Irish Mountain
Running Association

Scarr

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Brendan LawlorMay 24 2019, 8:27amHi

I'm looking for a laptop operator and a few more helpers for Scarr race , Leinster League Race 5
Brendan LawlorMay 29 2019, 10:33amAnyone looking to put their new laptop skills into operation, I still need a laptop operator for Scarr. We have a very skilled Deputy Laptop operator already so it could also suit someone looking to give it a try with a lot of support
Beth StephensJun 2 2019, 5:24pmIm available to help, but definitely not able for the laptop
Brendan LawlorJun 3 2019, 3:59pmThanks Beth, can you sign up on MyIMRA please

One or two helpers and I'll be good to go.. don't be shy...
Brendan LawlorJun 6 2019, 8:51amHi

I still need two or three more helpers.. I'll take running volunteers also.

Volunteers needed for later races too so please sign up at an upcoming race. As Trump said yesterday in Doonbeg..'Ask not what IMRA can do for you, but what you can do for IMRA...Ich bin ein Irelander'

Just reposting these committee reminders for next week....

We would just like to clarify a few things about the new registration process on race day for the Leinster League. As we migrate to the new timing system, it is imperative that we follow this process to the letter.
• EVERYONE must sign-in on race day, regardless of whether you are registered online.
• EVERYONE must SCAN-IN with their chip, at registration.
• NO CHIP, NO RESULT. Everyone must have a timing chip attached to their shoe. This must be registered annually and swiped-in on each and every race day (as above). If you lose your chip out on course, please let one of the finishing marshals know.
• SIGN UP EARLY, please purchase annual membership at least 24 hours before the race. If your name is not in the system, it is not possible for you to race. As all of our participant information is downloaded from the website, we may not have an up to date list within 24 hours of the race. We will always endeavour to facilitate a new download of runner information to ensure everyone is included, but this may not be possible in some remote locations, or due to a busy registration.
• REGISTRATION CLOSES 15 minutes before the race starts, to allow the volunteer team to get to the start line and set up.
• EARLY STARTERS should make themselves known to the registration team upon arrival and sign-in. Early start will be 30 minutes before the main race.
• JUNIOR/SHORT COURSE runners should also make themselves known to the registration team upon arrival and sign-in. Short course start will be 5 minutes after the main race.

Many Thanks
The Committee
Jenny Uí ShéJun 6 2019, 5:25pmHi Brendan
Jenny here. I would be happy
To volunteer in a running
Capacity.
Will happily take money from
Cars at the car park
For example!
Jenny Uí ShéJun 6 2019, 5:26pmCollect I mean!
Brendan LawlorJun 6 2019, 5:36pmThanks Jenny, I can supply a balaclava or do you prefer to use your own ??
Sarah JonesJun 6 2019, 9:25pmI am happy to help. Happy to be along course. New to volunteering so will need info
Brendan LawlorJun 6 2019, 9:44pmThanks Jenny and Sarah.. can you volunteer on myImra so I have your contact details please
Brendan LawlorJun 7 2019, 9:00amWe have enough volunteers for Scarr now.. please Volunteer for future races to allow stressed out RD's to get some sleep
Alan KilbrideJun 10 2019, 2:17pm.

Hi,

If someone is new to mountain running and unsure how they will get on, can they do the short course if they are over 18?

I see it's described as the "Junior/Short" courses above, so not sure if it's for under 18s only?

Thanks,
Alan.
Kevin O'RiordanJun 10 2019, 2:26pmHi Alan,

Anyone may do the short course if they wish. Would definitely recommend it if someone is first time and unsure of how they'll get on.
Jim FitzharrisJun 10 2019, 2:29pmAlan,

If there is a designated short course for a race (as appears to be the case here), yes: an adult/over 18 can do the short course should they so choose.

This can be an option for a newbie, someone returning from injury, etc. Just be sure to follow the organiser's instructions regarding start time, etc.

Cheers,

Jim.
Brendan LawlorJun 10 2019, 3:14pmYes the Short Course is open to anyone, juniors, beginners, very slow runners or runners returning from injury. The Short course will set off 5 minutes after the main field

REMINDER : Online entries for Scarr will close tomorrow at 6pm

Can all volunteers please be at Registration by 6 if at all possible

(Apologies I posted to the wrong thread earlier)
Alan KilbrideJun 10 2019, 4:01pm-------------------------------------------------------

Thanks everyone for the replies on the Short Course.

Quick question, how short is short ;)

I don't see any info on this in the details section?

Thanks again!!
Alan.

-------------------------------------------------------
Brendan LawlorJun 10 2019, 7:01pmAlan

The short course is around 4km. Short courses are generally 3-5 km
Ben ConroyJun 12 2019, 12:40pmHi, Not sure if this is the right place but I'm hoping to do this run this eve but missed registration last night. I've just paid my membership for year and bought some tokens. Can I register on the day? Also of course I don't have a race number can I get by without or get a temp one..
Brendan LawlorJun 12 2019, 12:52pmHi Ben

Sorry but registration closed last night. You can come to the next race either registering online (7 euro) or buy 10 race vouchers (50 euro)

Regards

Brendan
Mikey FryJun 12 2019, 1:10pmBen if you’ve paid your Reg for the year just pick up your vouchers tonight and number your good to go...brendan must be stressed out:)
Stuart ScottJun 12 2019, 1:19pmBrendan is right (unless something's changed since) - registration closes the night before in order to get the runner data into the laptop. So Ben, unless you paid for the annual membership before 6pm last night, then unfortunately you'll have to wait until next week. Race entry is different, there'll always be someone to sort you out with a voucher on the night but unfortunately the annual membership is a trickier one. Hopefully see you next week though!
Mikey FryJun 12 2019, 1:50pmLads he has a race number 2635 so I presume he can race means he’s registered just needs to use vouchers which he said he has!!
Clodagh MoranJun 12 2019, 11:03pmHi, I’m on the results as having done the short but I actually did the long. Would it be possible to amend my result? I think that would add two minutes to my time. Thanks to all the volunteers
Clodagh MoranJun 12 2019, 11:04pmHi, I’m on the results as having done the short but I actually did the long. Would it be possible to amend my result? I think that would add two minutes to my time. Thanks to all the volunteers
Pádraig DoyleJun 13 2019, 7:04amThanks to Brendan & the Scarrlettes for another great race!
P.
Peter BellJun 13 2019, 9:27amBig thanks to Brendan and his team for last night. Not the nicest evening to be standing around.
Good fun race, nice decent and marked well.
Well done to all the winners.
Brendan LawlorJun 13 2019, 10:40amA big thank you to my team of volunteers who helped make last nights race run reasonably smoothly given the weather conditions.. race marker, Stuart Scott, First Aid, Linda Rowden, laptop Pol O'Murchu assisted by Conor O'Farrell. The route marshals did a great job on a tough night so big thanks to Paul Mahon, Hilary Jensinson and Sarah Jones. The rest of the volunteer crew were also fab and made my job very simple.

Thanks as usual to the Gaffney family for the use of their field (for the 12th year in a row!), we raised €406 for Mountain Rescue.

There were a few prizegiving glitches which we will straighten out next week. Patsy was dethroned by a new whippersnapper M70 young fella named Francis Conroy, so apologies to Francis for that error. But be warned you have a target on your back !

See you all next week and please email Conor with any results errors
Dave DochertyJun 13 2019, 10:40amGreat craic last night on Scarr and in the pub. Thanks to Brendan and gang. Great motivation from the summit Marshal. Thanks to Stuart and Mike for the lifts. Wednesdays are great craic altogether.
Brendan LawlorJun 13 2019, 10:41am.
Gordon PlaceJun 13 2019, 12:41pmThank Brendan and all the gang for another great race.
I did try to sort out the number issue with the lads afterwards Brendan but they said to do it next week, will do.
Imogen McGuinnessJun 13 2019, 1:23pmHi. What is Conor's email address please?
Lillian DeeganJun 13 2019, 1:32pm.
Hi Imogen,

Con can be reached at - results@imra.ie
Alan AylingJun 13 2019, 6:16pmGreat race last night, very enjoyable once we got going, weather seemed horrible beforehand but grand when moving. Fair play to marshals, Mr Mahon's typical brand of "encouragement" at the summit was most welcome...

Just a wee thought for this race - and please don't take it wrongly. The event details page states

"As is often the case at IMRA races, car parking is limited for this event."

Seems a little patronising when you arrive to an enormous field which could have taken 4 x the number of cars. Given that the money raised went to MR - a great cause and very decent of the landowners to agree to that - would it not make sense to back off with the call for carpooling, let a few more bucks come the way of MR and save the plea for carpooling for when it matters?
Brian KitsonJun 13 2019, 9:38pmOnce more, with feeling...

race report up.

Thanks so much to Brendan and his team.
Ben ConroyJun 13 2019, 10:13pmHi thanks to all for helping with my query yesterday I must say though after asking the q I never checked back for answers and just rolled up blissfully ignorant and was sorted out in no time so great organisation and really enjoyable run thanks to all. Also the young whippersnapper who was reinstated as the M70 champ is my Dad -well done Frank- although he'll be nervous now for next week. Being new to IMRA we had just assumed that's the way it works and the race officials had been bribed looked like with toffifees and Belgian chocolate shells. We had been working on a counter bribe for next week involving Wagonwheels and Chocolate teacakes but luckily not needed ..
Ben ConroyJun 13 2019, 10:14pm.
Ben ConroyJun 13 2019, 10:16pm.
Alan AylingJun 14 2019, 12:25amCracking report as always Brian... least you won't have to worry too much about descending skills next week :-)

And Ben... you seem to be discovering the joy of our forum and "The Wait" - that period of nothingness during which one cannot help but feel they must have missed the Reply button completely and hit it at least twice more just to be sure!
Francis ConroyJun 15 2019, 4:36pmThis is me - I feel I must respond to all that 'Bull****' posted by someone who should know better - the runs are most enjoyable & I speed up downhill with my rollers - so don't deserve the prize - Powerscourt should be a more rigorous test - let's see what the day brings -
Conor O'FarrellJun 15 2019, 6:06pmFor those who have contacted me already, I have fixed the results. For anyone else, please email me at results@imra.ie