Irish Mountain
Running Association

Trooperstown Hill

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Rosy TempleJun 13 2019, 8:09amHi Rachel, I'm available to volunteer as a helper for the race if you need some volunteers. Thanks, Rosy (Temple)
Rachel CinnsealachJun 13 2019, 2:44pmThank is brilliant Rosy. Thanks a million. Could you sign up under the volunteers on the IMRA forum.
Rosy TempleJun 14 2019, 7:53amCool, thanks Rachel, I've just done that.
Justin O'KeeffeJul 2 2019, 10:31amRachel
Am trying to get 2 of my 3 kids in the running & am looking to see if a slightly shorter or a 'junior' junior course is possible. I think Niamh is marking

Looking at the junior route, it included a lot of the distance and most of the climbing up to 400m. thanks a lot!
Leslie HanczJul 2 2019, 6:49pmHi, can anyone help me? I bought ticket last week but it is valid for Tibradden on 10 July and I don’t have ticket for tomorrow. Can anyone give me voucher please? Thanks Leslie
Brian KitsonJul 2 2019, 7:10pmMy understanding is that junior courses are under 5km. Is it different tomorrow?
Gordon PlaceJul 2 2019, 7:46pmHi Leslie, just hang around the sign in desk tomorrow and someone will sell you a punch from their voucher card
Leslie HanczJul 2 2019, 10:31pmThanks
Bianca van BavelJul 3 2019, 2:58pmHi There! I'm fairly new to IMRA and just trying to figure out getting a lift (I've seen the carpool section).
Is there a way to connect with people who might be leaving from somewhere closer to Dublin city centre this eve?
Thanks
Bianca
Rachel CinnsealachJul 3 2019, 3:02pmThe junior course is to the top of Trooperstown hill Brian. It does not continue onto boots hill. Charlie will be fine with the junior course.
Louis MulleeJul 3 2019, 3:31pmQuick reminder of the parking arrangements(from race Details page)

CARPOOL: Carpooling is mandatory as parking is very limited.

Strictly NO PARKING around the Rescue base building or curtilage. You must drive on to the Coillte car parks at the Avonmore River and walk/jog/warm up back to the registration centre.

WARNING: As noted above, single occupancy cars may be directed to park in Laragh and jog to the registration / start (1.6km).

Please follow parking marshals' directions at all times or you will be reported as a DNF.
Mick HanneyJul 3 2019, 9:56pmThanks Rachel and crew for a great event this evening. It really was glorious conditions for running.

One suggestion. On an out-and-back route like this, when the evenings are long, there is no need for an early start or indeed, if it must happen, start the early start at 7.15. We were meeting early starters coming back against us - and them meeting us - from quite early in the main race and given the narrow tracks and sun in the eyes we were all probably a hazard for each other.
Evan HoggJul 3 2019, 10:27pmHi, I ran the long course but my result down for running the short course. I was wondering if this could be fixed? Thanks
Evan HoggJul 3 2019, 10:32pmAlso my time was wrong, I didn’t do it in 38:25, thanks again
Shane O'MalleyJul 3 2019, 11:10pmThanks for a great race. Always well organised, marked and marshalled that we forget that it is all volunteers so thank you for that.

I will agree with Mick that in an out and back route that everyone should be reminded to stay on the right of the track where there is a possibility of meeting oncoming traffic.
Conor O'FarrellJul 4 2019, 12:15amHi All

With the results now up, please email any queries to results@imra.ie, thanks Kevin for posting them and taking on the laptop like a boss!

Also, thanks to everyone who made for a great race tonight.

Con
Mary CollinsJul 4 2019, 8:38amThanks Rachel and all your helpful volunteers for a well organised race event last night. Mary Collins
Paul GrantJul 4 2019, 2:32pmGreat run yesterday evening, thanks to Rachel and all the volunteers for organising a great event. The route marking was excellent.
James ClancyJul 4 2019, 2:40pmThanks a mil to Rachel and her team, really amazing race last night and fantastic organisation. Such a beautiful evening!!
James ClancyJul 4 2019, 2:41pmThanks a mil to Rachel and her team, really amazing race last night and fantastic organisation. Such a beautiful evening!!
Brendan LawlorJul 4 2019, 2:43pmWell done and thanks to Rachel and team for a great race last night. Thanks also to Paul Nolan and the Glen of Imaal Mountain Rescue Team for the use of their base. And thanks to whoever put that river down beside the finish line - bliss !
Brian KitsonJul 5 2019, 1:03amReport up.

As an off topic aside. Along with my thanks to Rachel and all her helpers I'd like to offer a heart-felt hat-tip to Stuart, Alice, Anne Marie and everyone else who but on such a wonderful weekend up in Mayo.

Myself and Charlie had a blast. Thanks you all.
John McCannJul 5 2019, 1:38amGreat report Brian, entertaining as always. The Limerick Leader needs you..!!
Andrew HanneyJul 5 2019, 9:53amMust say Brian your reports are excellent. I wasn't even at this race but I feel like I was.
We just need Mikey to get back to his writing too.
Mick HanneyJul 5 2019, 11:31amAnother report added.
Jenny Uí ShéJul 12 2019, 7:02pmHi Rachel hope you are well.
My son Aaron o Sé came first in
The m14 section at Trooperstown.
We didn’t stay for the prizegiving.
We will be there on Wednesday
For djouce do you plan to be there and
If so could you bring the voucher
Please? Thanks Jenny
Rachel CinnsealachJul 13 2019, 12:15pmHi Jenny,

I will be there on Wednesday and I'll bring the voucher. We'll done to Aaron.

Rachel
Rachel CinnsealachJul 13 2019, 12:15pmHi Jenny,

I will be there on Wednesday and I'll bring the voucher. We'll done to Aaron.

Rachel
Rachel CinnsealachJul 13 2019, 12:16pmHi Jenny,

I will be there on Wednesday and I'll bring the voucher. Well done to Aaron.

Rachel
Jenny Uí ShéJul 14 2019, 5:40pmHi Rachel
Thankyou so much
Jenny