Irish Mountain
Running Association

Tonelagee and Lap of the Lake

Forum Messages

AuthorDateMessage
Pat FoleyFeb 3 2019, 8:45pmHi, I see that tonelagee is listed as an event this year but unlike the past few years, it is not listed as part of the leinster championship. Will this event make up part of the leinster championship for 2019? I have a similar question regarding mt brandon (kerry) and the munster championship. Thanks, pat
Lillian DeeganFeb 5 2019, 1:00amHi Pat,
To reply to your query on Tonelagee and Mt. Brandon - Every year when calendar planning for any of the IMRA Championship events, we try to give a little flavour of what’s available in other locations. And with this said, the LC listed events were changed about this year with Tonelagee not forming part of the LC 2019 set. Similar score for Brandon with MMRA.

With the Tonelagee & Lap of the Lake route being a great little open Mt. event over the years, it has been kept as a stand alone race for this year.

Hoping the above answers your query sufficiently.
Pat FoleyFeb 16 2019, 11:01pmThanks very much for the clarification Lillian
Mick HanneyFeb 24 2019, 5:25pmI have updated the final race on the Leinster champs, a new route we will be trying out. Still to be finalised but the outline plan is in the event.
Brían O'MearaApr 7 2019, 6:41pmThree weeks to Tonelagee and we could do with a few more volunteers, if possible. A summit marshal would be good to have, as would a laptop operator. The race is open mountain and unmarked and the gear requirement referred to on the event page is mandatory.
Brían O'MearaApr 7 2019, 6:46pmAnd very grateful if the web master could change the event linked forum tag from Leinster Champs to Tonelagee and Lap of the Lake ( thanks Kevin!)..
Brían O'MearaApr 25 2019, 8:54pmNo further volunteers needed for Tonlagee. Runners should bear in mind the mandatory kit detailed on the event page, in light of the weather forecast.
Alan AylingApr 26 2019, 12:04amHi Brian - route description mentions "Crossing the road", but doesn't expressly forbid running up the road for any distance before heading onto the hill. Could you confirm for the sake of clarity and avoiding disputes on the day?
Thanks!
Brían O'MearaApr 27 2019, 6:22pmRunners can take it that running up the road after the crossing point is expressly forbidden! Route details amended accordingly.

Brían
Alan AylingApr 28 2019, 3:48pmGreat oul' craic today, people scattered everywhere!
Thanks Brían & crew.
Lillian DeeganApr 28 2019, 4:05pmYep, another grand Tonelagee and Lake Lap outing. Well done everyone! This was Brían's 1st outing as RD - great job bossman, not a bother on ya! Love the way you spent a few quid on treats to include the little helper ppl and us lot. John Bell - thanks for winning the race for me - Brían, I'll collect me winnings another time ;) And as if by magic, we met with our F14 Devils Glen young lady, Paulina Hanney - hoping we'll be seeing herself plenty more during the upcoming LL period.
Alistair HodgettApr 28 2019, 5:50pmThanks to the RD and volunteers, a great day out in the hills
Brían O'MearaApr 28 2019, 5:58pmYour winnings are in the post, Lilian! Thanks to the volunteers (Larry, Niall, Mary, Anne,Ronan, Jenny & team, Patsy and Kevin) made my RD job easy.
Conor O'FarrellApr 28 2019, 7:48pmThanks to Brian and everyone else involved for another great IMRA scattering(as can be seen in the flyby: https://labs.strava.com/flyby/viewer/#2325444307?c=gc7mybn2&z=E&t=1SnOXC&a=03abihv0qorHeJyKeZSaiswRnYriVp6K2GqlijjfnoqD9qmKR3-aiudeqYoYy6GKDjGfiolQm4o).

Results are now up. Can you please email any results queries to Conor <dot> ofarrell <at> imra <dot> ie.

Thanks
Con
Ross FitzgeraldApr 28 2019, 9:15pmGreat bit of fun & frolics in the hills earlier.
Good stuff Con getting results up so soon and, more entertainingly, that Strava link! Fabio's pink route was definitely a popular choice today ;)
Thanks to Brian and crew for facilitating. Well done to all the winners and wanderers
Aidan RoeApr 28 2019, 9:59pmThanks to Brian and rest of team. First race in open mountains in a few years. I forgot how much ‘fun’ it was. Perfect conditions. Looking forward to season ahead.
Aidan
Gerard KeatingApr 29 2019, 9:39amGreat fun in the hills yesterday. If ever there was proof needed that maps are mandatory on these runs it was yesterday! At one stage about 12 of us were standing around looking at a map. Thanks Brian and all volunteers yesterday - sorry if we made you stand around longer than you needed to be!
Peter BellApr 29 2019, 9:52amBig thanks to Brian and his team for yesterday, it was a cold day to be standing around. Tonglagee always makes a really good proper mountain race. Choosing a route always adds a bit of extra fun to the race too. Well done to all the winners and all the lost soles for finding their way home.
Tiernan SwanApr 30 2019, 5:22pmThank you and well done Brian on RD on Sunday and to all the volunteers at Tonelagee!Yous were great! Really enjoyed the event. (so much so that i did an extra 2k ;) had a good laugh at the strava ) Sure its all learning isnt that it!? Onwards and Upwards or is leftwards!? i better check me map! lol