Irish Mountain
Running Association

Mweelrea

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Anne-Marie FlahertyJun 11 2019, 1:59pmHi folks!

Putting out a call for a few more running and non-running volunteers for this event on 29 June.

[*] In particular looking for a first aider.

[*] Also, if anybody is in a position to be a shadow laptop operator (running or non-running) to show new laptop operator the basics that would be greatly appreciated!

A.M.
Anne-Marie FlahertyJun 17 2019, 9:54amMassive thanks to eve
Anne-Marie FlahertyJun 17 2019, 9:56amMassive thanks to everyone who has volunteered already.

Still in need of a First Aid volunteer, if anyone is available.

Thanks!
Stuart ScottJun 17 2019, 8:16pmHi all,

Please see my separate thread about the annual Connacht Champs bbq and camping. The more the merrier, but if you could let us know in advance that'd be great. Hopefully see you down there for the best weekend of the year! https://www.imra.ie/forum/topic/id/5292

Stuart
Anne-Marie FlahertyJun 22 2019, 9:10amStill need a First Aid volunteer for this race, in order for it to go ahead.

I’ll be in touch with volunteers tomorrow evening with roles.

Thanks again to everyone who has signed up to help out on the day!
Luke McMullanJun 24 2019, 5:26pmHi All.

I see there were 35+ Dublin/Wicklow competitors running at Mweelrea last year. Wondering if there are any car pooling opportunities this year from the Dublin area to Mweelrea this weekend I could maybe hop in with for the craic, shared fuel expenses, and the (pre-BBQ) introductions? :)

Thanks,
Luke
Brian KitsonJun 25 2019, 3:14pmHi Luke,

I'll be going up on the saturday morning. Drop me a message if you need a lift. Maybe some of your speed genes will rub off on me.

Brian0862333155
Donal CashmanJun 25 2019, 5:09pmJust wondering.....

Are you taking registration on the day of the race with the IMRA Race VOUCHERs?
or is it pre-registration only?
Anne-Marie FlahertyJun 25 2019, 7:13pmHi Donal,

Yes, vouchers will be taken on the day.

Thanks

Anne-Marie
Lillian DeeganJun 26 2019, 12:47pmHey all,

This race needs a first aid volunteer. Can we find anyone willing and able to give RD Ann-Marie a hand for her 1st RD role ?

No FAO - No Race.

All IMRA events need a first aid person to allow for a race proceed. A decision will be made on Thursday evening if Mweelrea goes ahead this weekend.

Lillian
Anne-Marie FlahertyJun 27 2019, 4:45pmHi folks

The race WILL go ahead. Massive thanks to volunteers!

Few things to note, or bring with you on the day.

Weather looks like it should stay good (Child of Prague is out)

* Jacket is mandatory as per IMRA rules
* Sunscreen and a drink/water. It’s quite exposed, so can get hot!
* Race vouchers are accepted for this race (If you are due to collect vouchers please have confirmation of purchase)
* Pre Registration closes tomorrow (FRIDAY)

Early Start:
There will be an early start at 13:00. Please let us know at sign in if you plan to take this option.

Thanks again to everyone who has been helping me out behind the scenes, looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday!
Anne-Marie FlahertyJun 28 2019, 9:31amThere will be NO water provided on the summit, so please ensure you bring your own hydration if you feel you may need it.

See you tomorrow!
Anne-Marie FlahertyJun 29 2019, 5:55pmThanks to everyone who travelled to Mweelrea today.
The weather played ball, so we could go to the summit.

Huge thanks to everyone who helped me today and in the build up to the race. First time as RD, so I’ve learned a lot and appreciated the support.

Fiona, Ciarán, David, Daniela, Eoin, Conor, Paddy, Alastair, Judy, Gerry, Pauline, Vivian and Lillian.

Particular mention to Maike who stepped in as first aid officer, which allowed the race to go ahead.

Also, Karen as summit marshal, it can be a lonely job!

Results are up.
Thanks to Conor and Alastair for the quick work!

Time for some BBQ!

Anne-Marie
Pádraig DoyleJun 30 2019, 1:49pmThanks Anne-Mweerea for a great race yesterday. A great debut from you.

It's amazing how much hardship can be meted out by one mountain. It's more amazing how a slice of ginger cake, a mug if tea and a dip in the sea makes the hardship seem like fun.

P.
Conor O'FarrellJul 1 2019, 10:19pmI just posted some more photos, courtesy of Paddy Lord.