weather made it all the more enjoyable. Big thanks to all the organisers and volunteers ye all done a fantastic job and the tea and sambos in scholar's was well appreciated. Will definitely return next year
Brian McDermottOct 14 2019, 11:57amMany thanks to everyone who made yesterday possible, great experience.
Maola­osa McHughOct 14 2019, 9:20pmThanks to the organisers and volunteers for a great race yesterday.
Conor O'FarrellOct 16 2019, 11:00amHi All

Results are now up. Please email results@imra.ie for any queries.

Thanks
Con
Justin O'KeeffeOct 16 2019, 12:26pmThanks to Rob & all the volunteers for such a great event. Was tough but the support from the marshalls ( who had stood in the rain for hours) was really appreciated. Thanks all!
Pádraig DoyleOct 16 2019, 7:02pmRobert and the Hot Stillettos,
Thanks for running a great race on Sunday. The mud and rain made it extra double good.

P.